Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vigilantes released on Steam Early Access

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I was born in Belfast, but most of my people are from County Down. Ah Donegal, have taken the train out there many a time for a spot of rest & peace. A lovely place. My favourite Irish singer, Paul Brady, is a Donegal son, so he is.

Haven't been in Belfast in years - yeah, Donegal's nice if you like countryside and don't mind the rain :)

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
This might be just be for me, as most everything after Jagged Alliance
has been post-modern decline. With a lost glimmer of hope here and there.
Tickles me the right way. And I need to pass the time until Barkley Gaiden releases.:cool:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ok just bc the fandom sucks for tøp doesn't mean you have to be assholes towards every person that listens to them lmfao, if someone likes listening to something then let them listen to it without being so critical. the world doesn't revolve around you, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. stop being dicks just because you dont like something.

set

Cipher
Can anyone describe the kind of tactical RPG it is? Are you given a main story thread you need to follow, is it like JA2 with a generic objective on a large map? How much story content and characterized characters are there, or is it more of a sandbox?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Hi Set. I'm the developer, so my take isn't going to be the most objective :)

It's more structurally similar to X-Com (original) or Jagged Alliance. Objective is to track down 3 gang bosses. To do this, you need to defeat enemies and interrogate your way up the chain. So mid level gang members can tell you about lieutenants, and lieutenants can give you info on bosses. It's based in Reiker City, represented by an 8x8 grid, with most districts occupied by gangs. Story wise, there's more emphasis on world and character building than plot. Story will probably land in the range of 40k words. Some of this is voiced cutscene (~3-4k), the rest is pre combat dialogue (and some non combat encounters) where you can use skills to get tactical advantages, or bonuses. There will be 6-8 allies, and they are better defined than X-Com (well that's not hard) or Jagged Alliance characters, with their own voiced intro and unique set of barks. Here's the intro for Ray Case, who can be recruited, and Cuda, who provides you with hardware.

Mechanically, it's got more in common with the 90s TB games, and the character system is most similar to Fallout.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Wanted to share a couple of the first impressions / let's plays of Vigilantes so you can see the game in action:

Playthrough of first 3 missions by ReformistTM

A 5 minute preview by Vlodril

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer

A summary of features & let's play of a later level by Nookrium

No commentary let's play of first few levels by tr1ppa

A look at first few levels by Razors Edge

worldsmith

Savant
While this music's OK:

I prefer the original version:

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom