Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Wild Slop

Arcane
Nova and Soma P to be Vaulted on the 22nd.

1lySwjC.jpg

I dont use the Tetra and this Mangacock isn't going to change that but, I suppose, can appreciate the attempt to lure players into trying certain underused weapons

my mod asks me to do a level 30+ interception mission alone, with the slowing dragon key equipped, and without being knocked out once.
yeah, right.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I got a mod for Ignis (that's a flamer) that increases rate of fire for bows and electical damage... :hahano:

Yup, randomized mods are a great contribution to the game. :salute:

Gerrard

Arcane
I got a mod for Ignis (that's a flamer) that increases rate of fire for bows and electical damage... :hahano:

Yup, randomized mods are a great contribution to the game. :salute:
Want to trade for one of my shitty mods (or something else)? I actually use Ignis a lot, so I'm willing to reroll that.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Nah, you can have that thing for freez.

But one day in the future, I will approach you and say: "Remember the mod I gave you? Now I need something from you..." :obviously:

Edit:
Also, since that quest I imagine my brat to backtalk at spacemum at every occasion from now on.

Spacemum: "If we avoid detection, this will be easier!"

Bratty Op: "YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO AN WHAT NOT! YOU ARE NOT MY REAL MOM! CHAAAAAARGE!" :salute:

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Nah, you can have that thing for freez.

But one day in the future, I will approach you and say: "Remember the mod I gave you? Now I need something from you..." :obviously:

Edit:
Also, since that quest I imagine my brat to backtalk at spacemum at every occasion from now on.

Spacemum: "If we avoid detection, this will be easier!"

Bratty Op: "YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO AN WHAT NOT! YOU ARE NOT MY REAL MOM! CHAAAAAARGE!" :salute:
I sent you a friend request because apparently I don't have you on The List[tm], assuming you're Bliblablubb in-game too, I'm Very_Melon.

"You're not my real mom!"

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Riven mods are quite a cash grab on DE's part, and it seems the "Warframe community" is going to let them get away with it.

I noticed something about the Riven emblem, by the way:

58a427dd7b.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Gerrard said:
assuming you're Bliblablubb in-game too, I'm Very_Melon.
That was my first acc but I ditched it without playing, because I forgot to add Aarne's referral or smth. So I went with a new one upholding the legacy of Neverwinter's potatogirl (A name that was already taken in GW2. Curse you whoever you are!). Gonna send you a request when I get home.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Normally I'd never play for that long either, but right now there's a bug: after the first time you or one of your weapons get corrupted, additional corruptions never expire. Also, if the same thing gets corrupted twice, three times, etc. in a row, the corruption stacks. If you have like 3-4 stacks of corruption and something different gets corrupted, you'll lose one of your "stacks."

So we were getting crazy shit like my Avalanche having a range of 264m, dealing 44,000 damage +16,000 explosion damage, and stripping 1,128% armor, in addition to Rhino's Roar buffing damage by 4-8x, while Ember's WoF hit for up to 5.5k and Accelerant multiplied fire damage by up to 12x, with a range that reached the edges of the map in both cases.

Also, one guy's Zhuge got corrupted a few times and it was shooting so quickly and with so much flight speed that it looked like some lightspeed alien particle accelerator cannon blasting out hundreds of particles per second.

In other words, they were two fun and interesting hours, pretty rare these days.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Reminds me of the days when my Failkyr liked to bug out and gave me a permanent semi-RAEG in missions. Invulnerability but only normal speed low damage claw attacks. Could have just activated air support for hours without ever killing anything... but I wasn't edgy enough to go all the way. Still good times.

By the way: what consequences do your choices in TWW have? I noticed the medal displaying my weaksauce pacifist symbol is now prominently featured in the profile screen. Is it more than just a badge of shame?

i wish skills outdamaged weapons. not ember's tho, because it's powerful enough already even as crowd control.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think there's an overall decent balance with skills vs weapons on a more fundamental level right now, since skills are really about their utility factor rather than their direct dps effect. And now there's several skills that actually do keep up with weapons when it comes to damage, thanks to being linked to weapon mods (notable example being Atlas' 1st power). I think it's a nice approach in that it encourages frame design to be tactical rather than direct fire.

EDIT: That is not to say that balance between skills is anywhere close to being achieved, given how strong ZA WARUDO type effects can be.

but what about volt's or ember's 1s? they're just useless. anyway, my point was that skills are limited by energy while ammo is more abundant than hydrogen.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Volt's 1 actually has a decent stun chain function, like a mini-4. Not to mention Volt Prime has such a gigantic pile of energy that nothing short of actively trying to run out of it or getting hit by magnetic proc causes immediate problems that Rage or your mountain of energy pies will solve afterwards.

But yea, I agree more powers that deal primarily damage should be affected by some weapon mods.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I would really like it if the abilities would be major dependable damage dealer in the game. Right now most of the frame abilities are gimmicky at best, especially if you are to level a frame "as intended". Heck, I can't even remember most of the abilities of the frames I leveled, since you ended up just using your gun and cursing your lack of self-heals. What did Titania even do? I only remember using butterfly mode for getting faster around the map, since the guns were laughable compared to the pimped normal ones you have.
Aside from Amber and Ash, I don't think any frame could really live off his abilities alone, energy consumption aside. At least I remember Nova being a yuge letdown in solo mode. Valkyr.. maybe. Even tho she was beaten with a nerfbat. :argh:
How is Frosty doing in that department? Nyx can live off charming a Bombard, but just shooting them would be quicker.

Nobody really plays Zephyr, Lolberon, Ivanka, Neeshka or the Monkeyking. Even Aarne as the last Wuchong fanboi ditched him in favor of Volt Prime.

Yes I know, PvP balance, different roles for group play etc.... was just a though.

i like zephyr and oberon. the former can shrug A LOT of damage away and jump out of trouble in a pinch while the latter is sheer larping satisfaction with its slamming the shit out of everyone's faces.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Nova and Saryn are two frames that can rack up loads of damage and kills almost entirely independent of weapons or weapon stats. I can routinely out-damage and out-kill other MR22+ friendos by a wide margin with Spore spam, nicely timed Molt/Miasmas, and a bit of help from Hikou Prime or Pox. Nova pretty much requires a strong Tigris to quickly charge Antimatter Drop, though.

Almost forgot Equinox, since I rarely use her. She can deal loads of burst damage solely through use of her powers, although there again, she should be shooting things in the meantime.

Most other "DPS" frames rely mostly or entirely on their weapons to deal that damage, such as Mirage and Chroma. Ivara, Mesa, Titania, Valkyr, Atlas, and Excalibur deal high damage with their abilities, but these depend in large part on their weapon stats.

Gerrard

Arcane
Lack of ability cooldowns was a mistake.
Lack of regenerating energy was a mistake.

When you think about it seriously, it's amazing how popular Warframe became with all the awful design decisions it has.

What did Titania even do? I only remember using butterfly mode for getting faster around the map, since the guns were laughable compared to the pimped normal ones you have.
You know the guns use the mods you have on your primary weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom