Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

Renevent

Cipher
That looks...fucking awesome.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Warhammer we deserve
CLTsg-MUkAA6yOF.jpg:large

Shadenuat

Arcane
Diablo with cover is the best way rpg can represent 40K then
Great

We can start posting pictures with Macha now, since nothing better would come out of this thread anyway

40K is a universe that can hold the richest of game genres, yet developers consistently diminish it to... that
at least it's not tower defence with space marines, right?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
If it was a TB game, like GW has on mobile, or Space Hulk on PC, I'd probably get it on day 1. But this way, I'll wait for some reviews. Van Helsing was good for what it was, but they definitely have to add to the formula to convince me that it's more than a fun little pastime.

The game looks awesome though.

• Two Campaigns
    • Story Campaign (Single player, also tutorial)
    • Inquisitorial Campaign (one sector as persistent online multiplayer open world sandbox)
  • Own ship with crew
  • different factions
  • challenges and missions
  • community influences the "canon" of the persistent world
  • tower defense'ish parts for your own fortress (which is also quest hub and storage area)
  • release 2016
  • content support for several years

The tower defense / fortress part reek too much of Van Helsing for my likings. Also persistent online multiplayer sandbox – that's too much D3 for me.

Someone rip the models and make a total conversions of Space Hulk: Ascension.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So the ONLY way to play a new Warhammer TURN-BASED game is to go to the Apple APP store?

BRB :M

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Saw twitch live. Man kited huge plague beast for like 10 minutes. Just shooting and running back. That's all. He simply jum closer, fired a plasma shot then run back and waited till it reloads. For 10 minutes.
That was a developer playing.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Saw twitch live. Man kited huge plague beast for like 10 minutes. Just shooting and running back. That's all. He simply jum closer, fired a plasma shot then run back and waited till it reloads. For 10 minutes.
That was a developer playing.
Got a link?

ColCol

Arcane
In motion it looks terrible and why boast about an open world if that open world is likely to be one large (probably) random dungeon crawl.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why, Neocore, why? You proved you can make RTS games with huge battles with King Arthur, why don't you do that with this franchise?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why they don't make it like Kotor II with your ship as base and interaction with you retinue and planets to visit and purge from Heretics, Xenos and Demons in the name of Emprah in TB tactical Combat like Incubation or X-Com... or Even DoW2 (loved the gear collection and that it had more stats than Twicher ''RPG'')? With you purity/corruption meter influenced by both dialogues and way you complete the missions and option to go Puritan or Radical? Instead of this we will get another boring Diablo Clone. Throne preserve us from Chaos :popamole:.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why, Neocore, why? You proved you can make RTS games with huge battles with King Arthur, why don't you do that with this franchise?

Maybe because Van Helsing sold more then King Arthur so they want to replicate the success.

Its also possible that GW hired them to make a action game since they already have a strategy game in the works.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I wonder how they will prevent cheaters from their online MMO part? You can carry over your SP character. Unless the whole game has a somewhat draconion D3 system, this won't work. They only want one world, so it's not like Torchlight II where it's yeah, you can cheat, and we don't care.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
First info I could find coming out of Gamescon 2015:

We don't have anything on this game by the way, because Neocore ignored all our attempts to contact them. Prior experience, perhaps.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I don't think so. But Neocore is from Eastern Europe, so they probably read the Codex every day.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
We have a Roxor review for any of their games? :D

I played a bit of the first Van Helsing and it wasn't too bad. I only stopped because my computer at the time had problems running it well. It isn't anything groundbreaking though, just a diablo clone.

I'm expecting a competent diablo clone. It's not the game I want to play in the W40K universe, but at least it has the potential to be playable, unlike a lot of stuff that comes out from the IP. I do hope they stuff a bit of story bits that help set the mood to cleave some heretics.

Inspectah

Savant
Why is it so hard to make a proper 40k tactic turn based game?
I mean, we even have a wargame(and a pretty good one at that), why not a TBS squad game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom