Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

ArchAngel

Arcane
WH40K action RPG.

I have no problem with this.
in theory it can be good but not by van helsing devs. That game mediocre in any way possible.
The first one was pretty good, if they improve on that, this game can be fun.
No it was very mediocre, even worse than diablo 3 which is an achievement.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This will invariably dissapoint and more the fool who believes this will deliver anything resembling compelling gameplay.

Renevent

Cipher
Oh man...this is awesome news. I've been waiting for an ARPG version of 40K for a long time, and Neocore usually puts out solid games.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
Bah, all you negative nancies. You have to hold out hope that every GW licensed game will be awesome until proven otherwise. Granted pickings have been a bit slim since THQ shut up shop, but never lose hope. That Mordheim one was pretty much OK.

Until Firaxis get the Necromunda license and build the squad tactics game of our wet dreams, I'm going to hold on to the belief that this and the Battlefleet Gothic game are going to be the saviours of GW's digital reputation.

ColCol

Arcane
So, is this going to be an action rpg like diablo or........

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Bah, all you negative nancies. You have to hold out hope that every GW licensed game will be awesome until proven otherwise. Granted pickings have been a bit slim since THQ shut up shop, but never lose hope. That Mordheim one was pretty much OK.

Until Firaxis get the Necromunda license and build the squad tactics game of our wet dreams, I'm going to hold on to the belief that this and the Battlefleet Gothic game are going to be the saviours of GW's digital reputation.
Space Hulk Deathwing

I hope

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
WH40K action RPG.

in theory it can be good but not by van helsing devs. That game mediocre in any way possible.
>Calling Diablo 3 better than mediocre
possibly_retarded.png

Goblino

Savant
I don't trust GW not to make them do 120$ of dlc. Their new total war game is sure to have at least 300$ total cost before they're done with it. Bad enough that I pay for their overpriced models, I'm not spending money on any games under GW or CA for that matter.... or fucking Paradox strategy games. I'm visibly angry thinking about this, fuck you guys for triggering me with this thread.

LizardWizard

Cipher
I don't trust GW not to make them do 120$ of dlc. Their new total war game is sure to have at least 300$ total cost before they're done with it. Bad enough that I pay for their overpriced models, I'm not spending money on any games under GW or CA for that matter.... or fucking Paradox strategy games. I'm visibly angry thinking about this, fuck you guys for triggering me with this thread.

A guy getting visibly angry over DLC while painting his insanely priced toy dolls must be a sight to see.

ArchAngel

Arcane
WH40K action RPG.

possibly_retarded.png
Where did I say Diablo 3 is better then mediocre?
I was just comparing D3 with Van Helsing games.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
An actionRPG is such a waste of the potential of an Inquisitor. Having a spy network and influence won't show, having capable agents doing your bidding across the sector won't show. Gathering clues, corrupted artifacts and such is also unlikely to feature.

It probably won't even feature the lure of chaos and insanity of the xenos.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
WH40K action RPG.

possibly_retarded.png
Van Helsing is mediocre.
Van Helsing is worse than Diablo 3.
Mediocre is worse than Diablo 3.
Diablo 3 is better than mediocre.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
This setting just screams for a party based rpg instead of some Diablo clone. Damn shame and an utter waste of potential.

Incidently, any good reads on Inquisitor's in WH40K to be recommended? Loved the Eisenhorn novels (especially the first one) and always considered it to be pretty much the only interesting piece of well written fiction to come out of the whole setting. Did I miss something?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Incidently, any good reads on Inquisitor's in WH40K to be recommended? Loved the Eisenhorn novels (especially the first one) and always considered it to be pretty much the only interesting piece of well written fiction to come out of the whole setting. Did I miss something?
The short answer is not really.

The slightly longer answer is that some of the Ciaphas Cain novels feature an inquisitor and doing inquisitorial things (from the perspective of a somewhat unwilling conscript). There's also the ravenor novels by the same author, but they're not as good. The characters are all kinda stupid or incompetent, and way too much time is spent on their feelings as they bumble their way towards stopping the big bad.

Neanderthal

Arcane
This setting just screams for a party based rpg instead of some Diablo clone. Damn shame and an utter waste of potential.

Them two Dark Heresy novels were pretty good if you ask me, Scourge the heretic and Innocence proves nothing I think were the names. There were supposed to be a third one but it never came, don't know why.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet

The Inquisition War by Ian Watson...one of the first set of books the Games Workshop did
Ravenor Trilogy by Dan Abnett...not as good as the Eisenhorn ones
Parish by Dan Abnett...start of the new trilogy following on from Eisenhorn / Ravenor

Renevent

Cipher

Eisenhorn is the best one I've read so far...honestly wish someone would pick it up for a Lord of the Rings style movie trilogy. Anyways I've read a ton of different books in the Black Library and none of them in my opinion are as well told as Eisenhorn.

The only other book I really enjoyed was the Night Lords series (also a trilogy). It's not based on the Inquisition though so not sure if that's a non-starter, it is a really fun book though. Basically it's from the bad guy's perspective and follows around a bunch of Chaos Space Marines. It has a somewhat similar feeling as Eisenhorn in that you follow around a main cast of characters in a larger conflict, but it's def more action orientated and has less character development.

I will say that while it is a story about the "bad guy", the book does an amazing job of getting the reader to root for them.

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Lords-Aaron-Dembski-Bowden/dp/184970676X

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You forgot about best female character since the beginning of the gaming (or the era, where you could recognize the gender of the character).

Lieutanant Mira. Cursed even when other higher rank males are ded.
Even CliffyB. wrote and essey about her (and praise for feminism in gaming overall) but I can't find that thing now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
WH40K action RPG.

possibly_retarded.png
Van Helsing is mediocre.
Van Helsing is worse than Diablo 3.
Mediocre is worse than Diablo 3.
Diablo 3 is better than mediocre.
Maybe you live in black and white world, but most people live in shades of gray world.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Maybe you live in black and white world, but most people live in shades of gray world.
That's a hilarious statement because the words "better" and "worse" are part of the shades of gray world.

I believe you live in a world where logic flies like a pig over the moon.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom