Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Forgot to mention, have set up a Steam store page for Vigilantes here, in case you'd like to stay tuned, or wishlist. No definite timeline for a Steam release, but putting in as many hours as possible to get it there.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You know what is big budget? Dragon Age Inquisition! You know what is low budget? Legend of Grimrock. I know which I'd rather play.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
You know what is big budget? Dragon Age Inquisition! You know what is low budget? Legend of Grimrock. I know which I'd rather play.

Am with you on that - a big budget doesn't necessitate a good game, at best it gives an indication of production value. Haven't played Inquisition (though I have a copy tucked away for Christmas) - is it not up to much? Thanks for the wishlist, anvi !

Game looks great from the videos and artwork. Just wondering, are you based in Northern Ireland? Your accent sounds like it
Thanks PulsatingBrain - I'm based in Letterkenny, in northwest Ireland.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Haven't played Inquisition (though I have a copy tucked away for Christmas) - is it not up to much?

It is like a single player MMO, but not a good one. And the combat is all about pressing a button and watching everything explode.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Awesome! I'm from Belfast, so it's great to see a developer from Ireland. Game wishlisted

Ah, you're only up the road. Thank you PulsatingBrain

It is like a single player MMO, but not a good one. And the combat is all about pressing a button and watching everything explode.

Good to know. Enjoyed Origins, replayed it around a year ago. Will probably pick up a backup game for christmas, in case I don't like it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good to know. Enjoyed Origins, replayed it around a year ago. Will probably pick up a backup game for christmas, in case I don't like it.
You're probably better off playing something like Serpent in the Staglands instead. Hell, even Age of Decadence.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Currently testing version 11. If all goes well, should be available around this weekend.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Here's a look at the content side of the changes for Vigilantes V11. If all goes well, should be available tomorrow. If doesn't, most likely Monday.

orcinator

Liturgist
So is there a concrete plan for making the combat not terrible?

Because I tried the demo and this game has absolutely nothing going for it aside from an uncommon setting.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Sorry to hear you didn't like it. Would you like to provide a concrete explanation for why you felt the combat is terrible?

Last edited:

Severian Silk

A lot of nice TB tactics games lately. Unfortunately, none of them are within my budget (< $10).

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
A lot of nice TB tactics games lately. Unfortunately, none of them are within my budget (< $10).

I agree. It's good to see the genre coming back in a big way. Vigilantes was €8 on KS early bird, and is $11 now, but it isn't a full game experience yet. Hopefully you'll find something good in the upcoming sales!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom