Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have patience, it'll probably be greenlit next week.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Cleveland Mark Blakemore is about to make you his bitch...
Grimoire.png

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm expecting 20.000-40.000 range; which is fine for an indie RPG.
Good for you, as I'm expecting 2-4,000 sales, around half of which originate from the Codex.

Eh, it might get to 10-15k... Elminage Gothic is at under 10k...so that's about where Grimoire might end up eventually. Of course if he prices it at 40 bucks, won't come anywhere close and your prediction is more likely.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Eh, it might get to 10-15k... Elminage Gothic is at under 10k...so that's about where Grimoire might end up eventually. Of course if he prices it at 40 bucks, won't come anywhere close and your prediction is more likely.

This is all assuming it gets released at all.

Namutree

Savant
Good for you, as I'm expecting 2-4,000 sales, around half of which originate from the Codex.

Elminage Gothic on Steam has mixed reviews and on GOG has merely 3 & 1/2 stars. I expect Grimiore to be better received. Also, Elminage Gothic was only released a few years ago, and will have more sales in the future. When I said 20-40 I was including its entire life span (IE as long as its for sale) on Steam and GoG which will be around for a long time; not just a few years.

Mustawd

I expect Grimoire to be similar to AoD. A lot of novelty interest due to the background and development time.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Bros, while watching teaser it came to my mind: what if all Cleve told us all these 20 years is true...? Imagine, he was working, all alone, all these years, struggling to finishing Grimoire, raising Cooper, building bunker, preserving Neanderthal heritage and posting at Codex. We need KickStarter Grimoire documentary:bounce:
none

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

I'm setting aside the crow for you. I bet the right kind of person might mistake you for someone who knows what they are talking about.

sstacks

Arcane
I bet the right kind of person might mistake you for someone who knows what they are talking about.

^
This wins my personal Internet today as the best response for roughly 75% of daily online comments.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore over in the Shane Plays thread, Zorba the Hutt suggested I invite you on my show before you get so in demand that you have a stretch limousine and bodyguards.

If you're interested let me know... it's live broadcast radio that also goes out as a podcast after the fact. Main catch for you would be it's Saturdays at 1 PM Central, which would be Sunday at 4 AM your time if I understand correctly.
http://shaneplays.com/shane-plays-radio-and-podcast/

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bros, while watching teaser it came to my mind: what if all Cleve told us all these 20 years is true...? Imagine, he was working, all alone, all these years, struggling to finishing Grimoire, raising Cooper, building bunker, preserving Neanderthal heritage and posting at Codex. We need KickStarter Grimoire documentary:bounce:
none

Make it a movie instead of a documentary and I will back. Who will play Cleve though?

jungl

Augur
Im betting this game will have the same as elminage gothic a little more or a little less.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Cleve would play himself of course. Look at the pic from 1997 and the one from 2017. Besides a little grey, it does not look like he has aged a day. A ture Ubermensch.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I'm setting aside the crow for you. I bet the right kind of person might mistake you for someone who knows what they are talking about.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other 1,000-2,000 sales came from yourself in a desperate attempt to get attention.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other 1,000-2,000 [IGNORE]s came from other Codexers in a desperate attempt to remove your posts.

[IGNORE]

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I bet the right kind of person might mistake you for someone who knows what they are talking about.

^
This wins my personal Internet today as the best response for roughly 75% of daily online comments.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore over in the Shane Plays thread, Zorba the Hutt suggested I invite you on my show before you get so in demand that you have a stretch limousine and bodyguards.

If you're interested let me know... it's live broadcast radio that also goes out as a podcast after the fact. Main catch for you would be it's Saturdays at 1 PM Central, which would be Sunday at 4 AM your time if I understand correctly.
http://shaneplays.com/shane-plays-radio-and-podcast/

I am planning to do interviews for select ELEET outlets AFTER Grimoire is released. If you'd like I can add you to the roster of ELEETs who I will talk to in addition to the loyal and trustworthy principled man of action Matt Barton, who has singlehandedly done more real game journalism than 99% of the lamestream game media. First I have to run your name through my Game Journo Pros analysis program to see if it matches any names on there.

Weasel
I am planning to do interviews for select ELEET outlets AFTER Grimoire is released. If you'd like I can add you to the roster of ELEETs who I will talk to in addition to the loyal and trustworthy principled man of action Matt Barton, who has singlehandedly done more real game journalism than 99% of the lamestream game media. First I have to run your name through my Game Journo Pros analysis program to see if it matches any names on there.

sstacks is a bro who gives exposure to old-school games and deserves to crack your elite selection (yes, he has a strange fetish for SCL but we all have our flaws)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I am planning to do interviews for select ELEET outlets AFTER Grimoire is released. If you'd like I can add you to the roster of ELEETs who I will talk to in addition to the loyal and trustworthy principled man of action Matt Barton, who has singlehandedly done more real game journalism than 99% of the lamestream game media. First I have to run your name through my Game Journo Pros [1] analysis program to see if it matches any names on there.

sstacks is a bro who gives exposure to old-school games and deserves to crack your elite selection (yes, he has a strange fetish for SCL but we all have our flaws)

The gigantic floating holographic head of President Kennedy in my study has completed his analysis. "He's clean, Tex. No entries found tied to his name in the Game Journos Pro underground bolshevist cell for his own activities or those of his associates. A scan of all existing archives going back ten years proves he is all-American and has no affiliations with our enemies." Sim-Ken supercluster delivers as always.

[1] The GameJournosPros Bolshevist Cosa Nostra

P.S. The ghoulish green-gray cast to their sallow skin, sunken eyes and grotesque misshapen skulls is not a CGI special effect or photoshop doctoring. These people actually have faces similar to the extras who work at the Post Office in MEN IN BLACK II.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom