Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I dunno about the Carrier suggestion there, I'd say the increased ammo max is better than double range for Vacuum.

why? i've almost never ran out of ammo. it happens only with some extreme-rof weapons but except for the amprex they all suck.

Gerrard

Arcane
It would be useful alternative for ammo mutation mod freeing up one slot on the weapon.

Of course the problem of ammo-hungry weapons could be fixed by making ammo drops restore amount proportional to the ammo total of the weapon, thus also fixing the problems of weapons like Kohm or twin Grakatas which use amounts of ammo that are greatly disproportionate to the typical weapon of that category, which is just another fuckup of DE.
But that would be a smart thing to do.

Vaarna_Aarne

why? i've almost never ran out of ammo. it happens only with some extreme-rof weapons but except for the amprex they all suck.
Some weapons are the sort that need Ammo Mutation and Vacuum, like Azima if you make full use of its secondary firing mode (which is actually pretty good when maxed). Soma Prime is also an example of an ammo hog, but it doesn't need Mutation.

and those weapons are pretty useless in sorties, where i found a lot of mobs are outright immune to critical hits.
grab a tigris and live happy.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea I wouldn't bring an Azima into a sortie, the utility capabilities of Sonicor, Staticor, and S Gammacor are too important compared to just another bullet hose. As for Soma Prime though, I've found it extremely useful in sorties because of the high accuracy and massive clip, though I tend to only use guns against bosses that are running or jumping away like assholes in Sorties (or have to be aimed at a specific spot that may be out of reach). I have to kill fast, and bullets too slow.

i swear, it happened fairly often, at least one or two months ago, when i stopped bringing crits weapons because all i ever saw while using them were low, white numbers.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Out of boredom picked this game reluctantly, and i am glad that i did.
I find it to be an excelent stress relief after work.
People complain and say the game is grindy, lol it's not. If you think it is you never played Diablo 2 for long.

Everything i want i am getting with not much effort. Everytime i lack a rare resource i think to myself, oh so this is the grind everyone was talking about only to find out it falls from the sky in the next planet.

It's all about entitlement. People want that rare uber item they saw on the wiki page. They must have it and they want it NOW!
Imagine these guys farming for a Imortal King Set back on D2?
That was grindy. Trying to get a +9 Katar with 3 Skeleton Soldiers in Ragnarok, that was grindy!

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It only gets really grindy when you want to build Chroma and realize you now have to go trough Rathuum over and over to face Kela for a minor chance for Saryn Systems to drop. Repeat until insane.

Yeah.... fuck Chroma.

Otherwise it's not that grindy, even tho Argon crystals (the only resource you need get when you need it because it decays) don't seem to like me. You can max a frame/weapon these days with 3 or so rounds of Hieracon and get some cryotic + relics in the process.
Requires a little bit more effort than ye olde Draco, which is actually not a bad thing...

Vaarna_Aarne

Or if you're an antisocial misanthrope like me you can just solo a high end Survival (ie, at a Dark Sector with appropriate XP bonus type) until you had your fill.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you can do the sorties already then just doing them every day is the best source of money (unless they reduced it).

Meanwhile, trying to farm Kavat genetic codes and I'm like
:dead:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
While I haven't tried it actually, Trinner's Well of Life should work as well. Nobody ever uses this ability, even I forgot about it while hunting for pussy, but IIRC it locks the target in place for some time. And it's cheap to cast.

eklektyk

Erudite
grinding is not a problem [ hardcore uo farmer/tree feller :) ]

bullshit and wtf moments de pulls each time they open their mouths is :)

they "improved" space flying so much that it was literally unplayable and now they/re "improving" vacuum by tripppling its mod slot usage and upgrade costs to even use it ... :slowclap: :salute: they are simply amazing in providing entertainment outside game you really want to play but cant be arsed...

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't have it. Also it doesn't give you the chance to get double result from the scanner upgrade according to the wiki (which is slow as shit recently, seriously who the fuck manages it and why is there so much dynamic shit on it).

I just use Loki and kill everything around first on exterminate, it's not that they are a pain to scan, it's that the chance of getting the code is bullshit.

still i'd prefer smashing the little cunts' faces with a hammer. even if you don't get the loot at least you enjoyed some retribution.

Vaarna_Aarne

Neat, though I suppose its a bit of a letdown that cats and dogs don't get it too. Though cats and dogs are wayyyyyy above Sentinels in many other ways, so I suppose it balances out.

Vaarna_Aarne

Kitty shits rare mats so much that I now have more rare mats than I know what to do with.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom