Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I hate the "raids" in this game. You essentially stand on various buttons, spam max-range CC, and do a lot of hacking mini-games, which is retarded.

However, it's the only realistic way to get Ash, Brakk, and Arcanes.

that's just one of the raids, others can be much more complicated.

meanwhile i finished saryn, built trinity and now i'm supposed to work toward the vauban prime but solo caches hunting is boooooring =_=

who has a spare carrier carapace?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
There are only two raids, and I did Jordas Verdict (AKA spaceketball) the day it came out, or tried to and failed since it was bugged. It's essentially an advanced version of button-sitting and there are indeed space buttons in it.

I have one carapace, but it's part of a set. Carapace is one of the easy parts anyway (cerebrum is the McDonald's Monopoly winning part), might want to spam out some T4D.

Thanks for asking though, I logged in to check and found a Nitain alert. I keep Warframe Trackers up but I'm not setting any damn alarms. :salute:

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Even Zanurik's primary ability suffers from this, because if you max it out, you have to wait 10 additional seconds when kicking in your energy passives for the first time. If DE wants more grinding, they should reduce the cooldown penalty for each active Focus ability to, say, -20 seconds.
Nah you can just click the power activation button again to cancel the power and just get the passives. I tend to do that 99% of the time.

But yea, the main problem with the Focus powers is that only the permanent passives are important (and after them, the cooldown reduction), the actual additional properties are nowhere near worth enough the high cooldown increase or even just the base cooldown (I would figure even on-paper good ones like Zenurik's Umbral Lance ends up being just mild amusement). By this point I'll eventually max out all of Madurai solely because I have nothing better to do with all those Focus points and to me the side effect of the damage increase slashing passive automatically makes it teh bestest focus.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Nah you can just click the power activation button again to cancel the power and just get the passives. I tend to do that 99% of the time.

Oh, really? I was wondering if there was a way, fuck me for not thinking to try something so simple.

You can use the Operator as an emergency "press 5 not to die for X seconds" button, though, so in that if nothing else, increasing the active time is at least somewhat useful.

But yea, the main problem with the Focus powers is that only the permanent passives are important (and after them, the cooldown reduction), the actual additional properties are nowhere near worth enough the high cooldown increase or even just the base cooldown (I would figure even on-paper good ones like Zenurik's Umbral Lance ends up being just mild amusement). By this point I'll eventually max out all of Madurai solely because I have nothing better to do with all those Focus points and to me the side effect of the damage increase slashing passive automatically makes it teh bestest focus.

Yeah, none of it's worth waiting longer to get the good passives.

Also, Operator projections are affected by nullifiers. Fuck's sake, it's a spiritual projection, get your fucking shit together DE and learn to program.

Vaarna_Aarne

The projection is now removed by Nullifier fields? Previously my experience was that the Madurai beam just did nothing hitting a nullifier field or being fired inside it, but starting last week it somehow started kicking the shit out of nullifier fields.

Anyway, yea, the Focus power can be handy as a temporary breather, since among other things it still regenerates shields and potentially energy (if you have Energy Siphon and maybe with activated Zenurik passive too) while active.

One thing DE actually didn't screw up with as much as I first expected was how the Madurai passives worked. It's not +XX% to type of damage, it's BONUS DAMAGE that's valued at XX% of your total damage (before passives, obv). Sure it makes it a bit harder to consistently hit your favourite proc, but it sure makes you hit like a mack truck when maxed and hitting against red health bars or with stacked CP.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Vaarna_Aarne

Nullifiers firstly block the effects of CC Operator projections (although I'm sure damage projections ablate the bubble), but if you move your projection into the bubble itself (or vice versa), all of your frame's buffs will be killed off.

This seems ludicrous to me, since presumably it's a spiritual projection and nullifiers are technological. The mechanical reason for it is obvious: The projection is still the "avatar" of your character, which is why sentinels still follow it, and incidentally also ruin the visual effect by clipping into the Operator model's head and shoulders.

Vaarna_Aarne

Buffs as in any active power effects and whatnot? As far as I've managed to tell, Nullifiers don't affect the Focus passives, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if it's entirely correct to call the Operator projection a spiritual thing or the like. I've interpreted it as being some manner of brief direct Void energy channeling through Transference link instead of connecting to the Warframe, which is then altered through some manner of Tenno technique. The Nullifier field disrupts technological application of Void energy, which using the Somatic Link to create Transference is. Similarly it shouldn't be too difficult for the Nullifier field to cancel out Warframe powers because most powers are probably some manner of technology or pseudo-technology that enables directing Void energy into wildly different effects that defy normal limitations, similar to pre-Warframe technology that Orokin had like the Lora device and I'd presume Dax Soldiers had limited Void derived abilities. The odd thing out here is that Nullifier field or Stalker have no effect on Channeling, but my guess on this is that Channeling is the closest thing there is to what the Operator does in Second Dream and just blasts pure Void energy. In case of Stalker, I figure that his ability to suppress and block Warframe abilities is due to the fact he's most likely a Dax Soldier with vastly greater experience behind himself, and that he's directly interfaced with his Warframe through wearing it instead of using Transference to remotely project his Void energy (I base this on the fact that the original Mirage, Limbo, and Inaros users were also wearing their Warframes at the time of their deaths and based on information available considerably stronger than the frames are when using Transference).

Of course, because DE leaves many things open for interpretation and mystery, there's no telling if any of what I've said has any kind of canonity to it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yeah, if you have Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield active on Mesa and your projection hits a bubble, off they go.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Incidentally I noticed for the first time yesterday that I couldn't deactivate my projected form while in the null-bubble.

*I thought the Stalker might be his own type of sentient, in the sense of a Warframe - surrogate became self-aware as opposed to a Tenno gone even more emo. If all this was already explained and I'm wrong - that wouldn't surprise me- given the attention i pay.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
How can anyone possibly take Warframe's "lore" seriously? Why don't Corpus just put fucking nullifiers all over their ships? Why do you need to break some crates open and pick up "energy orbs" to be able to use your powers?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Because the quantum fluxometers are using a highly unstable argon coil making the enormous size required to shield an entire ship infeasible.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
How can anyone possibly take Warframe's "lore" seriously? Why don't Corpus just put fucking nullifiers all over their ships?

It could be a very expensive unit. Maybe with our constant raids and attacks, they just can't afford mass production of Nullies.

Why do you need to break some crates open and pick up "energy orbs" to be able to use your powers?

Bro do you even energy siphon? I have a few to spare if you need.

in the beginning, tennos were ninja pirates in space. warframe's lore just can't be taken seriously. just enjoy the massacre.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I generally don't give a rat's ass about the lore and barely know any of it—the extent of my knowledge is that the Lotus used to be a weird flying paper clip, but she now keeps a harem of androgynous teenagers who remotely control armed sex dolls that were constructed to fight zombies that were in turn constructed to fight the race of weird flying paper clips, the very same race the Lotus herself once belonged to—but I don't expect a shotgun to shoot projectiles in the form of minuscule pianos played by microscopic papillons, either.

I am however still smug that my prediction of how the Tenno are controlled turned out to be correct. It was just too neat a trope for DE to resist, since it's a lobby MMO with a lot of players. Remote operators fit neatly and make a lot of sense.

The trope of frail psychic persons who astrally project into remote locations is a well known one, up to and including the way it's handled in Warframe, namely the astral projector's visage assuming a crucifixion-like pose and floating about.

One thing I have noticed is that the Operator's projection seems to exist in the Rift. The same filter is applied to the game's graphics when using Limbo.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So apparently the LoR blueprint I got was utterly pointless because nobody runs that unless you're a walking apocalypse or something. Fuck it. I'll finish grinding out Ash the stupid way and just solo the whole fucking game.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Both ways of doing raids are utter shit and I generally can't be bothered. You either get a bunch of randoms from Recruiting and maybe a few friends to do them, which can succeed but obviously is quite likely to fail; or you get a dedicated VoIP group or even join some raid-centric clan that practices regularly, which really isn't worth the trouble.

Nightmare raids have much higher drop rates for the non-shit Arcanes, and they're much more easily screwed up. Most Warframe players suffer from turbo ADHD and autism, are extremely impatient, and don't want to teach anyone new... so when raid groups do manage to form, get good, and meet regularly, they often become secretive for fear of novices trying to come along, in many cases seceding from whatever clan they're in and presumably quit the game eventually because "raiding" in this game is extremely gimmicky and one-dimensional, and there's really not much of it.

In terms of the platinum to be made from Arcanes, your time is just as well spent farming up Prime sets to sell so that you can use that platinum to buy Arcanes from raiders.

I'm well into MR21 and I still don't have Ash, either. Other than Excalibur Prime, which is unobtainable, Ash is the only frame I don't have, despite the deaths of many manics when I ran through LoR a number of times.

Ash really isn't something for newer players to just farm from raids, because you are expected to have certain setups, primarily max-range efficient crowd control such as Radial Disarm, Prism, Avalanche, slow M Prime, and so on.

Besides which, Ash isn't called trAsh for nothing. :troll:

Sykar

Arcane
How can anyone possibly take Warframe's "lore" seriously? Why don't Corpus just put fucking nullifiers all over their ships?

It could be a very expensive unit. Maybe with our constant raids and attacks, they just can't afford mass production of Nullies.

Why do you need to break some crates open and pick up "energy orbs" to be able to use your powers?

Bro do you even energy siphon? I have a few to spare if you need.

Trying for weeks to find an alert which offers one, but no I only get crap like Shotgun Scavenger, Rifle Scavenger, etc.

Edit: Rofl just alt+tabbed back into the game and what do I see? Alert which rewards Shotgun Scavenger. Fucking hell.

:baka:

Is Nitain that hard to come by? I can't recall needing it ever.

Same I cannot remember ever needing it. Oh well usually offers a good chunk of credits as well so why not.

How can anyone possibly take Warframe's "lore" seriously? Why don't Corpus just put fucking nullifiers all over their ships? Why do you need to break some crates open and pick up "energy orbs" to be able to use your powers?

Is there any game in which you would take the "lore" seriously?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Sykar I have about five copies of both Corrosive Projection and Energy Siphon, and I stopped even noticing aura alerts ages ago. Both of you are fairly new; soon, you'll have plenty of every aura. Not that it matters, because no one uses anything except Energy Siphon, Corrosive Projection, and to a lesser extent, Steel Charge.

I'd trade you one of mine, but you haven't posted your IGN, so I'll wait until you do that.

Interesting factoid: The unreleased Pistol Amp aura originally added 60% to secondary damage, was unintentionally available through transmuting for a short time after an update; a few people own it, and it has since been nerfed to +27%, same as Rifle Amp.

Also, you'll eventually need 60 Nitain to craft everything that (currently) calls for it, including Vauban Prime, Ivara, Inaros, Wukong, and various weapons.

Gerrard

Arcane

They are very expensive, so let's put them on some dude's back so he gets murdered into tiny bits. Yeah makes a lot of sense.

Next thing you know you'll be giving Bethesda a free pass for their dumbfuckery in Fallout.

>2016
>still using Energy Siphon
Also tell me how many powers do you plan on using with that 0.6 energy per second?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I used to think Nitain was an extremly rare resource, until I realized it's just a timegate. Stuff piles up now with nothing worth building.

Getting Fieldron/Detonite/Mutasmth is far more annoying. If you are as stingy as I am, you don't "buy" it, but also being to lazy to repeat missions 3 times unless they pay 3 of them makes it a lot more of a chore than Nitain. :argh:

Also having energy siphon slotted is generally considered a warning about noob-ness. It just sucks. I used to have it, because playing a Not-Trinity made me realize you can run out of energy. Not worth it. Always go corrosive projection unless you play melee heavy like catframe, monkeyking or excabro. Even then the difference against higher level is questionable, while CP serves the whole group.
Just bring the syndicate frey pies for all your energy needs.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Be thankful, because they revamped the Invasion system to be less obnoxious about nine months ago. I forget exactly how it was, but it used to be like four or five completions sometimes for the same, or possibly even lesser, rewards. It's been normalized now and is better than it was before.

Mutagen mass is what pisses me off, because getting 3 as a reward never seems to happen, and even 2 is rare. Most of them end up being on Mars with a reward of 1. Doesn't matter much though, as I have 30-50 of each kind stockpiled and I build them constantly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom