Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vtm Bloodlines for the first time

Andnjord

Arcane
The werewolf battle seems to be one of the examples that does vary given you can choose to kill or evade.

You can kill the werewolf? Without having to spend untold amounts of ammo for about one hour straight?
:whatho:

Haaaaang on, I just remembered you can kill him by
crushing him between the observatory doors...

Time for the long delayed Malkav playthrough me thinks

Andnjord

Arcane
It's the part about expending bullets on him that surprises me.
Oh, that's just me forgetting the puzzle kill entirely and thinking that Madrigal meant you could shoot him to death. Which as far as I can remember even the dragon shotgun (the one that shoots flaming slugs) could barely scratch it, hence my surprise.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can do it in the Wesp plus patch.... or at least i recall something like that on the patch notes of a certain version, it might have been removed because it was counter authorial intent.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've discovered that you can wait until the tram goes back up at the edge of the forest where werewolf appears (in a place where you can't go further because of invisible walls). The werewolf can't reach you there. I usually use this time to make something to eat :P.

laclongquan

Arcane
The genius of playing VTMB virgin Malk is that you dont understand a damn thing. You feel like you floating through events like a dream, seeing but not understanding, dont get why we can affect things to such degree.

After several runs through in different clans, you get an epiphany

Damn, we are a newly born vampire get played as a front vamp for older ancient vamp. Our way must have been greased hard for us, our conclusions must be prepared beforehand without us knowing why.

and we see that the virgin Malk run is the true VTMB experience.

You can do it in the Wesp plus patch.... or at least i recall something like that on the patch notes of a certain version, it might have been removed because it was counter authorial intent.

You see my problems with Wesp's 'patch'? it should have been named 'mod', and I wouldnt have had problem with such mod. I have no problem with Clan Quest mod, even though I avoid it. Also, IIRC, he changed that so we can get the fireaxe during the ghost hotel mission. The second best melee weapon at the start of the game!!!

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
What are you guys talking about evading the 'wolf? My memory is kind of hazy here. Far as I remember, running from the big bad wolf was the standard action in vanilla Bloodlines before figuring out how to kill it.
You remember correctly and I don't get them either.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The Tess Tru patch is the best. I played both, and the WESP patch seems to add shit and is a bit buggy.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

You see my problems with Wesp's 'patch'? it should have been named 'mod', and I wouldnt have had problem with such mod. I have no problem with Clan Quest mod, even though I avoid it. Also, IIRC, he changed that so we can get the fireaxe during the ghost hotel mission. The second best melee weapon at the start of the game!!!
Your actual problem with Wesp's mod is that it has 0 additional naked Heather skins.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
My friend want to play Vtm Bloodlines and asked me to help him with mods/unofficial patches. I have never liked this game (in b4 ban covr), so I'm asking you: which version of the game is the best for a first playthrough?
It doesn't matter how you play the first time.

It's a fine experience vanilla, unless one of the mods lessens the amount of trash-combat encounters in the late game.

I mean, a good patch won't hurt at all. But better you just get started playing rather than overthinking about mods. There's enough content. It does have bugs, and I don't know to what degree - But in my first time experience they were not significant enough for me to notice. I will reiterate that literally the only thing that irked me about the game was the combat-heaviness in late game.

It's only when you want to replay that you'd want a mod, and even then it's mostly because you want a newer experience.

And if the encounters are distributed better.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Well, I though that playing with less bugs is better than playing than any vanilla version of Troika game.

I've installed Wesp patch and...initial impression is pretty similar to my quick first (and only) playthrough many years ago - unstoppable terrible intro, many sounds and ambient music missing, bad controls, UI is a mess...game probably is a gem, but first impression is not good and still hard to begin playing VTMB. Also, Malkav font is hard to read :M

laclongquan

Arcane

Your actual problem with Wesp's mod is that it has 0 additional naked Heather skins.

Dead wrong. Even I dont necessary install Tessera's nudie mods. Not when I figure out how to change breast size AND how to change my model into Velvet Velor. Or that anarchy chick.

madrigal

Augur

The fire axe is not the second best melee weapon and who cares if you can find it early, you can buy it anyway.

laclongquan

Arcane
You, my friend, are a hairy bunch of muscle who can do that sort of shit. I, on the other hand, am a delicate crazy flower and as such dont have the thews to pull that. It's a real struggle to kill them silently

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You, my friend, are a hairy bunch of muscle who can do that sort of shit. I, on the other hand, am a delicate crazy flower and as such dont have the thews to pull that. It's a real struggle to kill them silently
I mean, just put some points in strength man.

madrigal

Augur
So instead of struggling with starting area's enemies you can float through them with one strike each?

Got it~

So instead of admitting you're wrong you shift the goal posts and pretend that a vampire with supernatural strength floating through ordinary humans is a problem with a patch that is no different to the main game?

Got it~

laclongquan

Arcane
What shifting goal post? The points of objecting to Wesp's changes is that he put the SECOND BEST weapon in STARTING QUEST's first quest area. Aside from the changing dev's intentional design, it changes the balance.

fanbois, bah~

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
No no, Tessera's patch is the one with no additional content (unless you count nude bodies extras but that stand separate). That's why he stopped waaaaaay earlier, around v4. Nothing left to fix.

Wesp's mod is the content restoration mod. He restored cut content, fill out what's not, and in so doing introduce fuckload of bugs. THAT is why he cant stop fixing. His patches, now v9~, are just fixing what he mess up.

So much this. Wesp and everyone who thinks his "basic patch" does not mutilate Troika's original vision is a retard. Yes, a strong statement but completely justified. Because Wesp and these people have no fucking clue how games, movies, books, and plays are made. What Wesp calls "restoration" is mutilation of a work of art.

Imagine Wesp "fixing" a book. He would take the original handwritten manuscript and put back in all the parts the original author had struck out. Where these parts are unfinished he would "complete" them himself. If you do not understand how retarded that would be you are a fucktard.

Imagine Wesp "fixing" a movie. He would take the raw film material e.g. 6 hours of film being cut to a 2 hour movie is not unusual and "restore" those other 4 hours of film material the original creators decided to cut. If you do not understand how retarded that would be you are a fucktard.

Unfortunately Wesp is actually "fixing" a game. Any unused (i.e. cut!) asset (dialog, graphic, script) he finds in the game's data files he "restores". If you do not understand how retarded that is you are a fucktard.

Wesp does not understand how art is made, cutting is a vital part of the creative process, instead of doing "restorations" you might as well just piss all over a piece of art. Stuff he "restored" was cut for a reason, in most cases it is obvious why, but Wesp is a fucktard with no sense of .. anything, so he does not even realize that. E.g. he "restored" a Love Parade-style raver chick and put her into the Asylum club.. fucktard has obviously never left his basement to think that she fits in there. Really she sticks out like a sore thumb in that club (or anywhere in the game world for that matter!). I guess that is why Troika decided to remove her - fucktard!

Or what he did with the pedestrians. Troika decided to give every area its own set of pedestrians, this is part of what creates the unique atmosphere of each area. The pedestrians are basically set pieces. Then comes powertard Wesp and decides he wants "more diversity" one the streets and wildly mixes up pedestrians from all areas. Yes, every area having its own limited set of pedestrians is one of those things Wesp "fixed". Or at least he did at some point. He often reverts his own "fixes" in subsequent patches. Really.. I cannot even comprehend such utter fucktardness.

And yes details like that matter. Bloodlines does not have great game mechanics, the atmosphere, the writing, the characters are what is great about it. And Wesp's patch degrades that atmosphere with his fucktardations. Not totally of course, most of the game is still intact, but if someone painted a tiny butterfly tattoo on the cheek of Mona Lisa one would not be amused either.

Sorry, but Bloodlines is not only one of my favorite games but also one of the best examples of "video games as art", and Wesp mutilating this piece of art and most people ending up playing his fucked up version instead of the original is something I feel strongly about.

If Wesp would correctly label his work, namely call it "Wesp's Mod" then I would have no problem with it and wouldn't call him a fucking fucktard. But as long as he tries to sell his mutilation of VTM:B as a "bugfix patch" I will keep calling him what he is: a fucktard.

Tl;dr: Wesp is a fuckard and his "patch" a crime against Bloodlines.

madrigal

Augur
What shifting goal post? The points of objecting to Wesp's changes is that he put the SECOND BEST weapon in STARTING QUEST's first quest area. Aside from the changing dev's intentional design, it changes the balance.

fanbois, bah~

You claimed it was the second best melee weapon which is wrong, now you claim it is the second best weapon which is even more wrong, I mean obviously you are an idiot, but do you have to be so smug as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom