Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vigilantes, a crime-themed turn-based tactical RPG, now on Kickstarter

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems to be doing pretty well. Considering the relatively low funding goal, i am optimistic.

Havent chip in yet, i dunno when will my credit request will be approved.

Do you plan to have post-kickstarter backer trough pay pal or something? Probably will chip in then. If not, least i can do is buy the gane when it comes out

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Yeah it's going fairly well so far, almost at 23% now. I'm not sure how much support will drop off in the coming days/weeks. I was afraid it would be sitting on €30 after a week, but it's a nice feeling that it's gotten this far. I think it's gotten a lot of support from RPGCodex, something I'm very grateful for.

Yes, will continue to sell it through my own website. It will be a little more expensive than the standard KS price, roughly halfway between that and the release price.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah it's going fairly well so far, almost at 23% now. I'm not sure how much support will drop off in the coming days/weeks. I was afraid it would be sitting on €30 after a week, but it's a nice feeling that it's gotten this far. I think it's gotten a lot of support from RPGCodex, something I'm very grateful for.

Yes, will continue to sell it through my own website. It will be a little more expensive than the standard KS price, roughly halfway between that and the release price.
It goes without saying that you should be telling every website and gaming forum about this KS. And you should be doing that every day for as long as the KS is going on. Your full time job now is to promote this KS.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
It goes without saying that you should be telling every website and gaming forum about this KS. And you should be doing that every day for as long as the KS is going on. Your full time job now is to promote this KS.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Still have a lot of things to do though, and places to post/contect. I had a lot of my contact with press and let's player's ready for day 1, waiting to be sent, so that made it more managable. I've pretty much worked 12 hour days since launching.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
i will help spread some stuff to other forums too. last time, copper dreams got decent reception in some boards on gamefaqs

Thank you HoboForEternity! If anyone see anyone talking about Vigilantes, please give me a ping!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
sure. just posted at the PC message board and some social message boards. mostly just the link the to KS and greenlight, also short write-ups of my impressions of the alpha.

wish you guys good luck sir
:salute:

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Thanks a lot HoboForEternity. That's very kind of you :)

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Thank you GuiltyofBeingTrite - I appreciate the support. Yes, there's been a lot of support from the codex 14.4% of the funding so far came from here! And I'm always happy to talk about my obsessions : )

On the other side, they have a...drug rehabilitation centre, which provides the raw recruits for the less legitimate side of their operations, which focuses on... the sale of a drug called Elysium.

Wait, do they sell the same drug that they rehabilitate people from? How insidious.

Yeah I know, it would be like if nicotine companies sold their product to one group of related corporate entities (i.e. largely the same shareholders, at some of the directors are on boards of both companies to facilitate cooperation, etc) to make a deadly addictive drug that you inhale, so evil that the actual system by which you ingest it has massively harmful effects even separately to the drug itself, and then at the same time sold their product to another bunch of related corporate entities who make patches and gum used to help the people addicted to the former substance taper and quit.

Black

Arcane
Neat, I consider myself an internet vigilante so I'll be looking forward to this.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
So here's the thing. Even if it's not in the demo, the strategic layer seems like an essential part of the game that provides context and meaning to the tactical combat (esp. since there's no exploration/interaction), so you really really ought to talk about it in your pitch, even if it's mostly aspirational and subject to change. That above paragraph needs to be expanded on and put on your campaign page somewhere, because there are too many juicy titbits.
Ok, so the trade off is time vs. intel, and the conversion rate is surveillance skill. What is intel used for? If surveillance is a character skill, do multiple characters surveil in multiple locations?

Have update the project with extra info on surveillance. Cheers for pointing that out!

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
more than half funded now!

congrats man. i hope it doesnt lose steam

Thanks HoboForEternity - got a big pledge yesterday - that really helped to move things forward! At 94% of the way to the top 100 on Steam also, a few dozen more votes should put Vigilantes into the top 100, which is a good place to be when Valve starts greenlighting games : )

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
That's very similar to the major plot twist of
, is that where the inspiration came from?

Edit: Just remembered that is what happened with
Scanner Darkly
I've read it twice probably around 5 years ago was the last time, and seen the movie. It wasn't a conscious choice, but it is quite possible that's where the idea originated.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom