Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
There are more issues with the Nekros re-nerf than efficiency, believe me. In actuality, it's a massive nerf.

With the new toggle Desecrate, a body that fails the Desecrate roll simply disappears. Previously, bodies that failed the Desecrate roll remained, allowing you to try a second time, a third, etc. Thus, the practical drop rate for bonus items and health has been severely reduced. Also, the new Desecrate comes on slowly, meaning you have to move relatively slowly unless using a near-max Range build.

The new Shadows of the Dead have the same AI as the old ones, meaning they'll often sit in cover and refuse to follow you throughout the level; before, you could just recast them later, but now, when they're refreshed, they won't teleport to your location unless you're within 50 meters (or if some have been killed).

Also, if you want to run any competent build that isn't pure Desecrate, Nekros now requires all four bonus Power stats to be most effective.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
ac590d2164.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Negro:
I never bothered with Negro much, so I can only speak from observing others. And those I saw were only sitting on their asses waiting for enemies to come to them, so "moving slowly" wouldn't be an issue to them.
If he doesn't need a LoS for the toggle desecrate, he could even hide behind cover eating pies, so the extra enemy fire from bringing a speed Nova shouldn't be a big deal either. So as long as he produces enough life support drops, the only useful XP farming left should still be... decent.
I assume your claim that corpses only have one chance to roll for loot comes from experience, since patch notes don't mention it. But come on, it was freaking OP the old way and most likely a programming error, or would have been eating too much processing power if properly tracked. I highly doubt corpses cut in two pieces having two loot rolls was working as intended...

On paper he still seems like a good farming machine, if we manage get over our hurt vanity. Even I survived not being able to have eternal RAEG with the catframe anymore. After a while.

Armor:
Playing Trinners with perma-link spoiled me a lot, being able to facetank Kela's missiles during a shortie let's you forget what a fragile thing a frame usually is. And it comes back to bite me in the ass once I play one of my other porcelain frames. Like Nova. :argh:
Even with Valkrear you need to hammer 4 like a madman when you get hit, hoping you raaaage before a second hit connects.
Most frames are just not made for getting hit, regardless of their HP/armor, even with reg mold Saryn should stay out of the fire. Medi-Ray might help on lower level solos, but during missions lke shorties, frames tend to pop faster than I can press 4 to kiss the pain away.
I am not directly looking at you Sloppy, but dayum is Loki a lightweight. :P

no one uses Nyx
:cry:
Now I know how Aarne feels with his MopstickMonkey...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Because I couldn't be assed to run Grineer invasions until my brains melted, I instead just bought those summon tokens for G3 from Baro. Needed frigging eight of them.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
That entire Brakk dropped during a random mission when the G3 decided to show up. We already had ours.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm still glad I just got summon tokens for the things from Baro, much less analpain than hoping for the asswipes to spawn and then drop the parts. Expensive, sure, but not like I had much else to get that was as hard to get.

EDIT: Well, Nekros Prime is coming next week, and in addition to that we'll get the second Gunblade with Titania update (and it actually looks quite nice, unlike Redeemer). Also silly looking Infested shurikens and new clothes for the Operator.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Due to popular demand, we’ve added symbols to your arsenal that indicate whether you have mastered an item (and how many times you’ve Forma’d it.)
Nice, that only took however long it is since the game launched.

Gerrard

Arcane
Patch notes said:
Added a waypoint marker for Cephalon Fragments.
KPgN40G.jpg

:hero:

By the way same exact thing happened when they said they added markers for the syndicate medallions.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Plants plucking was a pain, but dat last mission... fucking surprise "defend the low hitpoint shrine against 1 million napalms falling from the sky". Failed it 2 times, a few unlucky spawns and the shrine is gone in less than 20 secs. :argh:

Learn from my mistakes and bring Frost. At least the missile barrage from 1 km away will be blocked then...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
If the mission SAID it was defense I would have done so. The first time I failed I didn't even know what happened. Wasn't until the 2nd try I noticed it had suddenly become a "1:30 min pod defense mission". :argh:

new prime stuff with the new keys system.
i should farm missions for a chance to farm new relics in a chance to farm new parts.

how about no?

Gerrard

Arcane
Joined a game with a group of 3 guys who all had the same radiant relic.

hd98VpP.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

It's kool, because I got both Nekros Prime BP and Galatine Prime BP on the first try and also consecutively. Two runs for two new rare Prime parts isn't half-bad. I think I also got either Nekros Prime Systems or Tigris Prime BP on the first try (that 8x Burston run wasn't for me, already had mine), but it's been some time and I can't quite remember.

Seems this is my lucky week.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I'm in major burnout mode again. Tigris Prime sat around for a couple of days before I bothered leveling it, and Nerfros Prime is still at rank 20.

That being said, the new Tennogen stuff is great.

4933ad2751.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Heh, just did the Darvo Defense mission.

First thought: "Dayum, I forgot to switch to pugging."
Second thought: "Daaayum, it's the stupid wandering operative version."
Third thought: "Daaaaaaayum, so many hyenas."

Then I realized that Darvo counts as a team mate and is affected by bless. Walk in the park. :obviously:

Can we get that for shorites as well please?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom