Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News War for the Overworld released

Discussion in 'TCancer News & Content Comments' started by Whisky, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Make America Great Again Whisky The Solution

Whisky
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Whisky The Solution

Whisky
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Thanks to Grunker for pointing this out.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Hirato Purse-Owner Patron

Hirato
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Lots of negative reviews on steam citing a buggy premature release.
    Suppose I'll check back in a few months.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. zerotol Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Dumbfuck Douchebag! Illiterate Sychophantic Noob Village Idiot Weasel Zionist Agent Repressed Homosexual Pretty Princess Possibly Retarded White Knight Übermensch Fargo Fanboy The Real Fanboy Beg Auditor Trigger Warning Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride Edgy Typical Modder No Fun Allowed Shitposter Vatnik Virgin Queen Cuck Developer Bethestard Manlet In My Safe Space

zerotol
    Parrots:
    It's not a finished game from what i have read and heard on the forums.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Parrots:
    Release dates are becoming mid-points in the development cycle, nothing that surprising. In summer imma have a lot of fun with this and WoM.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. I'm With Her Metro for prison Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    Been in early access so long they felt compelled to poop it out regardless of whether or not it was in 'release' state.

^ Top  
  7. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    Its clearly not in release state , now i am getting so many freezes i had to stop completely . Half the campaign is playable but not smoothly then its completely unplayable at the end . Multi has been disbabled , i dont know how and when they will implement it seeing how bad the engine run when theres many minions.

^ Top  
  8. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    Maybe they ran out of money and had to release?
    Sad result, no matter the reason. Well.. I'll have a look at this in some months :)

^ Top  
  9. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    Parrots:
    Codex you are too critical.

It looks like a solid game. Buy now for $30 or wait and get it for $15, decisions decisions.

^ Top  
  10. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
  11. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    Parrots:
    Everyone is too critical of this game, I saw TotalBiscuit's review and he's whining about how there are no good tooltips about buildings on the map.

However in the build menu there are clearly tooltips...

Anyway, looks like a great games with very few bugs, which they are fixing! That's good.

^ Top  
  12. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    Parrots:
    I guess you'd know better than me, I have only seen the gameplay videos.

^ Top  
  13. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
    It's the first game in forever where my game has been updating every half hour when I shut it down. It's pretty broken, though by far the worst functional "bug" is that the controls have trouble detecting whether you click on environment or the HUD. It's incredibly annoying.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    I am not bashing it to be edgy or trolling, when i played this it was truly a disaster. First bug encountered , when the dungeon heart is attacked , the game freeze for 5 sec , each hit. Then you notice theres a bug with the tavern , voice over keep telling you "your tavern is too small" , in fact it means its not supplied cause theres a voice over missing, and the real problem is the tavern not getting supplied by workers .Creatures not finding their lair,not finding food, workers bypassing interdictions, odd pathing sometimes.
    Each time there's a fight , theres a huge slow down, oh and possession doesnt seems to be fully working ,impossible to attack. Payday ? Massive lag and freeze for several minutes , giving you enough time to alt tab , do some quality posting on the dex and coming back...
    Some campaign maps are completely bugged with indestructible doors and invincible enemies. Multi not working , skirmish not working.Could be faster writing about things working, steam subforum is filled with bug report.
    I got 13 hours of content out of it for 25$ , laggy unfinished unpolished content . So yes there's potential , like all those "early access" game , so much potential and almost none of them going to fullfill it.But wait its not early access anymore, its release.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. Curious_Tongue Arcane Patron

Curious_Tongue
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
    I've been watching a few youtube videos.

Wtf is so hard about making your dungeon look good? One guy's dungeon was so messed up the game even made mention of it to him.

^ Top  
  16. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    How to say... There's absolutely no reason to make your dungeon look cool, there's no bonus for walls , the efficient way is to dig it all and make rooms next to each other with just a dungeon entrance and a few traps, especially when the maps are so small. exactly like buildign a rts base.You dont have time to mke things look cool anyway and they destroy your wall often with ease.

^ Top  
  17. Curious_Tongue Arcane Patron

Curious_Tongue
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

^ Top  
  18. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    thanks to Krunker for warning me off this for now. Another DK clone turns out to be a turd, what a shock.

I remember one of the devs advertizing it here a while back.

^ Top  
  19. The Glitterdust Golem Erudite Patron

The Glitterdust Golem
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I haven't encountered too many game ruining problems with this, but the atrocious UI and poor precision with the mouse controls leave me wary that they're inevitable sooner or later. One of the more bizarre things is that the UI is riddled with programmer blurb - PROP; TAVERN, MODE 1 in X:#### Y:#### and so on. If I didn't know my Dungeon Keeper, my eyes would be rolling to the back of my head for all of that junk.

There's a few non-bug elements that are odd choices to include, such as the loss of wall props coinciding with an improved emphasis on getting the most out of your rooms. For example, you can only have as many potions as your alchemy lab has props, meaning you have to take up a tremendous amount of space for it to be even remotely as useful what a DK2 3x3 variety would be. Hints I've seen on the Steam forums suggest this is down to multiplayer focused balancing, which is completely and utterly baffling as a design decision if true, and I hope a failing multiplayer community (it's inevitable regardless) makes them reconsider. Oh, and fuck 'Sins'.

This is a very familiar and homely game, though. I hope they get their stuff fixed and fully functional so it can enjoy its audience. As Grunker said in the other thread, this is Dungeon Keeper 2.5.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)