Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info VTM: Bloodlines Weekly Update #1

Voss

Erudite
Ick. I'd rather go with the syphillis than the soccer moms...

Over all I agree with you though. No slumming.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
they'd make the perfect targets though. bored, easily seduced and isolated in the suburbs.

monstorous, yes, but also the top of the foodchain. from what little i can remember of the source material, the masquerade was kept strong by direct involvement into police investigations of 'henky murders'. they weren't trash climbing up from the sewers to feed but rather a intricate web of clans with ties (as well as people tied up) in every important aspect of human society. if a vampire did go all smorgasboard on a suburban family, it simply played as a 'depressed software engineer murders family and commits suicide' in the morning paper. that was the masquerade's power and purpose, not so they could feed on bums and crackwhores, but hunt as they choosed with the ability to make it all fade from human thought.

the idea of gunning down hobos with a mp5 then snacking on them for mario mushrooms is just plain stupid.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, the problem with soccer moms is that they'd be missed right away. You couldn't just have one once a week because that'd get all the police agencies out looking around for a serial killer, the media all over the story, and make it much harder to prey on others because it would be well covered.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
not if you used them as a renewable resource. blood slaves that could be visited for a feeding then left to go about their day. stable and healthy. splaying innards across a wall just for the sake of it is so low-rent. most of the ideas here are better suited to a werewolf game, rather than one of vampires... so feral and unimaginative.

i'm very interested to see if the game system will allow for the creation of cattle that could be fed on repeatedly, through some sort of dialogue engine. violence and domination through magic are alright... but getting someone to willingly give it up, now that is fucking evil.

Spazmo

Erudite
That's the thing. If you murder only hobos, you can be as brutal and stylish as you want, whereas you have to be really careful and precise when feeding off soccer moms. I don't know about you, but I signed on for the vampire thing because I want to murder hobos and drink their blood, not because I want to be some kind of Soccer Mom Blood Accountant.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
the quick kill and licking hobo blood up off the pavement is neither brutal nor stylish. it's over much too quickly and playing with his guts as a child would fingerpaints hardly qualifies as stylish.

style and brutality take time. they require degradation and torture. random violence isn't evil, it's animalistic. grabbing someone at a mall's underground parking lot and letting them know if they don't submit, now and in the future, you'll decorate their home with little Timmy's intestines. kinda like tinsle at christmas. after they relent, the pc begins all manner of sexual depravity and painful drawn out feedings... now that is real evil.

piling up a hobo body count would probably earn the pc a holy water enema from the masquerade.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I really should write about my depraved thoughts. They're far from my earlier mentioned opinion of 'run and gun' style of feeding. Maybe in a few hours.

Voss

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
the quick kill and licking hobo blood up off the pavement is neither brutal nor stylish. it's over much too quickly and playing with his guts as a child would fingerpaints hardly qualifies as stylish.

style and brutality take time. they require degradation and torture. random violence isn't evil, it's animalistic. grabbing someone at a mall's underground parking lot and letting them know if they don't submit, now and in the future, you'll decorate their home with little Timmy's intestines. kinda like tinsle at christmas. after they relent, the pc begins all manner of sexual depravity and painful drawn out feedings... now that is real evil.

Yeah, well, this is a Camarilla based Vampire game, not Sabbat

Spazmo

Erudite
mr. lamat said:
*wannabe murder stuff*

Hey, screw your month long stalking and preparation shit. I want to murder hobos and drink their blood RIGHT NOW! No time to draw maps of their itineraries between garbage cans, I'll just grab them out of back streets by the dozen. Spending the night leaping accross rooftops in hot pursuit of an enemy vampire and you suddenly get low on blood? Hey, just stop off in an alley and murder yourself up some hobo! It's just that easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom