Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

at first i hated titania, it has barely any crowd control, no extra damage, useless ultimate, not enough energy... but then i discovered how, with endless energy, it can be still useless in any decent level mission but a lot of fun with low level stuff, pushing and bouncing enemies in corridors.
it's still crap, but at least i don't hate it anymore.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
They need to make her CC abilities not be shit that behaves bizzarely, otherwise I can't be bothered.

With the proper shotgun/rifle mods and high (~200% or more) Power Strength, Titania's Dex Pixia can dish out enormous amounts of damage; and between Razorwing's -50% enemy accuracy bonus and Dust's +50% dodge bonus, Titania can be relatively tanky (enough to facetank enemies solo in Tikoloshe for a while, which not all frames can do comfortably) while also granting some buffs to teammates and dishing out a lot of damage.

Thing is, Mesa accomplishes the goal of dishing out tons of ranged damage with her ultimate far better than Titania ever could, or just about any other Warframe for that matter.

Atlas went from a gimmick frame to a great frame, though (actually he's still a bit of a gimmick frame, but Landslide is incredibly strong and Rumblers are pretty decent), so hopefully Titania can do the same. Of course, his CC is still garbage, though they released a Band-Aid augment recently.

Gerrard

Arcane
Is there any info on when the syndicate melee weapons are going to be released?

Also playing Zephyr on low gravity is a fucking pain in the ass holy shit, i hope they will rework her at some point (not to mention that low weight = low gravity makes no fucking sense, but that's DE).

Gerrard

Arcane
I did, but it's still super annoying. Can't use melee ground slam because if you do you end up stuck floating in place for 5 seconds.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Zephyr's one of my favorite frames, concept- and looks-wise. Her 3 is quite powerful when paired with bows, the Lanka, Tonkor, Sonicor, and other weapons that benefit greatly from increased flight speed. She may be a one-trick pony with scant side benefits (a couple of energy-intensive mobility abilities and so-so CC that tends to annoy teammates), but that one trick offers near-immunity from most damage sources (with much higher base health and shields than Mesa has with Shatter Shield), movement speed that's shared with teammates, and weapon flight speed that's also shared with teammates.

Jet Stream is pretty much required. For a fun time, try Divebomb Vortex with maxed range, constantly ragdolling enemies in a wide area.

I agree she needs an overhaul, but she's far more viable and usable than a number of other frames I can think of. I breeze through sorties with her all the time.

Gerrard

Arcane
Primed Slip Magazine

K3CURHU.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well its better than my prediction of the absolute most worthless Primed mod possible: Primed Intruder.

hello friend

Arcane
Started playing this game fairly recently. Planned my whole build around Body Count, Blood Rush, and Weeping Wounds. Upgraded mods and weapon accordingly. Then I saw that these are all event mods. Urk. Time to grind primes, I guess.

This game is very grindy.

Why am I still playing.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Started playing this game fairly recently. Planned my whole build around Body Count, Blood Rush, and Weeping Wounds. Upgraded mods and weapon accordingly. Then I saw that these are all event mods. Urk. Time to grind primes, I guess.

Why am I still playing.

Body Count and Blood Rush should be cheap right now, since the event bosses came back a few weekends ago. If not, I have some spares you can have. Weeping Wounds used to be 5p, but is now 15-20p after word got around that it's good for Galatine Prime.

As far as event mods go, DE brings them back via Baro on a regular basis, which I strongly approve of. The physical 120% mods used to be retardedly expensive, but within the last few months Baro has brought all twelve back.

The game is very grindy though, yes. As for why, probably because it's the only widely-played online shooty thing with any meat on its bones. There's Planetside 2, but that game is strictly PvP and it's also pay-to-win, which I cannot abide.

Why am I still playing.
because the game is fun.
simple as that.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

Why am I still playing.
because the game is fun.
simple as that.
Mild autism also helps.

hello friend

Arcane
Body Count and Blood Rush should be cheap right now, since the event bosses came back a few weekends ago. If not, I have some spares you can have. Weeping Wounds used to be 5p, but is now 15-20p after word got around that it's good for Galatine Prime.

As far as event mods go, DE brings them back via Baro on a regular basis, which I strongly approve of. The physical 120% mods used to be retardedly expensive, but within the last few months Baro has brought all twelve back.
That's very generous of you, but unless you've got a good surplus prolly best to hold on to them. From what I can tell (not exactly sure how to get a good figure) the price is beyond what I could get for the Prime blueprints/parts I currently have. I spent my starter plat on day 1 to unlock get more frame slots. If you do have enough overstock though, I'd be happy to accept some. You can have whatever Prime stuff I've got as thanks.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The only thing I still need in this game are more Arcanes, and I already have a bunch. The trick will be getting me online now that I'm burned out; should probably add you on Steam. I'm in the RPG Codex Steam group. My Steam ID64 is: 76561197989866836

Fun tactic (not new, but haven't discussed it on the Codex): Chroma with 6-8 Forma (depends on the exact build you want), stack of Grace, stack of Barrier (or Avenger for crit instead of shields), and maxed Traumatic Redirection in the Naramon tree is nigh-invincible in most scenarios. Traumatic Redirection deals lots of small health damage very quickly, which immediately builds up Fury and keeps Grace/Barrier/Avenger constantly up.

The best part about Chroma is that the 500%+ weapon damage from Fury renders a lot of mediocre weapons with interesting mechanics much more viable to use.

hello friend

Arcane
Invite sent.

Clan research seems very easy to game. I assume clan tech isn't reset when a clan is upgraded to a higher tier. A Ghost clan would presumably be able to max out clan tech faster and much, much cheaper than a high-tier clan - just rotate members in and out when someone has acquired a goodly amount of components, host the unofficial real clan on ventrilo or smth. Then, when all tech is done, start upgrading clan tier to expand member capacity. For all I know, this is already common practice.

eklektyk

Erudite
as far as i know you cant get clan upgrade items to drop unles youre in a clan and target is set for that items ...so no stockpiling them is posible in that manner

still burnt out on warframe ... and new job dont wanna help me to come back :sigh: ......

Gerrard

Arcane
Universal Vacuum
This overview is guaranteed free of vacuum puns. Those who watched the Devstream were not so lucky. Why all the Dyson jokes? We’re adding Universal Vacuum, of course.
About fucking time.

What we're playing with right now is this idea: Vacuum will be transformed into 3 new mods that can be used by any sentinel, with 3 different types of Vacuum:

• Health and Energy
  • Credits and Ammo
  • Mods, Endo, and Resources/Miscellaneous
Carrier and Carrier Prime will now be given a new precept, which buffs your Ammo Capacity (increasing with the precept level). Unused ammo types will be converted into the ammo of the currently equipped weapon over a small period of time.
:deathclaw:
Except of course they have to fuck it up in typical DE fashion.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea they should have added three alternative types of Vacuum just so people can customize their hoovering sentinels suckage if they are so inclined.

well, vacuum for all is an improvement, more than ever now that we have sculptures and stuff which are hard to spot and have to be picked up manually, but why the three separated mods? mods space is tight already, i won't waste a slot for a weak, circumstantial and limited vacuum effect. it's not a quality of life improvement, it's making it actually worse.
give everybody standard vacuum effect and give carrier twice the range. that'd be a quality of life improvement. like this, it doesn't make any sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom