Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Viking Newsletter!

Discussion in 'Expeditions' started by Atomical, Jan 28, 2016.

1. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    hnggggg

^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Sensukigender: ⚧ Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Oh good another closed beta count me in Avonaeon

^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Jack Dandygender: ⚧ Arcane

Jack Dandy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Awesome! I was hoping for many new combat skills.

^ Top  
  5. HoboForEternitygender: ⚧ Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
  6. Mark Richardgender: ⚧ Savant

Mark Richard
    Parrots:
    Whoever said 'size doesn't matter' wasn't on the wrong end of that bloody huge axe.

^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Barbariangender: ⚧ Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    I loved Conquistador after playing it recently and I am looking forward to this.

A question though: will I be forced to play as a monk-killing odin-worshipping shitpusher or will I be able to side with the Christians and abandon the heathen ways? I am remided that the normans came to be just like that(in France off course, but still).

^ Top  
  8. Atomicalgender: ⚧ Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    That is a good question. There are three major factions in Expeditions: Viking, the Vikings, the Northumbrians, and the Picts. You're able to side with any one of the three factions based on your actions and choices.

^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again ERYFKRADgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Can you piss off all factions?

^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Barbariangender: ⚧ Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    Awesome, but is religious conversion/baptism in the game? I know you guys didn't include it in Conquistador for some reason, but here it is even more important. At the end of the day the most succesfull vikings were the ones who converted and settled down. Rollo being the prime example. Siding with the Christians and not abandoning paganism doesn't make much sense.

^ Top  
  11. Avonaeongender: ⚧ Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    Since you play as a viking, that's pretty much what siding with the viking faction does.

No, that's not in the game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Barbariangender: ⚧ Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    Sounds tacky! But I will give you a vote of confidence and still support your game.

Conquistador was one of the most welcome suprises in gaming I had the last few years. Tried the game with very little expectations and enjoyed myself greatly.

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again ERYFKRADgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Can you piss off vikings, northumbrians and picts all at once?

^ Top  
  14. Avonaeongender: ⚧ Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    By failing at everything, I suppose you can. Joking aside, you're a viking, part of the viking faction so to speak. So if your question is whether you can leave your faction and become your own faction (So that you can, as you say, piss off everyone), then the answer is no.

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again ERYFKRADgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
  16. Make America Great Again Barbariangender: ⚧ Arcane

Barbarian
    Parrots:
    I enjoyed the way amerindian and colonial myths were presented in Conquistador(El dorado, the gate of the dead, etc). Will you be doing the same for norse paganism? Will Celtic Christianity and also Anglo-Saxon myths get a little love as well?

Is the release still set to Q1 2017?

^ Top  
  17. Avonaeongender: ⚧ Logic Artists Developer

Avonaeon
    Parrots:
    Not quite in the same ways, but yes, we do explore some myths.

We'll be releasing a press release soon.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    February Newsletter: http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=8430a702915dc85c54a9bdad1&id=fa352894dc&e=fd715c3a5c

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Atomical Both of those links point to Twitch!

^ Top  
  20. Atomicalgender: ⚧ Logic Artists Developer

Atomical
    Parrots:
    Dang it! how about this one for Facebook?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    March Newsletter: http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=8430a702915dc85c54a9bdad1&id=61c3fa901a&e=fd715c3a5c

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    April Newsletter: http://mailchi.mp/logicartists/expeditions-viking-april-newsletter?e=fd715c3a5c

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)