Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment walkthrough - no longer a virgin

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I also came across what I thought was a bug where the game seemed to present me the same dialogue choice twice and that was very confusing.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
I seem to find the character of Ingress the most interesting by a mile so far. I suspect she is just ANOTHER MISSION to gain 250 XP or something. Her her backstory was just so fascinating. Next I would give a silver to Dhall and I really like Pox.

Every character an quest has another side to em, Ingress isn't just there as a quest, she's also there to teach you about portals an keys in a well designed way that doesn't need shit loads of dry exposition because its interesting hearing her story. Vaxis the fake zombie was there to affirm alignment, if you're chaotic an doing strange shit like talking to the dead you'll discover him, if you're lawful or neutral you might not, or do so later, as you'll just examine him an move on. Pox is there to show you a Collector, how pathetic they are an give you their view on Pharod an their trade, as well as a back way into the Mortuary, etc.

This is damn good design if you ask me, give us interesting shit that reinforces world and players interest in it, an do it organically rather than dump dry exposition on us. Also tie it up in quest gameplay so you're rewarded for exploration an discovery. You can see how this evolves into New Vegas: Dead Money and thats why i'd like to see this kinda design used more.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I seem to find the character of Ingress the most interesting by a mile so far. I suspect she is just ANOTHER MISSION to gain 250 XP or something. Her her backstory was just so fascinating. Next I would give a silver to Dhall and I really like Pox.

This is damn good design if you ask me, give us interesting shit that reinforces world and players interest in it, an do it organically rather than dump dry exposition on us. Also tie it up in quest gameplay so you're rewarded for exploration an discovery. You can see how this evolves into New Vegas: Dead Money and thats why i'd like to see this kinda design used more.

Thanks for the heads up. Began to like New Vegas after I joined the Codex and tried all the DLC except this one. I reckon I have done them in the wrong order. Will certainly try Dead Money now.

himmy

Arcane
I thought he was having sex while someone else played Torment in the background.

OP: So,what did you lose your virginity to?

Friend: Maaan, it must have been Led Zeppelin II. How about you?

OP: Nevermind.

Friend: Nirvana?

OP: No, literally, let's just move on with the conversation.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Let's pause for a little minute then. Let me sit down in this bar in this strange place.

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Just how far ahead are you in the game before doing your write-up? When you first met Ingriss I noticed that the screenshot stated you already met Candrian.

Good stuff btw, really enjoying it.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Just how far ahead are you in the game before doing your write-up? When you first met Ingriss I noticed that the screenshot stated you already met Candrian.

Good stuff btw, really enjoying it.

I am typing as I play basically, so the last write up about Ingress' teeth just happened now. In my play through I just finished talking to everyone one else in the bar and will update that soon.

The screenshots and images are a problem, I don't have the savvy to take pictures from the PC - what is a good way of doing that? Would solve a lot of problems as I waste a lot of time searching the web for pictures. Thanks for noticing the Ingress pic - will see if I can find another one.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
The screenshots and images are a problem, I don't have the savvy to take pictures from the PC - what is a good way of doing that?
With Fraps you can make manual screenshots by pressing F10 or you can configure it to make screenshots at a certain interval. No doubt there are more programs out there, but as far as I know, Fraps is free and does the job.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
The screenshots and images are a problem, I don't have the savvy to take pictures from the PC - what is a good way of doing that?
With Fraps you can make manual screenshots by pressing F10 or you can configure it to make screenshots at a certain interval. No doubt there are more programs out there, but as far as I know, Fraps is free and does the job.

Hmmm, seems FRAPS stops the game from working. It freezes and the mouse does not move. Will have a look at some others.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Okay. MY BAD.

F

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom