Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach - 3D turn-based strategy from Slitherine

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by LESS T_T, Aug 2, 2016.

1. grudgebringergender: ⚧ Guest

grudgebringer
    Click here and disable ads!
    It seems that morale system as it is now isn't working at all. Even if unit have BROKEN state they still attack as they normally do without any noticeable penalties to their actions. So, bear that in mind when using flamethrowers, for example.

I'm glad that devs are on their way, but I'd like to see them fix core systems before adding any new features.

^ Top  
  2. Galdredgender: ⚧ Generalist Patron

Galdred
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It is probably just a bug. I am pretty sure they could not shoot during beta when morale was broken.
    Flamethrowers did work, though, because it was not counted as an attack (ie did not have to target an enemy units).

And actually, it might be hard to fix some core features without adding new stuff:
    I am reworking the armor penetration model in my mod (so that penetration and armor are not separate roll: currently, the target makes a heavy armor roll that does not depend on penetration, then the shooter makes a penetration roll that does not depend on the heavy armor), but given that the Orks have very few anti tank units (deffkopter with rokkit launchas, mega nobz, DeffDreds and Killa Kans in melee, Gorkanaut in melee, and battlewagon with SoopaKannon), making so that a heavy bolter of big shoota cannot penetrate heavy armor might make things very difficult for them if we don't add AT units, as the existing ones are underwhelming (the deffcopter die easily, and the other ones would have a hard time against a kiting tank).
    I wanted to repurpose Flash Gitz, but that cannot work, because the number of shots is fixed.

^ Top  
  3. grudgebringergender: ⚧ Guest

grudgebringer
    More balance changes and QoL improvements in beta patch

So... it seems that this patch sums up all of my problems with the latest official build so far. Time to try it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. grudgebringergender: ⚧ Guest

grudgebringer
    Looks like I didn't pay enough attention to it, the morale definitely affects unit actions - they lose accuracy and reaction fire, can't move in certain directions, etc. There were a couple of bugs, but now they seem to be fixed with that latest beta patch.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. grudgebringergender: ⚧ Guest

grudgebringer
    Another beta patch released

Mainly just bugs and errors fixing, but also this

^ Top  
  6. *-*/\--/\~gender: ⚧ Learned

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    So they essentially fucked up any value the transports had. What reason do you now have to waste 240 points on a Rhino when you can take two extra squads for that price...

^ Top  
  7. Galdredgender: ⚧ Generalist Patron

Galdred
    Parrots:
    Indeed, it would have been much better to add a flag that an unit had disembarked to prevent unloading unit.reloading unit.
    That said, Rhino can easily be recosted. They cost half as much in the TT.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Commissar Dracogender: ⚧ KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Looks like another Slitherine game; worth picking a year after release fully patched and all DLCs added. At least its better than this turd Battle for Tallarn was.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. LESS T_Tgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    First expansion is Orks campaign: http://www.matrixgames.com/news/221...e.-.the.first.DLC.for.Sanctus.Reach.is.coming!

• incline incline x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Galdredgender: ⚧ Generalist Patron

Galdred
    Parrots:
    Actually, Orks vs Marines could be more interesting, as camping an approaching ork horde should be easier for the AI than assaulting entrenched Space Marines.

^ Top  
  11. *-*/\--/\~gender: ⚧ Learned

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    Considering how OP the Orks were in the first campaign, this one might turn out being too easy. Besides, I have no interest in killing the "good" guys, so no thanks. :D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. grudgebringergender: ⚧ Guest

grudgebringer
    More with a new patch:
    Still waiting on DLC to come out. New units look rather cool:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Taka-Haradin puolipeikkogender: ⚧ Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
  14. LESS T_Tgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    Weirdboy is on the loose now.

And more is coming:

• incline incline x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Galdredgender: ⚧ Generalist Patron

Galdred
    Parrots:
    Not much news, but according to the Steam forums, the campaign is better.
    They have worked a lot on the game patch wise, so it is probably much better than when I tried it.
    They also plan to add Imperial Guard Astra Militarum next, which was to be expected, but rather underwhelming (as we'll end up with the same races than in Armageddon, or Final Liberation).
    The trailer definitely has a nice Final Liberation vibe.

Edit: That said, there was still a lot of work to do to match Final Liberation, let alone surpass it, so I am really looking forward to someone else giving it a shot (I got burnt out during beta).

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. *-*/\--/\~gender: ⚧ Learned

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    On a side note, anyone have any idea why the hell they replaced something as iconic as imperial guard with that damn 'astra militarum', which sounds like a name for a junior ballet group?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again vonAchdorfgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Parrots:
    Copyright

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. *-*/\--/\~gender: ⚧ Learned

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    Like... whose copyright? First Imperial Guard codex came out in 1989, thought they would have acquired it by now. :D

^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again vonAchdorfgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Parrots:
    They couldn't copyright (trademark) Imperial Guard and therefore invented a term / trademark they own.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Galdredgender: ⚧ Generalist Patron

Galdred
    Parrots:
    They have the same problem with space marines actually.

^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again vonAchdorfgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Parrots:
    Good that we now have Primaris Space Marines :D

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. *-*/\--/\~gender: ⚧ Learned

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    Which kind of proves it's a nonexistent "problem" made up by some corporate cumbucket. Both terms have been used by GW for three decades and are closely associated with them, it's not like someone can suddenly steal them.

^ Top  
  23. Spectaclegender: ⚧ Arcane

Spectacle
    Parrots:
    GW is obsessed with trademarks for some reason. Some years back they changed the names on all their paints to made up words that they could trademark.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Drakrongender: ⚧ Arcane

Drakron
    Parrots:
    Well its not as of they own it either, Imperial Guard dates back to at least Napoleon so it was a existing name when they made then in WH40k, even Space Marines as a name is older, first usage was in Amazing Stories in the 1930's.

Giving then the usual WH40 Latinarium just allows then to own that name, even if its GW we are talking about I doubt they start going to reprint everything in their broken Latin.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Galdredgender: ⚧ Generalist Patron

Galdred
    Parrots:
    A good question indeed: what is the point? Who cares if they own the space marine trademark? I could call the characters of my game space marines or chaos warriors, and it would nor make them lose any fan not make me get any, so what is the point of abandoning their established lore names for some irrelevant trademark issues? At lest, Imperial Guard was very misleading (people would expect elite forces, not cannon fodder with such a name), but space marines to primaris marines would really be stupid (in case they really plan to phase them out).

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)