Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
I'm the founder of a personal clan with plenty of space. I have a huge dojo, with every research fully complete. (Got the Dual Toxocysts done yesterday). If anyone wants in, just add me in-game: Neon_Angel. The name of the clan is lame (Legacy of the Fallen) but hey, free trading post and clantech.

welll, with a bit of skill and know-how, many frames can solo most t4 without breaking a sweat. like the extremely common mod "guardian" on your sentinel which restores your full shields when they deplete as long as the sentinel is alive (there's also one of those pigdogs which does it even better, but that's hard to get), or the shade sentinel which can work better than loki's invisibility (1-2 minutes of uninterrupted invisibility, i can't recall the right amount. i'm faithful to my beloved helios. i just can't be arsed to manually scan) or, again, a kubrow which does it better but, again, expensive stuff.
the point is it's boring or slower. and gives less xp.

start with some t1 exterminate. t1 keys are aplenty.

AlexOfSpades i thought the whole point of clan were showing off for the founder and leeching trade post and tech for everybody else :V

eklektyk

Erudite
well i missed boltor prime and ember prime train so i little bit sad ...

recently got parts for ivara, inaros and just yesterday all hydros parts dropped ... collecting them frames ... i may have a problem :)

and equinox will be a challenge since its so many parts and boss is waaaaay too long a trek on that map ...

[i really dislike i cant get ember prime unles i pay 700plat :( ]

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
I can taxi you to the boss that drops Equinox in no time. It's a bit of a grind though, a trillion different pieces. Took me a while to get him/her.

eklektyk

Erudite
i got some parts already :) [ unlocked most of planets/sectors with few odd bits and pices left here and there]

i simply got burned out after few parts withh that fight

curently burning thru t1mds for ducat fodder for next baro visit

and i will need to go for few survivals for missing bits on few gear

so i left my clan. i was the only one active and i couldn't leave a message to anybody. it makes me feel uneasy :/ instead of horrible emoticons and tiny buttons, the chat system needed offline messaging.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Yeah either that or a player mail system. Never saw a game where mail is an NPC exclusive thing.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I've always wanted to try this game but the lag is pretty bad from Worst America.

But I'm moving to the US in a month or so. :smug:

if you need a rapid fire weapon, amprex is the answer. no need to aim, one second exposure cleans entire rooms.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Amprex needs the range extension mod on top of Vital Sense to truly bring out its potential though. In terms of single target deeps though, it isn't a match for Soma Prime or Boltor Prime, and sometimes it's just so much fun busting out the Convectrix or a bow.

vital sense drops everywhere, once you find a nightmare deception mission on jupiter you're set. the rifle range extension mod drops everywhere. now even orokin vault mods can be bought for 10-15 platinum tops.
the main issue could be the formas needed to make out of the amprex the real powerhouse it can be, but by the way let's not forget the single most important detail: while soma or boltor are extremely dull rifles, amprex is a MAXIMUM POWER lightning projector!

anyway i'm pretty pissed. i left my first clan to join this new one because i've been told it had all the researches unlocked. now i built the clan key and find out they have the very same researches my old clan had.
this is severely irritating.

Vaarna_Aarne

If you go Madurai, the Soma Prime gains one quality that evens the odds a little between it and Amprex's portable thunderstorm aesthetic: DISMEMBERING BULLETSTORM

It's kinda like I'm often torn between Atomos, Sonicor and Staticor, since all three are great secondaries and arm cannons, on top of which its a contest between a BBQ holocaust beam, MegaBuster, and HADOUKEN. Generally Sonicor wins though because of its massive flexibility in being perfectly balanced between firepower, CC, ammo efficiency, trick shooting, and AoE.

Last edited:
sonicor buys so much time you could have dinner while you wait for enemies to get on their feet, but staticor is more powerful: it doesn't throw enemies fly around for hours but has a solid knockback, terrific fire rate and can make pain rain with a bit of multishot. the only problem is once you start shooting the fireworks show is so extreme it's impossible to understand what's going on, let alone when it's time to stop shooting. i usually do when i notice i'm moving along with the explosions a carpet of corpses.

Vaarna_Aarne

Another thing is that even with projectile speed up you can barely aim for shit beyond ten meters, and the gun is sometimes finnicky when it comes to working at all (no idea if the bug has been fixed yet). I think it's more down to the fact that Sonicor will have hit an enemy while the barrage from Staticor is still traveling to the target, so it just feels nicer to use thanks to its fast projectiles. Even if it's true that in an optimal conditions test Staticor will deal more damage (it also has the advantage of being able to combo Corrosive and Radiation with a third element, being a universal weapon; plus really short reload and large magazine) and proc status like a motherfucker (can't be assed to check right now, but doesn't Staticor have the highest proc chance in the entire game?). In the field though, I'd say the 100% knockback, faster projectiles with automatic detonation and larger AoE make the Sonicor the better choice.

Another thing is that Staticor cannot shoot around corners or ricochet like Sonicor.

It's actually a really good example of how many weapons of choice come more down to their feel for the player, unique qualities, and synergy with playstyle rather than the minor statistical advantages. I can easily see people preferring to go from headshot-to-headshot with semi-auto pistols arguing over whether they prefer Lex Prime or Vaykor Marelok, with the arguments over base damage type, reload speed, magazine size, and long range accuracy being side to side with space desert eagle vs Terminator 2 lever action flip reload.

Or in case of Sonicor vs Staticor someone will ninja in and declare that real men use Angstrum.

new clan, new weapons, two new frames, a new alert.
if only i had a job and some pussy i'd have been happy.

eklektyk

Erudite
finished hunting for equinox parts and started building that ...started limbo hunting and will prob try next for nekros ... but geting ppl for anything than odd or ods is problematic :)

yesterday hunted in t2sabs for trinity hat for syndicate offering and got shit and giggles:) rng at its finest :)

got stalker dropped war bp but i probly wont build it as it consumes broken war and i like brokenwars slash dmg more

and slowly building other clan weapons for mastery fodder plus burning t1 keys for baro ducats and all that - pretty much normal day in the "office"

Vaarna_Aarne

Started powerleveling Inaros, and here's my initial impressions:

Inaros is totally awesome, and in many ways unlike other melee-oriented self-healing tanks. The first thing you will notice is that Inaros has no shields. At all. Never. Nada. Zilch. No shields, period. Instead, Inaros has multiple times higher Health than any other frame, and has an innate ability to heal 20% of its total health whenever it kills an enemy using a melee finisher (not ground finishers tho). I guess this is also the time to mention Inaros' first power is a stun cone that leaves enemies facing you vulnerable to melee finishers (it seems that enemies with their back towards you will not be blind-stunned). Scarab Swarm is also a great increase to Inaros' survivability, as it increases Armor by 100% when fully charged. And yes, it stacks with Armored Agility and Steel Fiber. I haven't yet toyed around with the other powers much, and I haven't been knocked out yet to test the self-rez sarcophagus bleedout, but overall Inaros has earned its Formas and an Exilus Adapter with flying colors from just one session.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
You guys that own Inaros, can he have Overshields? Through Trinity's EV augment or that shield restore device from Suda?

Vaarna_Aarne

I haven't tried yet, I'll check.

Also, the new Tactical Alert appears to be bugged, causing the game to go apeshit for a while and leave you unable to login until it is done shitting itself. I guess this means another freebie Adapter once they figure out what was wrong.

i tried the mummy.

unique_forks.jpg

charged skills definitely don't work well in warframe where standing still for 1 second could mean death.

Vaarna_Aarne

I haven't had to use it yet, but I haven't done serious T4 or the like yet (since I'm also testing out/powerleveling the Azima).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom