Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Last time I checked, the current meta is Shwaak prism (best prism, period), Juttni brace (perpetually sustainable firepower beats longer reload and slightly higher low crit chance), and Pencha scaffold (when Shwaak's range isn't enough and you need higher single damage). On paper and based on my own experience I'm very inclined to agree, only thing I'd have to check myself is if Shraksun scaffold does massive damage to Eidolon when passing through it.

v1rus

Arcane
So, my mate (who played for a bit moar than me) told me i should sell most shit tier stuff as soon as it reaches lvl 30 - stuff like skana, and that starting rifle. How true is this?

Also, does the same go for Warframes? I currently have a lvl 30 Loki, and am leveling Frost Prime - should i sell any of these?

Vaarna_Aarne

The gist there is that there are two leveling systems in Warframe: Your stuff's individual level, and your account level. The first is self-explanatory, but the second, your overall Mastery Rank, needs a bit more explaning.

Your Mastery Rank governs two things. Firstly, it acts as a requirement, for example IIRC highest MR requirement is for the Syndicate Melee weapons at requiring MR 12. Secondly, nowadays MR also determines your minimum Mod Capacity, meaning that even unleveled weapons or frames have at minimum the Mod Capacity they would have if they were the level of your Mastery Rank. Note though that this does not grant you any new Mod Capacity, it simply makes leveling stuff easier because they come "pre-leveled" (ie, at MR 20 your stuff starts gaining "new" mod capacity only at level 21). MR also determines the maximum number of Extractors you can deploy at a time, your Standing per day maximum, number of free Loadout slots you have, Void Trace maximum capacity, and number of trades you can do per day.

Unlike usual leveling, your account's Mastery Rank is not increased by repeatable tasks or things like killing shit. MR is increased by one-time accomplishments, for example clearing a map node for the first time, unlocking Junctions, but most importantly of all every new level you get for each specific type of equipment for the first time. The amount gained depends on whether the equipment piece in question is a Warframe, Archwing, Companion, or Weapon. Warframes, Archwings, and Companions each give 200 Mastery Rank xp per level, meaning the first time you level a Loki to 30 you will gain 6000 Mastery Rank XP. Skana and Braton MK1 would be worth 3000 each at level 30. But remember, this is ONLY first time each level is reached with that particular type of equipment, meaning even if you built an all new Loki you would not gain any new Mastery Rank xp from leveling it. The same applies to slapping Forma on anything, you won't gain any MR xp from releveling equipment, though this is something you will end up doing with the good shit you amass since Forma are the next step up in the power curve (for example any frame I would call something I'd actually use generally has around 6 forma, depends on starting polarities type and number). But it's also important to note that Loki and Loki Prime are DIFFERENT pieces of equipment for MR, as are Braton, Braton MK1, Braton Prime, and Braton Vandal. Every variant of any equipment counts as new MR xp.

This is where scrapping junk equipment comes into play. You will have minimal storage space for your shit (even if they are clever at DE and sell inventory slots as some of the cheapest stuff in the cash-shop to rope you in to spending money), so you don't want to keep useless crap lying around after its real purpose (MR xp) is fulfilled. So something like Braton MK1 should be tossed right out the airlock after it hits level 30. Skana though should be used to build Dual Skana, which after hitting level 30 should be used to build Redeemer (you want to be aware of if a particular crap weapon is used as an ingredient for crafting another weapon to save time and effort).

Nonetheless, there are a fair deal of good to great weapons et al in the game, so you will start encountering problems in this regard, since a lot of stuff you don't want to or objectively should never ever airlock. Frost Prime for example is so valuable that you don't want to scrap it ever. Most older frames overall have a "Prime obsolescence" to them nowadays, so once you get your hands on Loki Prime you can airlock the regular Loki, even if Loki->Loki Prime is the most meager improvement from regular to Prime for just about anything in the game. That's really where the hard part comes, since rare and good often go hand in hand, and you have overall limited space (discounting buying new slots, which is initially a very good investment if one wants to spend cash or do some Trading for plat), so the weapons et al that are NOT shit will start piling up dangerously fast once your account starts hitting critical mass of cash and resource flow and ability to rapidly level stuff.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
To answer your question a bit shorter:

Always keep Prime frames.

Don't discard anything you can't replace with a superior something.

Keep Loki for his stealth, because you won't get Loki Prime in the near future.

Keep Frost Prime. Get, level and then discard normal Frost if you like.

Arnust

Savant
Now if I may ask to the scholars, could I get some tooltips on player trading? The little Plat boost I gave myself like 300 hours ago of 10 quid on the -75% discount's ran out and I should get to sell the fodder.

Vaarna_Aarne

I use https://warframe.market/ myself, but overall thing to understand with using these sites is to use them as guidelines for haggling. In optimal cases, you treat them as your price minimum/maximum, but they are never 100% accurate due to the fact Trade chat is chaos and mystery.

Obvious good sells are things that are vaulted but universally valued, like Frost, Rhino, Soma, that sort of thing, and you can usually get extra if you sell as a full set. Right now my completely-pulled-out-of-my-ass uneducated guess would be that Volt Prime's a good sell since it's been vaulted for a while but has never had a vault event run yet.

eklektyk

Erudite
so just got my hands on Baza - new smg that is SILENT

put two formas on it and went with ivaras prowl for a test ride

pretty satysfaying - recommend everyone that is in a clan to get it for FUN factor and since it does not break prowl it is superb for stealth missions

Gerrard

Arcane
so just got my hands on Baza - new smg that is SILENT

put two formas on it and went with ivaras prowl for a test ride

pretty satysfaying - recommend everyone that is in a clan to get it for FUN factor and since it does not break prowl it is superb for stealth missions
Here's the problem with that gun:
You can put the silencing mod on any weapon and not have retarded damage falloff of Baza while at the same time most likely having better damage.

Vaarna_Aarne

Baza's damage fall-off isn't really even an issue at usual fighting ranges outside of Kazakhstan's rolling plains and that one Corpus interception map.

Silence isn't really that big of an asset anyway since while it does reduce alarm frequency it does not contribute towards stealth kill bonuses because for that you need something with massive damage per shot rather than a Soma Prime type automatic. But even then you'd be better off using a bow rather than wasting a precious mod slot on the sniper rifle for a silencer.

Gerrard

Arcane
There's plenty of tiles with more than 22 meters of distance from any point in them. It's really not that much in game.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'd say it's still not really that big of a drawback in vast majority of the game, certainly not enough to devalue a decent gun (which is really just a substitute Soma Prime). EDIT: Or at the very least, not a major issue for my default playstyle of fast and up close n personal.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Is there a Kind Kodex Klan for this game or do I need to join another autistic community to research stuff?
You can make your own one-man clan if you want. Loads of people did that back when I first checked out the game.
Of course that means you'll have to shoulder all the resource costs yourself, but it's not that big of a deal.

Wild Slop

Arcane
We might be able to clear room of some inactives in the one I'm in. How long have you been playing? ... Not that we have any performance requirements.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten. My computer died, I put off fixing it for two months, and I also ceased giving away the rest of my Warframe shit as a result. This is what I have left to give away, plus a random assortment of unsold Prime parts (not pictured) that probably aren't worth much.

If you were already in line to receive some of this loot when my computer croaked and the loot fairy abruptly departed, well, we're starting over. Sorry about that. I suppose I'll have to roll dice or something to determine who gets what. Let's divide things into lots. You can bid on all of the lots if you want, Hell, if you're lucky you might even win most of them. Winners will be decided in a week or so.

• 3 lots of 1087p
  • 1 lot of 10 Arcane Grace
  • 1 lot of 10 Arcane Avenger
  • 1 lot of 10 Arcane Barrier
  • 1 lot of 3 Primed Banes
  • 1 lot of Primed Continuity, Flow, and Reach
  • 1 lot of Primed Cryo Rounds, Heated Charge, and Pressure Point
  • 1 lot of Primed Point Blank, Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit
  • 1 lot of the rest of the Primed mods
  • 4 lots of 4 of your choice of the best/most needful/rarest Rare mods (virtually all are maxed), can't be bothered to do a billion trades for every single one, first come first serve (but max of 4 "winners" total)

I realize that a lot of people are credit-poor and probably can't afford to take three Primed mods all at once, thanks to Digital Extremes' extremely Jewish F2P-based player economy. That's fine. Get farming, and then annoy me again when you have the credits.

For newbies who are going to turn around and sell them rather than using them, the Arcane Grace stack's currently worth about 2k plat, the Avenger stack is worth around 3k, and the Barrier stack is worth around 600.

In order to claim your prize, add me on Steam and then annoy me until I get pissed off and reply.

ef19b8bf9a.png

This is a p. gud Jewmod for the Quanta, even after it was nerfed.

65a5c578e9.png

574a8d6b4b.png

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Everyone tells me I should take the Arcane Avenger, but I would also settle for a simple suitcase full of platin.
Because I suck at selling my crap not-that-shabby stuff, so I cannot participate in the "fashionframe" endgame. :oops:

At the end of the day, I am simply not as pro as the others to appreciate arcanes I guess.

Vaarna_Aarne

Arcane Avenger is super-duper-good, but you could totally try to aim for plat too for double-dip! I mean, there can't be THAT many guys trying the charity lottery?

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
i have very few arcanes so i'd love to get those 3 sets.
in for all lots tho, thanks blaine

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom