Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It also avoids the MMO pitfall where "welp, gotta start all over again" when it comes to farming newer things. Not to mention the actual process of farming something is in itself like a soothing massage with happy ending compared to the kind of vertical mountain of shit you'd have to do in, say, Neverwinter to fully upgrade an artifact weapon.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
^Yeah, see that elegant white syandana that looks better than 95% of the official standard syandanas?

Tennocon attendees only, and in person (unless you bought a VIP ticket; then you could have wheedled one remotely). Are you Romanian and can't possibly afford the time and money to fly to Canada for a couple days? Well, FUCK YOU, pal.

I'm a little bit jelly, but fortunately the TennoGen syandanas exist and they're also 10x better than the default DE stuff.

Vaarna_Aarne

^Yeah, see that elegant white syandana that looks better than 95% of the official standard syandanas?

Tennocon attendees only, and in person (unless you bought a VIP ticket; then you could have wheedled one remotely). Are you Romanian and can't possibly afford the time and money to fly to Canada for a couple days? Well, FUCK YOU, pal.

I'm a little bit jelly, but fortunately the TennoGen syandanas exist and they're also 10x better than the default DE stuff.
Acquisition shenanigans aside, I'd still say that it falls hugely short when compared to the very best-looking syandanas available, which are the two Tennogen cash-only syandanas made by MasterNoob.

EDIT: Just noticed the syandana clips into the Nyx's thigh at 1:01 mark of the trailer.

Gerrard

Arcane
They are also 10 times more expensive and require paying real money.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I don't need insider info to know that the rarest parts from the newest Primes will be available only from all-new Relics we'll have to farm up from scratch once the next Prime Access begins, but I do happen know a guy who plays who's friends with DE Glen, and he too seems confident that'll be the case.

It's easier for DE to manipulate overall "farming speed" if they know exactly how many keys and which types players can get per hour, and how many parts and which types can be gotten from those keys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4u0dmb/relics_20_direct_wordbreaking_by_de_based_on_what/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/677658-relics-20-direct-wordbreaking-by-de/?page=1

Told you. :smug:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
DE has also stolen my ideas about how to improve fissures, that is, have them interact with enemies dynamically throughout the level so that you aren't standing around a static spawn point.

People like this system a lot more, unsurprisingly. Maybe if they put me in charge rather than some retarded Canadian hipsters, they can win back some of the players they've lost this year.

i find it even more annoying, because you have to keep hearing and staring at the radar the whole time, because the other three retards will never check the floor for the parts you have to gather.
it constantly breaks the flow of the mission.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
It's not that bad. The pickups don't show up on the minimap anyway, and they're frequent enough that I've never seen a need to mark them.

Vaarna_Aarne

And they've got that big glowing golden light pillar like rare mods do, and the ball itself is large enough to see pretty well.

Vaarna_Aarne

It is very handy to focus on that when you see them, there's no reason to waste time "farming XP" from the golden glory hole when you could instead do something more productive.

Vaarna_Aarne

I seem to have mangled the first sentence, which was supposed to say that it's IMO much more efficient to focus first on picking up and delivering any reactants you see near you than killing bozos coming through the rift.

and what i meant is that people don't understand what goes on, they just run through the map and sometimes shoot at something. i tried not picking anything up: on the more linear missions we reached the end with 4-5 looted thingies tops, because sometimes they walked on them by mistake.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The Dark Lord of Warframe:

GNM8CcR.jpg

i'm going to hit 1000 hours played tonight (half of those are spent afk, but this is another story), let's celebrate by sending me 100 plats each! i'll throw an awesome party with that money, i even launched a kickstart. trust me, it's going to be epic.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Well, I finally hit MR22. I'm Forma'ing the Latron Wraith and here's Banshee Wraith to match.

754f86d7dd.png

Gerrard

Arcane
i'm going to hit 1000 hours played tonight (half of those are spent afk, but this is another story), let's celebrate by sending me 100 plats each! i'll throw an awesome party with that money, i even launched a kickstart. trust me, it's going to be epic.
Steam time or in-game? The in-game one only counts time in missions.
In Steam time I have 2400.:negative:
Probably half of that AFK.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom