Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

Caconym

Augur
Got a feeling this will be some kind of Dark Souls clone, just like Lords of the Fallen. Which is totally ok in my book.
That would be preferable. I'm really not into diabloids.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe you live in black and white world, but most people live in shades of gray world.
That's a hilarious statement because the words "better" and "worse" are part of the shades of gray world.

I believe you live in a world where logic flies like a pig over the moon.
Sigh..
Since you seem to be trying so much to earn my tag, congrats you can have it. :P

Andnjord

Arcane
I was about to be excited then I saw action RPG. What a waste of potential. An Inquisitor cRPG in the vein of the Fallout type of gameplay with some proper HERESY! mechanic would have had me reaching for my wallet n a heartbeat, but an action RPG? Meh, let's wait and see (and most likely ignore and forget).

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I was about to be excited then I saw action RPG. What a waste of potential. An Inquisitor cRPG in the vein of the Fallout type of gameplay with some proper HERESY! mechanic would have had me reaching for my wallet n a heartbeat, but an action RPG? Meh, let's wait and see (and most likely ignore and forget).
My wet dream is a turn-based RPG in Dark Heresy setting with ability to join various puritan or extremist factions and where wrting\text is more important than action.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
My wet dream is a turn-based RPG in Dark Heresy setting with ability to join various puritan or extremist factions and where wrting\text is more important than action.

You mean Radical Comrade plenty of Extremist Puritan sects in the the Holy Ordos... and Yes shame that will get at best another AAA :popamole:and some cheap showelware at worst instead.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth

Add option to make your character use his attributes to make people follow you in your goals/faction goals and brainfuck them if they resist.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Van Helsing is mediocre.
Van Helsing is worse than Diablo 3.
Mediocre is worse than Diablo 3.
Diablo 3 is better than mediocre.
Maybe you live in black and white world, but most people live in shades of gray world.

It's called inference. You should look it up; logic is pretty useful in life, ya know?
Tnx for the English lesson, now go away or back to wherever you were 15 posts before. My guess they are just as useless as your 16th one...

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
No it was very mediocre, even worse than diablo 3 which is an achievement.

Van Helsing is (very) mediocre.
Van Helsing is worse than Diablo 3.
(Very) mediocre is worse than Diablo 3.
Diablo 3 is better than (very) mediocre.

>Calling Diablo 3 better than mediocre
possibly_retarded.png

:M

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok can this diablo 3 derailment stop so we can continue talking about how terrible van helsing was :D

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Durwyn

Prophet
From everyones favourite RPGWatch

Warhammer 40.000 : Inquisitor – Martyr will portray the secret war of the Inquisition against the taint of Chaos . The presentation will feature one of the available classes fighting his way through a haunted, Gothic cathedral of a space - faring, colossal monastery - ship, infested by mutants and heretics of Nurgle , one of the terrible Gods of Chaos. This Inquisitor belongs to the Crusader class, the perfect candidate to illustrate how our game adds some extra flavor the to the familiar ARPG elements with the new additions: the cover - based combat, enemies with attackable body parts and the so - called battle drugs that will replace the usual potions.

:popamole:

No other press blurb metioned this part, so it may be that they'd pulled this shit out of their asses.

Renevent

Cipher
First info I could find coming out of Gamescon 2015:

https://translate.google.com/transl...or-martyr-gamescom-2015-vorschau/&prev=search

No vids/images yet but some impressions I guess...kinda hard to read.

(translated)

Few universes have been so often translated into games like Warhammer and Warhammer 40k universe. Games Workshop does not shy from the collaboration with video game-forging, on the contrary, they are always open to new concepts and new implementations. It was also at this year's gamescom again several games in 40K universe to examine, among other things, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr. The game was introduced to us at Neocore and not just look was quick to realize that the team was in charge of the Van Hellsing action RPG before. With Martyr has created a bloody action-RPG in the world of 40k, which concerns all around the inquisitors who try the plague of chaos to master. Here, the game combines a clear start-Map and a bunch of dungeons, which are to be solved. The whole as far looks and feels betrays our gamescom preview, a lot of fun.

A living world

The basic idea of Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Marty: You choose on the star map from gradually Dungeons and schnetzelt you story driven by a Dungeon after another. Here you discover not only interesting stories, you decide for different orientations of the inquisitors. These qualities are not as centralized as one might think, and there is also repeatedly carried out attacks on enemy strongholds and defend your own. There are even a PvP-Part that allows you to a dynamic world to compete with other orientations. However, the classic gameplay in Dungeons and this does not affect the content was mainly the gamescom demo.

Quality rather than quantity

Instead you to hunt hundreds of enemies in front of the gun and to give you corresponding abilities to their destruction by the hand, attempts have been made to the Warhammer rulebook to orient, reduces the battle pace dramatically, let the fights run tactical and focuses more on faithful opponents and figures rather than thousands of different items. So you are fighting with the typical weapons like the Chainsaw against typical opponents and just fans of the universe are so fast feel. It is not uncommon that blood splatters, flying body parts and walls are injected. Martyr is aimed clearly at an adult audience and is not afraid from strong violence. Boss monsters of a certain size have so for example individually targetable body parts that need separate it.Taking a strong melee Monster example, the arms, you have it then significantly lighter in combat.

The version shown was a pre-alpha and accordingly looked still quite raw from. Felt it has, unfortunately, still very raw and actually pleasant idea of tactical, slow gameplay is in the implementation, unfortunately for lame of clicking, in which I often run away from enemy projectiles rather than to make me into the fray. I miss something the Diablo-bustle, the bustle of the opponents, the lust for loot. Because of the tactical claim Martyr in my eyes still too superficial. My suggestion: invest more in the tactical aspect and zoom even closer to the tabletop presentation.

First impression: The Van Hellsing franchise already has experience are collected and with the 40K license spoken to many fans, the stars are so actually for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr.However, the game does not feel really at convincing and made the short gamescom demo some doubts have arisen.Whether it will be enough in the end to a proper place in the genre of Fame is not yet to be assessed, be unfinished for the game to beat was the gamescom demo.Fans of the universe should keep the game in mind, we will do so as well and report as soon as we venture a more accurate assessment.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
^ tldr edition:

you constantly go from dunjin to dunjin for story reasons

combat speed is relatively 'slower' and more """""""tactical"""""", without thousands of enemies on screen

lots of dismemberment

some bosses can be tacticooly dismembered to weaken them

the presented build was pre-alpha

dude feels not really convinced cuz the game looks too slow and not as Awesome as diablo

Renevent

Cipher
The dungeon to dungeon thing actually sounds like it makes sense for the game. It also sounds like you have a base of operations that you decide on which missions to take and how to approach them. Based on the books I've read (Eisenhorn trilogy, for instance), that's the perfect setup. While Eisenhorn didn't have one single base, he kinda operated in a similar manner basically doing investigation, going to a planet/city, getting into trouble and finding out more, returning to base, more investigation, off to next world.

First image, offscreen though:

CLthfVJWwAA2WIP.jpg:large

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
New screenshots
1438907482-1980-capture-d-ecran.jpg

1438907482-8125-capture-d-ecran.jpg

1438907482-3968-capture-d-ecran.jpg

1438907483-2228-capture-d-ecran.jpg

1438907487-7068-capture-d-ecran.jpg

Cet ajout, c'est un système de couverture que le joueur - mais aussi les ennemis - peuvent utiliser pour prendre le dessus lors des affrontements. On aura la possibilité de se planquer derrière la plupart des éléments du décors pour se mettre à l'abri du feu ennemi. Gardez toutefois à l'esprit que les éléments du décor sont pour la plupart destructibles. NeocoreGames indique ensuite avoir choisi une approche plus réaliste et tactique des combats. Ainsi, nous ne rencontrerons pas de nombreuses grappes d'ennemis à atomiser en quelques clics à la manière d'un action-RPG traditionnel, mais des rassemblements plus restreints qui forceront le joueur à adopter une approche plus réfléchie des combats.

Sounds good. Cover based combat with destructible environments. Unlike traditional ARPG, there aren't hordes of enemies but more deliberately placed groups which force the player to take an more thoughtful approach to combat. Apparently you can also pick the missions in an order you like.
Boss with different destructible parts were already mentioned in the thread. Like if you destroy the stomach of a poison spitting demon, it loses this attack.

from http://www.jeuxvideo.com/preview/43...par-les-createurs-de-van-helsing-gamescom.htm

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom