Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's not really the controls, I just don't like it. And since I never really bothered with it, my equipment still sucks donkeyballs, making me feel like an Excalbur attempting a sortie with his MK1 Braton. Y u no die balloon man! :argh:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You can now change to the old style of movement, and it turns out the "Rush" mode is a breeze when you are not running into shit every 3 seconds.

Also you can now turn into every direction while boosting.

The Corpus tileset is off-putting because of the sheer volume of obstacles around. Especially if you're doing sabotage.
The old style of movement also makes it much much easier because you aren't constantly disoriented.

To me it's more of an aesthetic gripe that you just "ugh" bump against walls.

It's not really the controls, I just don't like it. And since I never really bothered with it, my equipment still sucks donkeyballs, making me feel like an Excalbur attempting a sortie with his MK1 Braton. Y u no die balloon man! :argh:
That just means you mooch the party to get you the kill. If the % is not all LIES at the end of the score, both me and Sloppy should be able to get a group over the score req for blue tater.

eklektyk

Erudite
since i somehow/somewhere picked 4 isotopes i did one run pug at this balor ...4.6 mln dmg and 400 endo ...dissapoint:mrfussy:

eklektyk

Erudite
nah DE broke hamster and had to emergency fix it

it works now - at least i had that problem and it went away

went and found 4 more isotopes - ofc its usless blueprint ...all i need is frikin reciver ...meh :)

Bliblablubb

Arcane
is the caps lock still on? on the c64 it was a real killer issue.
The client was changed a while ago to give a red warning if your capslock is on. That was an overdue and welcome change.

People were claiming it was a DDOS attack, but they always say that when their internet is too slow.
It was especially funny to read people saying: "I already changed my password, but no change!!!!". Because it must be me who forgot the password I used 5 mins ago, not a problem on their side...:hahano:

Dragged myself through two sortie missions for nothing, DE delivers again.

Somefag needs to show off his mad photochop skills and put glasses and a caption in that Steve (?) pic: DEAL WITH IT.

eklektyk

Erudite
went into hieracon mines once got out with fortyish isotopes and build bunch of keys ...

of course i got reciver in second try .... now got keys and isotopes but no will to run it more :)

mastery fodder vandal here i come [ grattler 4life ]

Vaarna_Aarne

I used to like Grattler quite a bit, but eventually found its limited range/reload and self-damage drawbacks that made it less useful than my nowadays forma'd Archgun selection of Fluctus, Phaedra, Velocitus, and Cyngas.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If any of you autistic dweebazoids want some of my dragon's horde of Warframe treasure, just add me on Steam, unless you're in prison or you're so obviously new to the game that you're still on the DEfense Force (Gerrard, etc.). I can't be bothered to coordinate any other way. You can find me as "Blaine" on the official Codex Steam group.

Literally tens of thousands of platinum worth of shit available, including probably 5-6k liquid platinum that I haven't already given away. Just make sure you've got a lot of credits.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
why are you going away? you could come back in future and regret making us beggar bums happy.

That ship has sailed, dude. My friend and I played Warframe together from when he was MR13 and I was MR0, right up through being MR23 bittervets who had literally everything and made 500-1000p per day just fucking around on warframe.market. Imagine always having a competent, knowledgeable pal to play and voice chat with, and then suddenly not having that anymore. There is a minority of competent veterans out there and there were a few in our clan, but it just wouldn't be the same.

More to the point though, the gameplay gets very repetitive after you've maxed every frame, every viable weapon, every decent/good/excellent mod, have all the arcanes you'll ever want, and have spent many hundreds of hours playing several builds on pretty much every frame. A new frame and a few weapons every once in awhile is just a momentary distraction.

The introduction of Rivens already had me on the cusp of quitting the game. It was blatantly obvious that DE was completely full of shit (as usual) with their stated goal of Rivens making underpowered weapons viable again. They did nothing of the sort, and besides, if DE really wanted to make shit weapons viable, they could simply have buffed their stats, as they've done with several other weapons in the past. Rivens increased power creep substantially, even after the nerf, and what DE really wanted to do was cause large amounts of platinum to change hands frequently. That makes them a lot of money despite what you might believe, because Riven mods work on a pure a lottery system (or did; it may be somewhat different now, but I doubt it).

I'll explain: When a poorfag F2P player rolls a God-tier Riven mod, he's almost certainly going to sell it for a lot of platinum. This platinum will either come from the dragon hoards of wealthy players, or from the credit cards of wallet warriors. This accomplishes two things: It reduces the overall amount of platinum richfags are just sitting on, which is necessary for that platinum to truly count as pure profit for DE (and increases the likelihood they'll eventually buy some more plat); and in the case of wallet warriors, the profit vector is obvious.

As for the poorfags who roll God-tier Riven mods, they spend all the platinum on slots, frames, Fashionframe, and so on. It may sound odd that the platinum must be spent before it can be counted as profit, but remember that there are currency faucets and currency sinks. Even though people have to purchase every single piece of platinum, only when that platinum is destroyed (by spending it in the cash shop) does it fully count as profit.

DE lies to its customers and are generally antagonistic toward their own player base. It's a good thing Space Mom is there to mellow out that collection of walking Canadian penises, and that's why F2P developers like to hire cute waifus to be Community Managers: as a lightning rod for the wrath of players when they do skeevy, underhanded, Jewish bullshit.

I am new to the game lololol
Kill yourself Blaine.

1v1 me bro.

i see... i'm always sad when somebody leaves. wherever, whenever. because something is not making somebody smile anymore.

but anyway, may i have your stuff, please? :-" i'm a hoarder, i need to have 5 copies of each prime part before selling extra for ducats, if you give me your valuable stuff most probably (if not certainly) it'll be waiting for you when you'll be back.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I'd like some goodies too. Should I ever come to my senses and leave, I'll pass it along and this will continue till the day comes where there is only 1.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Blaine , as much as I still covet your sweet sweet pickings there is a big new update that shows some promise and might give you pause... unless you are inoculated enough for such a gimmick not to work on you. Apparently the codex steam group i belonged to all this time was the wrong one.

First 8:50 is better version of a relay on Earth and after that an introduction to a large play area with day / night cycle.

Something about umbra too in another video.

Vaarna_Aarne

That's bretty cool stuff.

One thing I'd personally like as a large open area of this sort would be a highrise urban zone styled after the Corpus Cloud City for example, that'd be awesome.

EDIT: Don't really care about weapon-crafting that much, given that we are DROWNING in weapons, though having such a thing to apply to cosmetics too would be neato. Also I hope they make the whole Archwing transformation thing more seamless, it seemed rather on the clumsy side there.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Having a peacefuru colony to "fight" for is a concept long overdue. Fable 3 might have been a shitty game, but it taught me one thing: it's a totally different motivation when you not just stroll around for shits and giggles, but you do it for a bunch of pixel midgets you forced upon peasants all over the country that were a product of love and harmony. Even Skyrimjob added adoption, because a Dragonbornspawn is just awwwwww. I doubt the colony will change reflecting your actions tho.

The flesh part is... interesting. I wonder if they will present the player with a moral dilemma like "the living orokin tower" vs "food for the colony"..

Weapon crafting is... meh. If it lets me make a Soma Prime that doesn't sound like a popcorn dispenser: great! But since it's a F2P game, we all know it will be full of "buy catalysts, but slots for components, buy color buckets" and other shenigans.. so I will probably pass..

Also the quests are fake C&C, have no choice to decline! DECLINE I say! :obviously:

TLDW: Warframe goes full MMO now, open areas, foraging, crafting. In B4 mounts, because not everyone wants to use Vult to speed distances up.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Wild Slop Yeah, it's still gonna be the same shit at the end of the day.

My PC lost power suddenly and needs to be fixed (it's troubleshot down to either the PSU, mobo, or CPU; either way, I need to take it to the shop, since I have no parts to swap to further narrow it down), so I'm not going to be disbursing additional treasures until it's up and running again.

Not too keen on messing about with Warframe on the laptop. It's a very powerful laptop, but it doesn't have a dedicated GPU because a huge, hot, noisy piece of shit that runs out of battery in 40 minutes is basically the opposite of what a laptop ought to be.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
i loved playing warframe but i stopped playing sometime 3-4 weeks after the whole War Within stuff came out ... just to give you a reference.... i skimmed over the updates and know that the planets map and void tower system have been redone and obviously that there s been a bunch of new weapons and frames.... has there otherwise been signifcant interesting changes to get back in and how good are the changes ?

mind you i didnt stop playing warframe because i got bored (well obviously a bit, i think i m somewhere between MR17 or 19 and had most prime stuff maxed, all the necessary mods etc. ) but mostly because other stuff came up and after 2-3 months out it felt weird to get back playing .....

... is there enough new content to get back in now or rather wait for Plains of Eidolon ?

eklektyk

Erudite
thers xiphos to farm ...
you need 3rd casche on sab mision to have 0.5% chance at that art ... do this 3 times in a row and you got brand new spaceship ...

but since DE is adding fishing all is frgiven ... i love fishing - ist so relaxin

eklektyk

Erudite
i guess its a combination of easy to make assets and stationary place/suroundings that can be easyish made/taken from already existing assets

minimal scripting required and off you go - brand new feature with minimal effort

no need to put complex quests, brand new locations, make textures for huge places, do lighting for all that jazz and bug test huge number of brand new doodads

its basicly huge PR win for not a lot of work - and seen in other places it must work - everybody does it

mostly i like new colors for that zone - earth is nice with that rework so far as ive seen but green is everywhere and it gives nice contrast to whole planet giving it flat open praire/??/savannah [ i guess they had to cut on number of objects to make it not explede peoples computers when its running but if it looks like on that video itll be allright for what it is]

Bliblablubb

Arcane
but since DE is adding fishing all is frgiven ... i love fishing - ist so relaxin
You potatos have a strange definition of "relaxing" it seems. Staring at the river till a splash appears, then hammering your action key to stab a fish sounds more like a quicktime event to me. :hahano:

But hey, whatever makes your fishing rod raise mate. :salute:

for as cool and awesome this new open space can be, i'm afraid it's going to do the one thing that's always the ruin of every game: split the population.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom