Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline VtM Bloodlines unofficial patch by Wesp5 v9.2 now available

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/60875

So Wesp is at it again. I wonder maybe if he will go on for another decade or two?

Anyway changelogs:
+Recreated missing Hallowbrook atrium level, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+ Moved Sabbat choice into Hallowbrook atrium and added missing XPs.
+Restored male blood doll at Red Dragon by using former Tong mugger.
+Recreated "maze" room at Grout's Mansion and restored three icons.
+Fixed some minor discipline issues and restored the basic versions.
+Restored ten decals, moved others and removed restored from basic.
+Fixed warform using occult items issue and improved Bloodheal rate.
+Added two inspections, warehouse boss talk trigger and moved Yugo.
+Increased flamethrower ammo and provided Desert Eagle ammo earlier.
+Disarmed Dominated guard bomb on taking and fixed one sound there.
+Avoided crashing when testing out too many histories, thanks to AJ.
+Added Intimidating Milligan for Nosferatu and fixed armor effects.
+ Made it possible to give redundant items to LaCroix and other NPCs.
+Unleaked and improved library and atrium maps, thanks to Psycho-A.
+Restored discipline or weapon selection toggle and Flynn as vendor.
+ Moved crying girl near cops at pier and changed her to unique NPC.
+Restored Ocean House boiler model and animated warehouse generator.
+Fixed details of thug, Andrei, Ox, LaCroix, VV and Lily dialogues.
+ Made spooky cover sound once and plus only and added steam to Yugo.
+Removed thugs from diner after quest if you avoided fighting them.
+Fixed warrens mist issue and made fatguys use the claws more often.
+Restored or fixed fourty NPC gestures and fixed Confession blocks.
+ Made Braid Talisman raise Wits and restored SM Chunk avoiding rain.
+Added Empire Hotel and ending dance spots and made Glaze one plus.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
+Avoided crashing when testing out too many histories, thanks to AJ.
About time. This has been a problem since release (and I suspect why vchar_edit_histories isn't set by default).

+Recreated missing Hallowbrook atrium level, thanks to EntenSchreck.
Another restored level? Is it anything like the library, where it's just something like 5 enemies and a puzzle you can figure out in 10 seconds?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/60875

So Wesp is at it again. I wonder maybe if he will go on for another decade or two?
ten years later....
+Reconstructed the quest line and dialog were you could kill Cain free the vampires from their curse.
+Added voice acting for the Ming Xao sex scene restored in version 37.91.
+Changed the fatguys to thinguys as I felt it was time they lost some weight.
+Replaced hobos with soda bottles because I want a Sprite sometimes.
+Recreated the level where you find out Captain Kirk is a vampire and have a blood-threeway with him and a green alien.
+Added missing phasers to the game.

seriously tho, makes me want to reinstall just to see what he's added.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
He is already a doctor and a university teacher (or something). How the hell he finds time to do all this modding/fixing is beyond me.

Deleted member 7219

He is a bro, though. I think he sees it as a hobby that's never going to end. I just wish people did this for other broken games.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
To be honest, I only see Wesp5's continued efforts on his Unofficial Patch as a means to make news websites continue to talk about Bloodlines with an obligatory "Holy shit guys, look who released another update!". I haven't used Unofficial Patch in years now I think.

Gord

Arcane
Anyone got Tesseras official statement already?
:troll:

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Novice
I'm not even sure I've ever played a version of the unofficial patch, but

Did it ever fix the Warrens?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If by 'fix' you mean 'avoid completely' the clan quest mod has that

CrazyDiamond

Novice
Not exactly what I meant, but nice to know. I'm using Clan Quest in my current playthrough, and I was about to head to the warrens.

Those extra quests are so awfully designed, though.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I liked both the alternative to the Chinatown 'tower' and some bits and ends here and there (the clan quest for tremere is interesting too). I didn't mind the cutscene on the diner / prostitute and some other stuff where he got a decent voice actor and could reuse animations. But things that require actual movement/new animations are a bit iffy - the malkavian clan quest is terrible about it - and i also don't like much the ressurgence in force of the clan 'rivalries' from the P&P game on the actual clan quests, especially when they touch existing characters (one of the reasons the Tremere one is interesting actually). I suggested the warrens alternative quest and it could be better.... don't know exactly how.

I'd also suggest to you not to install the 'companion mod' cutdown version included in clanquest or not. It is a massive pile of (intelligent but still) hacks, so you have problems in places like elevators, 'shaped' voices hitting that valley etc.

The camarilla edition though, definitely yes. It makes the game much fresher. I think troika expected people to just keep on one section of the game and not go back, so there are not any quests triggered on the base game only after you finished a section except that Pisha business, and this ends up making the game a bit too similar in sequence. It would be interesting if new approaches opened up more on old unsolved quests (like that thing Wesp did in santa monica with the serial killer and the 'groupie' quest and Pisha) but more radical across time and space, and other new stuff being conditionally enabled later depending on what you did.

one changelog item surprises me:
"Restored or fixed fourty NPC gestures and fixed Confession blocks"
It seems they've figured out the fucked up animation format of this engine.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Anyone got Tesseras official statement already?
:troll:

Who?

That other Bloodlines modder?
Had his own patch that was supposedly much closer to the pure intended Bloodlines than Wesps basic patch ever could hope to be.
Is also a huge drama queen and has left the internet foreva! more often than Prosper.

CrazyDiamond

Novice
I liked both the alternative to the Chinatown 'tower' and some bits and ends here and there (the clan quest for tremere is interesting too). I didn't mind the cutscene on the diner / prostitute and some other stuff where he got a decent voice actor and could reuse animations. But things that require actual movement/new animations are a bit iffy - the malkavian clan quest is terrible about it - and i also don't like much the ressurgence in force of the clan 'rivalries' from the P&P game on the actual clan quests, especially when they touch existing characters (one of the reasons the Tremere one is interesting actually). I suggested the warrens alternative quest and it could be better.... don't know exactly how.

I'd also suggest to you not to install the 'companion mod' cutdown version included in clanquest or not. It is a massive pile of (intelligent but still) hacks, so you have problems in places like elevators, 'shaped' voices hitting that valley etc.

The camarilla edition though, definitely yes. It makes the game much fresher. I think troika expected people to just keep on one section of the game and not go back, so there are not any quests triggered on the base game only after you finished a section except that Pisha business, and this ends up making the game a bit too similar in sequence. It would be interesting if new approaches opened up more on old unsolved quests (like that thing Wesp did in santa monica with the serial killer and the 'groupie' quest and Pisha) but more radical across time and space, and other new stuff being conditionally enabled later depending on what you did.

I'm going Gangrel, and the Gangrel quest was awful, not to mention Knox and Beckett seemed really out of character. I've seen a video walkthrough of the Malkavian quest, and it seemed even worse. Almost as bad as the Kindred for Hire questline. The stuff I had to put up with for a couple XP.
Companion Mod is something I'm yet to try I think, I made a mess when installing that stuff so I'm not even sure what mods I have or not.
But I'll keep that in mind, elevators are problematic enough already.

But I'm pretty sure my first or second time I used Camarilla Edition. I have to check that stuff.

That other Bloodlines modder?
Had his own patch that was supposedly much closer to the pure intended Bloodlines than Wesps basic patch ever could hope to be.
Is also a huge drama queen and has left the internet foreva! more often than Prosper.

He once used his patch's size (around 700mb) as proof that it was more legitimate than Wesp's measly 300mbs.

But...the gigantic patch contains bug fixes only, while the one that supposedly adds a lot of extra shit is 1/3 the size? Wat

Supermedo

Augur
I wish if all modders get organized and port Votmb in newer version of source engine, the game doesn't have as many mod as other games because of source engine limitation it was built on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom