Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by felipepepe, Oct 31, 2012.

1. abnaxusgender: ⚧ Arcane

abnaxus
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!

^ Top  
  2. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Going back to the question of "Is Tokyo Babel Chuuni?" I shall return with the answer of "yes, absolutely".

Pretentious might be a better word, but there is a definite layer of chuunibyou in it all.

Also, the writer is oddly interested in characters racial purity.

[​IMG]

Also what is with all the pop culture references and 4th wall breaking? Meh.

^ Top  
  3. Red Eyegender: ⚧ Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    Tokyo Babel was a nice read but not a great read. I liked it but Setsuna wasn't too interesting and some of the end routes ended up fairly rushed.

Still worth reading at least once and it does have so nice moments and characters.

Also really made me want to play through SMT again

^ Top  
  4. InD_ImaginEgender: ⚧ Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    Anybody got guide for Tokyo Babel? Just bought it and it seems people are giving reading order recommendation but I can't find the actual guide to get to the routes.

^ Top  
  5. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Try the demo. I'm not saying it is good, but I decided to give it a try to see what the deal with the protagonist is.

Show Spoiler
    イエスですか?

I guess you can use google translate on this:
    http://seiya-saiga.com/game/propeller/tokyobabel.html

Seems p. straightforward to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. InD_ImaginEgender: ⚧ Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    Thanks a lot mate!

^ Top  
  7. Red Eyegender: ⚧ Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    Fucking Front Wing is now Kickstarting to localise the fan translation of Sharin no Kuni.

^ Top  
  8. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Another all-ages cuck'd release, qq.

Frontwing is going all progressive 'n like, what the fuck is going on?

https://www.facebook.com/FrontwingI...299420221294/1713767005507868/?type=3&theater

I'm guessing 2ch is/was fuming about gaijin scum getting the game first AND cheaper?

(Also: FUCK SEKAI PROJECT! FUCK SEKAI PROJECT! FUUUUUUUCK SEKAI PROJECT)

^ Top  
  9. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    They could just do the same as that one hrpa wdwrpa is doing and provide the adult content as a separate patch/dlc on steam.

1. Sell the game on your own website (you get better cut of the €$)
    2. Provide Steam key for the game
    3. Provide Steam key for 18+ content patch that isn't for sale on Steam
    4. ???
    5. Profit

^ Top  
  10. Red Eyegender: ⚧ Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    Did you hear about Chrono Clock?

The devs put all the sex scenes outside the routes (though they could still be accessed elsewhere). And the routes ended the moment there was a confession.

All the nips were mad and pretty confused until Chrono Clock was very quickly picked up by Sekai and it became apparent that they had deliberately made the game really easy to butcher for the steam release.

Nips got even more mad and now the developers are backtracking with their next game.

^ Top  
  11. InD_ImaginEgender: ⚧ Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    Soo, I never am a big VN reader, but most of the VN that I read that is not nukige and/or usual high school drama usually doesn't even have h-scene as a central to the plot. Most would be replaced with a fade black and it would not change anything. So what is exactly the problem with 18+ content as DLC? Or do you have any example where actual plot development happening in a H-scene?

^ Top  
  12. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    All the Rance games, Bunny Black etc.

:troll:

but more seriously, yeah often it isn't such a big deal. But in Grisaia for example the sex scenes are quite central to a certain character and their removal thus also radically alters the way you see the character.

The worst offenders are the games where they completely remove the whole sex occurring. I mean, I don't care much if they show the actual sex (unless it is especially creative or funny), but the fact that you remove the entire scene and pretend nothing happens is quite disgusting. Or that you replace sex with something more innocent (Fate/Stay Night). If you write the characters having sex, it should have an impact.

Also, not to forget that it isn't just sex that gets censored in those games.

^ Top  
  13. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    wtf is that

^ Top  
  14. Red Eyegender: ⚧ Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    Nasu + a literal translator.

TakaJun was a Japanese student when he translated it and while his English is pretty good he didn't phrase things the way a native English speaker would.

Like some terms and phrases make far more sense or don't seem retarded in Japanese.

^ Top  
  15. abnaxusgender: ⚧ Arcane

abnaxus
    Parrots:
    Bible Black

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. abnaxusgender: ⚧ Arcane

abnaxus
    Parrots:
    Taimanin Asagi 3 was translated; didn't even know there was a project for this.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Gerrardgender: ⚧ Arcane

Gerrard
    Parrots:
    u wot m8? I read HF with the voice patch and I don't remember there being any scenes missing voices (apart from the sex scenes obviously). It even has the worms CG with their designs changed from literal disembodied penises. It's been years though, so maybe it's just my memory.

^ Top  
  18. Red Eyegender: ⚧ Learned

Red Eye
    Parrots:
    http://prefundia.com/projects/view/sharin-no-kuni-a-japanese-visual-novel-localization-project/9059/

They're actually trying to make people pay for a special deluxe edition just to access the fucking CG Gallery.

I sincerely hope nobody is retarded enough to fall for this.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Raghargender: ⚧ Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Dangan Ronpa has been released. In case you want to play it. I kinda dislike they:
    Show Spoiler
    Butchered character of one of characters.

^ Top  
  20. Martiusgender: ⚧ Savant

Martius
    Parrots:
    So far I like it, specially Monokuma making fun of first game ending although you could say it spoils major plot twist.

^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Jackgender: ⚧ █▓▒░

Jack
    Parrots:
    NICE.
    :bounce:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Raghargender: ⚧ Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler
    The lucky character. It felt really weird.

^ Top  
  23. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  24. abnaxusgender: ⚧ Arcane

abnaxus
    Parrots:
    It's p. shitty

ah, that explains it

^ Top  
  25. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    That is not important, the important thing is that the sex scenes are intact in the Steam version.

Tho no visible genitalia, I guess that is where steam draws the line?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)