Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Walkthrough?

Magnificate

Novice
Is there a full, detailed and up to date walktrough for this game?

Listing required skill levels, XP rewards, story branches and so on?

Trashos

Arcane
I have detailed notes of 2 of my playthroughs (mercenary with spear/dodge and thief with dagger/CS/dodge). I may post them eventually if there is interest -at this point they are hand-written.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
You can always look for the checks yourself in the dialogue files. Open scripts.aod with some archive software, e.g. WinRAR. Everything that occurs in dialogue should be in scripts.aod\data\text\dialogues. It's in XML, but not too hard to read.
Not always easy to find out which of the files you're looking for though. But in general they are useful.

For instance, just by checking the directory names just now, I learned that there's apparently another loremaster in the house next to Abukar where you can get training in lore/etiquette/impersonate for 500gp along with his ideas about what happened in the war. And with streetwise >=7 you can trick him into giving you a large power tube so you don't need to go to Inferiae to get one for the portal to the mountain facility in the sewers.

I also found out that apparently there's an NPC called Brontia somewhere that you can get in a philosophical argument with, but wasn't able to figure out where she is.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Neat, thanks!
I had completely forgotten about the blind guy too, heh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom