Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment walkthrough - no longer a virgin

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
hoping the JUNK, MY JUNK activates a portal,
That's the true essence of Planescape right there; Activating portals with your junk.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Yo Lord Azlan, I’m really happy for you and Imma let you finish but ... you never played the damn Fallout?!

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Yo Lord Azlan, I’m really happy for you and Imma let you finish but ... you never played the damn Fallout?!

I played Fallout 1 and 2 in 2014. However, I did buy the games as they came out and could not get into them.

I left all the CDs in their boxes by my window for many years. That lot included Planescape and also BG and BG2 and Icewind Dale, basically all those games from that stable.

Since I joined the Codex in 2014 I became aware of the top 50-70 RPG and became working my way down.

So I have completed now Fallout 1 and 2 but still have not done PST or any of the BGs.

Here below are the games that I call come under my Codex lifetime:

1 Planescape: Torment (1999) Playing now
2 Fallout 1 (1997) Thumbs up
3 Fallout 2 (1998) Thumbs up

8 Fallout: New Vegas Thumbs up, better than I had originally thought, played to completion

10 Wizardry 8 (2001) Thumbs up,

24 The Witcher Total Crap - unfinished - puke

29 Alpha Protocol Interesting but lame combat, lamer than PST makes the whole thing a joke

40 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Fool me twice, fool me.

47 Arx Fatalis - Fantastic little gem

52 Risen - Lovely gorgeous game.

Still, a long way to go..

Severian Silk

Losing your virginity to Planescape: Torment decreases your % chance of losing your virginity IRL.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
An then further along, I hear the sound of what appears to be one thousand vampire bats..

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
I just grabbed Barr through bars o gate, pinned his arm an threatened to snap it off then shove it up his arse. Benefit o high STR I suppose. After that he let me pass wi out a word every time.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I thought this thread was going to be about the OP losing his virginity thanks to Planescape Torment. What a disappointment this thread was.
I think we all know it's impossible to *lose* one's virginity thanks to PS:T.
:troll:

Stilll a fine thread it is - brings back some memories, so to speak.

Thanks, your post took me to page 4. So I have beaten one of the early predictions but I begin to think I have taken on more than I can chew.

If I pause for a moment. The game is nothing like I thought. It seems hideously complex and can't imagine how anyone can play it just without reading everything. The ideas and images, and maybe more importantly, the characters I have met so far is unprecedented.

I meet someone and go wow, that is so interesting and before I can close my mouth, another one comes along.

I have not played BG or any of its children but I have played both Fallouts.

I have a great affinity with the Fallout setting and Wasteland game that preceded it but so far there is no competition when asking what is the superior RPG.

Whether I still think that at the end or my end we shall see.

At the moment still has a way to match Bards Tale 1, Ultima 4, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and the ultimate RPG Championship/ Football Manager :)

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
As I leave Pharod's Court I wonder if I have made any progress at all. I think my crew is holding me back.

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Thanks, your post took me to page 4. So I have beaten one of the early predictions but I begin to think I have taken on more than I can chew.

Heh, you probably have. But if it's any consolation, you are actually the first to do a let's play of Torment on this forum; probably because it is heavily story driven and doesn't lend it self to showcase either superior gaming skills or open ended roleplaying. The only thing to showcase is the marvel of playing it for the first time and so far you're doing a great job relaying that feeling.

I have a great affinity with the Fallout setting and Wasteland game that preceded it but so far there is no competition when asking what is the superior RPG.

Whether I still think that at the end or my end we shall see.

At the moment still has a way to match Bards Tale 1, Ultima 4, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and the ultimate RPG Championship/ Football Manager :)

There are lots of things to criticize about PS:T and the game has been picked apart and put back together countless times on these boards. Just try to refrain from reading these in depths analyses before finishing the game at least once.

Some points here that are pissing me off a bit.

Dak'kon seems to only gain 1 HP on level up
Quints shop seems to crash the game to kingdom come
He is a multi-class character. So he get's half a dice for each level-up within that class. So that's 1d8 /2 for fighter and 1d4 /2 for mage. There is a tweak that gives max-hp on level-up, though that really is a bit much. Personally I often use a 'house-rule' with infinity games of allowing 3 reloads and then picking the best of three. (rule of three, see?)

As I leave Pharod's Court I wonder if I have made any progress at all. I think my crew is holding me back.
You know you can talk to your companions just like you talk with other NPC's, right?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am conflicted here. I want to make a suggestion to Lord Azlan, but I do not want to spoil anything, whether it be small or large in terms of significance.

Regarding the Golden Sphere, and that you can get it back at a certain point.

Athelas

Arcane
I hope you're not playing this without the mandatory mods, because it means you will have a weaker experience (IIRC party banter is bugged and rarely triggers without the fixpack, just to name an example).

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
I hope you're not playing this without the mandatory mods, because it means you will have a weaker experience (IIRC party banter is bugged and rarely triggers without the fixpack, just to name an example).
I've already noticed a few instances where he described content from unfinished business, so I assume he installed the fixpack as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom