Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

Usually people say they don't like lolis due to it being socially unacceptable and having a guilt complex.

Delterius

Arcane
Track Down A Serial Killer
Play as Takuru, an arrogant senior and the newspaper club president, and discover the pattern in a series of bizarre deaths around you that the police can't seem to crack.

does anyone else think the newspaper club president should be doing other things with his precious time

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Play as Takuru, an arrogant senior and the newspaper club president, and discover the pattern in a series of bizarre deaths around you that the police can't seem to crack.

does anyone else think the newspaper club president should be doing other things with his precious time
i was in a school newspaper i, i mostly spent time slack off playing videogames on my 3ds

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I mean that beats writing about the UP AND COMING EXAM and PRICE HIKE IN THE STUDENT CAFETERIA or something.

Theldaran

Liturgist

Shut up and buy it, hayaku.

Though it's nice having played Chaos;Head before.

We were promised Robotics;Notes, got Chaos;Child instead... the deal is not that bad... I hope all the sci-adv series ends up in Steam by the hand of Spike Chunsoft.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Y6DYydf.jpg

Peaceful days have returned. It’s been one year since the Burst Error case, and the dreadful incident is slowly starting to fade away from memories. Kojiroh Amagi and Marina Houjou currently spend their days in boredom, handling their respective jobs and cases. Until one fateful day, where their paths cross again, their destiny heading toward a new tragedy…

Kojirou Amagi’s Story

The Amagi Detective Agency is still as unpopular as ever. Kojirou, who has worked simple cases thanks to his excellent assistant Kyoko and has not had trouble making a living, passes each day in tedium. Then one day, a request comes in for Kojirou to investigate the case of a missing teacher at El International Academy, a school that he is strongly connected to. Kojirou accepts the request to investigate this case, which gives off the restless feeling he has long been without…

Marina Houjou’s Story

Marina, the legendary agent who once boasted a 99 percent work success rate. However, due to a setback in a certain case, she stepped back from her work, and is currently burned out and on leave. One day, Yayoi asks that she look after a boy who sneaked into the office. At the same time, she hears that countless hitmen from overseas are gathering in Japan…
decline.png

PrettyDeadman

Can you recommend some bizarre edgy horror jnovel? I played song of saya and I LOVED it!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Euphoria is one of VN that I nope the fuck out from reading.

Kara no Shoujo is actually nice. Some disturbing scene, yes, but over all very excellent.

turkishronin

Arcane
Y6DYydf.jpg

Peaceful days have returned. It’s been one year since the Burst Error case, and the dreadful incident is slowly starting to fade away from memories. Kojiroh Amagi and Marina Houjou currently spend their days in boredom, handling their respective jobs and cases. Until one fateful day, where their paths cross again, their destiny heading toward a new tragedy…

Kojirou Amagi’s Story

The Amagi Detective Agency is still as unpopular as ever. Kojirou, who has worked simple cases thanks to his excellent assistant Kyoko and has not had trouble making a living, passes each day in tedium. Then one day, a request comes in for Kojirou to investigate the case of a missing teacher at El International Academy, a school that he is strongly connected to. Kojirou accepts the request to investigate this case, which gives off the restless feeling he has long been without…

Marina Houjou’s Story

Marina, the legendary agent who once boasted a 99 percent work success rate. However, due to a setback in a certain case, she stepped back from her work, and is currently burned out and on leave. One day, Yayoi asks that she look after a boy who sneaked into the office. At the same time, she hears that countless hitmen from overseas are gathering in Japan…
decline.png

Arts looks good except that guy who looks like a hentai protagonist

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

I really enjoyed CHAOS;CHILD, for my money it's better than STEINS;GATE (which I also read). It is, however, extremely lengthy: Being a relatively fast reader (far outpacing the VO of the lines) and using the Skip feature for playthroughs after the first, it still took me 42 hours to finish the true ending. There are plenty of twists and turns in that time to keep it interesting and the VN comes together quite well (or so I felt) at the very end, but the slice of life scenes certainly feel like padding sometimes.

Would definitely recommend it if the murder mystery aspect interests you and you're in the market for a tragedy.

Theldaran

Liturgist
For me there's nothing better than Steins;Gate, but it's a gimmicky novel that is, also, somewhat old.

Chaos;Child is more modern and pleasing, with more gore and horror like S;G 0, it's definitely a good read, but not a solid 10.

Steins;Gate really stands out because, despite the story being quite ridiculous, it accurately portrays the way nerds act and think, whereas most other media either tries to ridicule nerds due to the authors' insecurities (e.g. The Big Bang Theory) or, far more rarely, treats nerds with a sort of superstitious awe (e.g. Stargate SG1).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom