Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

i see only name calling. i see no arguments or numbers. i brought arguments and numbers.

Alfons

Prophet
i see only name calling. i see no arguments or numbers. i brought arguments and numbers.
Not really name calling when it's true. Look at this line:
i don't farm, i almost only do some random special missions, the 6 dailies of the syndicates (and not always) and maybe a defense or two, because i'm lazy as fuck and hate repetitive stuff as much.
You hate the repetitive stuff so you only do some of the repetitive stuff that offers greater rewards. That's a sign of a good game right there, one that you have to force yourself to play, but you still vehemently defend it.

The numbers you provided don't mean much to me since you didn't say how much time it took you to get all that shit. I can post a youtube vid of decked out clans farming shit on defense missions too and tell you that it's not a problem, but it would be bullshit since I'm not saying how much cash they invested or how much time they spent to get there. Try running defense pubs and see how far you'll get. Give me another 100 hours and I'll probably be in a better position than I'm in now but who the fuck wants to do that?

I already have a maxed frame. Now I need to spend time trading, grinding, or buying mods to make it actually good. And guess what, if you are unwilling to spend money you need to trade, in order to trade you need shit people want which means you have to grind. It's the F2P loop and it's always the same. Do you prefer to spend your cash on the free game or do you prefer to spend time doing boring shit in the free game. For me, both options are equally unappealing so I choose to do neither. Maybe I'll pick up the equivalent of the tribes ascend GOTY edition if it ever comes out.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
The 6 Syndicate dailies are randomized, which is the opposite of repeating the same stuff. They also offer something new: The insignias, which reward the player for careful exploration rather than mindless repetition. This is also seen in Void Sabotage missions, as well as Derelict Vault runs.

But I will not lie. Warframe is exclusively about farming and grinding. If you don't like farming and grinding, don't play Warframe. It's like Diablo or Borderlands. Yeah, there's story, yeah there's new aesthethics and cool design, but the core is still the same: Repeating co-op content to get a stronger item, that will let you grind for a stronger one.

What attracted me in Warframe personally is the interesting lore and awesome aesthethics. But, like everything else in regards to games, it's down to a matter of taste. I like being a cute girl wearing a tight alien bodysuit, killing masses of soldiers with a flick of a button. I love wallrunning, dashing mid-air and aiming with my decked-out sniper, headshotting a special unit across the room. I love getting a gun and working on it for days, perhaps weeks until it reaches it's maximum potential, so that I can test it at the hardest missions possible and still be effective. Not to mention the sweet Spy missions that let me sneak around, hunting like a sci-fi predator, carefully aiming with her alien bow, an energy arrow ready to fire.

I like it, you don't. I play it, you don't.

Edit: MadMaxHellfire have you done the Natah quest yet? It gave me fucking goosebumps.

Alfons

Prophet
Everything in moderation. I hate grinding but I can deal with it if the result is worth it. I like the shit you can do in the game but the amount of time it takes to get there isn't worth it.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Sorry to hear that. I enjoy the grind, but I take breaks from time to time. Sometimes it really takes you forever to get that specific mod you wanted...

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Everything in moderation. I hate grinding but I can deal with it if the result is worth it. I like the shit you can do in the game but the amount of time it takes to get there isn't worth it.

This game's "grind" is better than every other game's grind. The shooting and melee are very engaging. The gameplay is almost "sandboxy" as you can try doing different interesting things to spice things up.

Example: now that they have this new parkour system, you can literally complete a whole exterminate mission by killing enemies while flying in the air.

Better than any other grindy game I've ever played. Certainly miles better than Diablo and Borderlands' grind.

The numbers you provided don't mean much to me since you didn't say how much time it took you to get all that shit. I can post a youtube vid of decked out clans farming shit on defense missions too and tell you that it's not a problem, but it would be bullshit since I'm not saying how much cash they invested or how much time they spent to get there. Try running defense pubs and see how far you'll get. Give me another 100 hours and I'll probably be in a better position than I'm in now but who the fuck wants to do that?

but of course it's me who didn't say much.

once you understand that bosses and 4-people-team defense missions drop the most, you pick the one with the resource you need (no secret knowledge, it's all clearly written) and do it once or twice. that's it. example: some weapons require 2-3 neurodes to be built, and those are one of the rare resources. i just earned 3 from a single mission. i've been lucky, usually only 2 drop.
about grind: 99% of the blueprints require credits (they're constantly showered everywhere, there's shortage only if you're crafting 4-5 items at once while buying synthesizers while paying for two syndicates at once. so only if you're a masochist), some common resources (which are, by definition, common) and 1 or 2 of the same rare resource.
now, if you're very very unlucky and do a single round of defense/survival (which amounts to about 5 minutes), you get one. some days ago i've been caught in an insane 40 minutes survival mission, monsters came from the fucking walls. i got enough rare resource to build 4 of the most expensive/insane equipment and enough of the rest to build everything else. everything. else.
i'm a low-mid level player (rank 9 out of 30)

i guess you didn't read anything i said at all. or probably you didn't understand.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
During the 2x dropchance/dropamount event, I bought resource drop boosters and farmed all rare stuff.

UkVB2Mq.jpg

42 Orokin cells in about twenty minutes. Did it a few times and I'll never need them again in my Warframe life.

this is bullshit. while looking for saryn prime parts i discovered that nikana prime makes the dragon nikana obsolete =_= not only it has better crit chance but also does more damage.

i'm out of keys, Vaarna_Aarne Bliblablubb eklektyk i need a team for t3/4 exterminate and t3 survival.
i'd also like to find a carrier carapace and nikana parts ( =_= ) but those can wait.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This is probably not a good time to mention that Nikana Prime also has a higher attack speed than Dragon Nikana, and that I gave Wild Slop the goods for one.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, Dragon Nikana and Nikana Prime are both such high-grade weapons that the difference is that difference with using either with the same maxed build is largely a question of enemies being really fucking dead and being really fucking deader.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
this is bullshit. while looking for saryn prime parts i discovered that nikana prime makes the dragon nikana obsolete =_= not only it has better crit chance but also does more damage.
And it has no MR requirement lololol
Fucking DE.

It looks like ass though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Actually I think it requires Rank 4 like the regular Nikana.

As for its looks, I'd say that it has both pros and cons. The sheath is gorgeous and the ikari-kissaki tip blade's Damascus steel pattern is really good to look at. But on the other hand, the ring ornament pommel doesn't look as good as the prior Nikana pommels and the round handle isn't nice as the wrapped handle of the Dragon Nikana. Dragon Nikana's sheath also has that neat syandana on it. I'd probably swap it for the Conclave Nikana skin if I could be assed to torture myself enough to get it, or wait for Halloween and cave in for the DoD skin.

Bliblablubb

Arcane

i'm out of keys, Vaarna_Aarne Bliblablubb eklektyk i need a team for t3/4 exterminate and t3 survival.
i'd also like to find a carrier carapace and nikana parts ( =_= ) but those can wait.
I managed to stay away from this mudcrab game, can't help you there bro.

Vaarna_Aarne

Come on, you know you want to be a space ninja in a future world of 80's anime and French science fiction comics.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
But.... I would be late for the partee. Years of grinding behind and stuff. No, must... resist... gonna download it once I am home. Just a short look so I can say it's banal boring shit. FOR SCIENCE!

Vaarna_Aarne

Fear not, the grind in grindframe to catch up to proper speed takes very little time. Sloppy started last week and he's getting up to speed well. What matters is knowing the proper methods and order of importance for goals.

This is probably not a good time to mention that Nikana Prime also has a higher attack speed than Dragon Nikana, and that I gave Wild Slop the goods for one.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, Dragon Nikana and Nikana Prime are both such high-grade weapons that the difference is that difference with using either with the same maxed build is largely a question of enemies being really fucking dead and being really fucking deader.
i don't know, in sorties even small numbers make a big difference and judging by the wiki the differences between them don't look so small.
not that i use the dragon nikana anymore, since i suddenly and unexpectedly found out redeemer has been somehow hugely buffed. while it was an extremely underwhelming weapon before, now i frequently oneshot trash mobs in sortie 3, something not even a bladestorming ash is sure to do.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Kind of funny when the strongest melee weapon is a gun.

Try it out with a stealth frame or a sleep Equinox. Have fun oneshotting whatever you want.

Vaarna_Aarne

That's mostly because of the Redeemer's shot counting as a silent melee attack, which is probably some sort of fuck-up given how loud its BANG is.

i gave up on the equinox. i need only one piece and it's not dropping. i hate grinding, so no equinox for me.

guys, have your clans unlocked every research? mine is stuck, because it was a 300 members clan with now 10 active players, our founder yesterday downgraded to 100 but he had been asked to do it 3 or 4 MONTHS ago, and the downgrade doesn't effect already started researches.
so, any spot left for me?

Vaarna_Aarne

The gang I hang out with is going to stay as a Ghost Clan forever (precisely in order to make sure everything any of us wants is always researched immediately), and I'm not currently up to speed on who's dead right now. The free spot went to Wild Slop recently, though I suppose arranging a Codex rotation program is simple with just one slot if Wild Slop agrees to it.

Last edited:
nah, never mind, i don't want to make anyone unconfortable and also i'm more of a sedentary type.
recruiting channel is full of offers ;)

eklektyk

Erudite
well i started in january and got to mr15 recently

i can admit im shit at valkyr and somewhat competent on rhino plus i farm ducat fodder wth ember and her stunlock cc 4th

i can do some void stuff if others carry :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom