Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline VtM Bloodlines unofficial patch by Wesp5 v9.2 now available

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't there a project somewhere doing just that? I swear I remember there being a wiki for the project but I don't remember it really going anywhere.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since my old playthrough as a gay Toreador is probably lost forever, I am glad to see every one of these patches, as it means my eventual replay of VTMB will be all the better. Thank You, Wesp.

Supermedo

Augur
I know the project existed somewhere but I think it's dead, there haven't been any updates in the forum or project blog.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The project isn't dead. The guy doing it recently put out a multiplayer alpha as a way to test out the mechanics/gameplay. It's based off the Alien Swarm Engine now.

Personally, though, I don't think the resurgence project will ever be completed. It seems to me that it would be too much for one guy to take on, and there seems to be way too many roadblocks in his way.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There's a lovely help wanted sign on the website to the right. So maybe some programming savvy Codexers could, you know, lend a hand?

I love Wesp's patches for giving me an excuse to replay Bloodlines. The extra stuff is just enough to make things fresh, but without screwing the balance or significantly altering the game (it's nowhere near as radical an overhaul as the mammoth changelog makes it look - really just a tweak to disciplines here and there, and a lot of new dialogue options or NPCs that, because they were cut from the actual game instead of being written new by a modder, fit quite seamlessly into the game). There are elements that work better without the extra stuff - Wesp doesn't seem to understand that often dialogue or NPCs are cut in order to improve the pacing (just like with films), and that you don't improve things by including them - but on the whole it's a significant improvement that provides a lot of things to things that feel like they should have been included originally.

Not that this even marginally justifies spending so many years patching the game over and over, when he could probably have created the Bloodlines equivalent of The Nameless Mod by now. It went well beyond hobby work a long time ago - the guy needs to learn to place limits on his hobby projects; there's a fine line between 'being good at something and doing it for free' and letting yourself be exploited, and he passed it years back.

Mebber

Educated
Dunno, it's his decision after all. It's not like someone is forcing him to realease update over update for years, right? What makes you believe he isn't doing it for pure hobby and fun anymore?

Dunno, it's his decision after all. It's not like someone is forcing him to realease update over update for years, right? What makes you believe he isn't doing it for pure hobby and fun anymore?

I'm quite certain that he IS doing for pure hobby and fun, and I never said otherwise.

It's like the old saying 'if you're good at something, never do it for free'. That's a bit harsh - everyone should do some hobby work and some charity work, but I generally think that you've got to have some clear limitation on the labour you're providing if you want other people to value it.

Mebber

Educated
"It went well beyond hobby work a long time ago - the guy needs to learn to place limits on his hobby projects"

That's what i meant with my post.

Anyway, i don't think he (or anyone for that matter) is obligated to limit or adjust his hobby - or the way he is carrying it out - in any way just because of some random other people. If the main purpose of the hobby is to gather the respect and admiration of the beneficaries of his work maybe, but if it's mainly about the work itself and the fun he gets out of it, he shouldn't really give a fuck about it.

Calapine

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
That other Bloodlines modder?
Had his own patch that was supposedly much closer to the pure intended Bloodlines than Wesps basic patch ever could hope to be.
Is also a huge drama queen and has left the internet foreva! more often than Prosper.

He once used his patch's size (around 700mb) as proof that it was more legitimate than Wesp's measly 300mbs.

But...the gigantic patch contains bug fixes only, while the one that supposedly adds a lot of extra shit is 1/3 the size? Wat

*snicker* I can't comment on Tesseras, but if you want to see a real primeclass douchebag and self-important modder try googling 'Dashus' and his KOTOR 2 'Team Gizka'. ;)

dryan

Arcane
It's been about 5 months since my last VtMB playthrough. I'm hoping that after one year it feels fresh enough to play again. Sucks that no other game even comes close to fascinating me as much as this one.

Divinity: Original Sin
I was googling for a solution for a glitch in VTMB in 2008, I ended up here in the codex, where I first heard about the tessera/wesp5 drama... That's how I got to know the codex... And yet I'm still waiting for wesp to die so I can try his final patch.

Ser Pounce-a-lot

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Dumbfuck Village Idiot
Installed the latest patch about a month ago, started a new game, saw Janette crying in the street over Mercurio as he climbs into his apartment. WTF, uninstall, empty recycle bin.

Honestly, what was he thinking? Janette gets an awesome introduction in her Asylum nightclub, and all the prolonged drama of Janette and Therese double-crossing each other and dropping death threats is made even better by the fact that it's just one chick with a split personality who never leaves the confines of her nightclub and uses the PC to do her bidding. Why ruin all that just for an excuse to use a random crying animation?

Zombra, she never leaves the nightclub during her quest line. I wasn't implying she's a shut-in.

Last edited:

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Installed the latest patch about a month ago, started a new game, saw Janette crying in the street over Mercurio as he climbs into his apartment. WTF, uninstall, empty recycle bin.

Honestly, what was he thinking? Janette gets an awesome introduction in her Asylum nightclub, and all the prolonged drama of Janette and Therese double-crossing each other and dropping death threats is made even better by the fact that it's just one chick with a split personality who never leaves the confines of her nightclub and uses the PC to do her bidding. Why ruin all that just for an excuse to use a random crying animation?

Zombra, she never leaves the nightclub during her quest line. I wasn't implying she's a shut-in.

I agree with this complaint, and a lot of other people did too, which is why Wesp removed it from the latest version. Now there is a random npc girl crying near the hanging dead body on the pier to showcase the animation instead, which is a much less offensive addition, IMO.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How about when Jeanette goes down to the art gallery to slash the paintings herself if the PC refuses to do it? Is that not during her quest line?

This whole thing where she stays locked in her room for no reason is just something you made up. If that's the basis on which you rage-uninstalled, you are a goofball.

Last edited:

Ser Pounce-a-lot

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Dumbfuck Village Idiot
I agree with this complaint, and a lot of other people did too, which is why Wesp removed it from the latest version. Now there is a random npc girl crying near the hanging dead body on the pier to showcase the animation instead, which is a much less offensive addition, IMO.
I'm glad he did, but are there any other game-breaking goofs in the latest version that I should be aware of?

So Mercurio climbing into his apartment happens during her quest line now? I'm confused.
No.

How about when Jeanette goes down to the art gallery to slash the paintings herself if the PC refuses to do it? Is that not during her quest line?

This whole thing where she stays locked in her room for no reason is just something you made up. If that's the basis on which you rage-uninstalled, you are a goofball.
First of all, you don't see her do it. For all you know, she could have had someone else do it for her. Second, it's something that may or may not happen, depending on how you play it. Third, even if it does happen, she has a reason to leave her room this time. Crying over Mercurio was just dumb, and thankfully got axed. So it's a moot point in any case.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First of all, you don't see her do it. For all you know, she could have had someone else do it for her. Second, it's something that may or may not happen, depending on how you play it. Third, even if it does happen, she has a reason to leave her room this time.
So it makes sense for you to LKDJHLSDKJGHSD RAGE CASE about seeing her out of her room? Because it's possible that on some playthroughs it's possible to interpret what you see as meaning that maybe sometimes she chooses not to leave her room for a bit (although she (clearly, blatantly, provably, obviously) goes out at other times)?

Crying over Mercurio was just dumb, and thankfully got axed. So it's a moot point in any case.
Fair enough. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Next time just say so instead of making up bullshit. :)

Last edited:

dryan

Arcane
Doesn't Jeanette leave the club regularly to have sex with Tung?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom