Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vtm Bloodlines for the first time

ArchAngel

Arcane
Tremere owns combat with spells, Gangrel with claws, I owned stuff in melee with Brujah, and stealthed around everyone with Nosferatu. Don't remember what I used with Malkavians, probably guns.
For Zombie level, I don't remember ever having problems. Isn't there a shotgun to use?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah use the shotgun that the dude gives you even if you dont have good skill in guns. It will help a lot. This mission is indeed very annoying though

Unbeliever

Learned
Hmmmmm, not sure did I find some kind of bug or just fail quest before getting it. I found Nosferatu Imalia in the Warrens. Never sow her before, but she started yelling that I fucked up some task and didn't kill somebody. Now I have Model Citizen failed quest in my log. Strange.

Vadio

Scholar
Hmmmmm, not sure did I find some kind of bug or just fail quest before getting it. I found Nosferatu Imalia in the Warrens. Never sow her before, but she started yelling that I fucked up some task and didn't kill somebody. Now I have Model Citizen failed quest in my log. Strange.
And this happened the first time you talked to her?

Unbeliever

Learned
That moment is probably ancient past. I will leave it for second playthrough. Just to know for next time, what building is it?

pippin

I'm going through a vanilla run (1.2) and I gotta say the game performs very well. At least the bugs (other than some water texture fuckups, which are still very minor) aren't as noticeable as, say, Arcanum. In fact, there was a moment in which I *had* to stop playing Arcanum because certain quests simply wouldn't progress. This has not happened to me in Bloodlines, and I'm on my way to meet Gary Golden.

Unbeliever

Learned
I finished vanila Arcanum couple of years ago with just one quest bugged. But suppose I should install that patches for Masquerade, nevertheless. I was to lazy. Last time when I played Torment, I spent more than one hour reading and installing patches and new content for the game. So I decided to skip that and just start V:TM.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
There have been no bugs in 2-3 runs that i have made through the years with 1.2 official version. Don't know what all the hubbub about all these unofficial patches with kilometers worth of change logs is. Some people are crazy about patching i guess.

Unbeliever

Learned
Finished. I have paranoid suspicion that after Giovanni Mansion some other team continued to work on game, not Troika. It practicaly wasn't RPG after that. Sheriff was to easy with 5 Celerity Brujah. Had more problems to find path to the top than to beat him.

End is fine. With couple of intentionally unanswered questions.

Like, did Becket know about Jack's trick with sarcophagus? And did Jack find there anything except ancient mummy? And that taxi driver is... not just taxi driver, obviously.

All in all, bad finish or not, good game. Already want to start new playthrough.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Taxi driver is Cain, or that is the most popular theory

Cain appears in the End of the World scenarios for VTM, he was sleeping in a cave apparently. The Taxi Driver is supposed to be some 4th generation Malkavian who thinks he is Cain.

laclongquan

Arcane
Really apeshit~ It strike deep into your mind that this universe is crazy, and your character is normal~
Yeah I know. Virgin Malk run is an unforgetable experience that only the lucky can experience it.

pippin

Taxi driver is Cain, or that is the most popular theory

Cain appears in the End of the World scenarios for VTM, he was sleeping in a cave apparently. The Taxi Driver is supposed to be some 4th generation Malkavian who thinks he is Cain.

Why Cain? For 'not easy to be living legend' speech?

I think the taxi driver was supposed to be Caine but there were people really butthurt about respecting the lore, so they wouldn't confirm or deny it. I've made my own theory: the PC is some sort of Caine's protege and everyone wants to manipulate you so they can get closer to him.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I think the taxi driver was supposed to be Caine but there were people really butthurt about respecting the lore, so they wouldn't confirm or deny it. I've made my own theory: the PC is some sort of Caine's protege and everyone wants to manipulate you so they can get closer to him.

Most of the Camarilla don't even think Caine existed. With the exception of Jack nobody even knows about the Taxi Driver and villain motivations are pretty clear towards the end. The only unexplained thing in the game is how you are getting so powerful, you are essentially rising in generation without committing diablerie and that seems like the kind of thing only Caine could pull off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom