Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

Red Eye

Learned
I liked the setting and characters but it felt like they spent 8 chapters building up the setting and then realised they were out of budget and rushed the ending

TigerKnee

Arcane
I liked the setting and characters but it felt like they spent 8 chapters building up the setting and then realised they were out of budget and rushed the ending
I think that happened in every single part of the series that was translated so far. Funny that

Red Eye

Learned
Softhouse Chara games where you are supposed to start at the EASIEST difficulty, and evade dangerous opponents.

I would like a wizard climber translation.

Who can recognize it?

It's finally out. Protagonist gets punched in the face by the tsundere childhood friend twice within the first 5 minutes. This better not continue.

Plus a 'totally not a machine translation' of Nekohen.

Red Eye

Learned
And then he gets pushed and happens to go face first into some chicks tits.

The gameplay better be good

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I remember the first game where main character was called siscon.

Red Eye

Learned
Two consecutive flops for Eushully.

Not a good sign for their future.

Only bright side is that neither game would have had production costs as expensive as Daiteikoku.

After fucking up from trying too do to much with Kami no Rhapsody last year I have no idea why they though six protagonists was a good idea

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, can't blame them for trying to do something different...

But then again, pirates are kinda boring.

Unless we are talking about Rance of the high seas, which obviously isn't the case here (Eushully game with a good protagonist? LEL)

Also splitting the game into six routes, depending on which char you play? Never gonna work.

Red Eye

Learned
Well, can't blame them for trying to do something different...

But then again, pirates are kinda boring.

Unless we are talking about Rance of the high seas, which obviously isn't the case here (Eushully game with a good protagonist? LEL)

Also splitting the game into six routes, depending on which char you play? Never gonna work.

Selica is pretty decent.

Perkel

Arcane
Zero Escape 3 going to be released 28 of June. Fucking can't wait. 999 was o'right VLR on other hand was amazing and was defo longer than 999 (50h clocked at my 3ds)

Martius

Liturgist

Short gameplay footage. I wonder if it will get any better closer to release since animation looks pretty rough. I guess we could expect that since two previous games lacked any kind of cutscenes.

---

Arcane
This is the last day that in Europe Phoenix Wright Trilogy in on sale (15 €).
Is it worth?

Martius

Liturgist
Since these are three games I would say so unless you really despise visual novels. Here at least there is some interaction during and before trails, although not much.

Martius

Liturgist
Since I expected much bigger delay for english release on pc that sounds great! I just wonder who will be publisher on pc and price. Both Danganronpa were 30 bucks with 10% or 20% discount at launch. Hopefully Zero Time Dillema wont be more than 40$.

Martius

Liturgist
http://store.steampowered.com/app/311240
Release date at end of june Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma is officially confirmed, its even 29 june thanks to difference between time zones. Price is 39.99$, probably same as 3ds/vita version. Bit high but if it will be as good and long as Virtue Last Reward it should be completely worth it, specially for people who finished previous game and 999.

---

Arcane
They released 999 on 3DS? I want to start the series, but it seems that on the eShop there's only Virtue...

Martius

Liturgist
Because so far there are no DS game available digitally for 3ds. There are some for wii u but sadly not much, mostly nintendo games. If you cant get physical copy I would just start from VLR. It will probably be on sale before Zero Time Dilemma release.

Malpercio

Arcane
Worse comes to worse, emulate it on PC.

Also, 3DS is compatible with DS games (not to mention, you should CFW it already since Nintendo Region Lock)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom