Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Ooh, cheap.

Will go up a little in price for final release, hoping to get some interest in EA to get a bigger base of feedback to work with

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Did some initial testing.
Performance is much improved since early demo.
I will play more during weekend.

Nice intro btw.

Yeah, a few people have mentioned that re performance. I removed a lot of the debugging information for the release - will be able to push this further for the final game. Glad you liked the intro - getting the voice right for the character is one of those things that's really hard to make a call on.

Kuattro

Augur
Ohh... that map immediately gave me a Chaos Overlords tingle. That's a good tingle.

I mean the game might very well be nothing like Chaos Overlords, but the good vibrations are there already.

Here I go again, buying an Early Access game.

Why must you tempt me so, you dirty, dirty teases.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Ohh... that map immediately gave me a Chaos Overlords tingle. That's a good tingle.

I mean the game might very well be nothing like Chaos Overlords, but the good vibrations are there already.

Here I go again, buying an Early Access game.

Why must you tempt me so, you dirty, dirty teases.

I haven't played it so, can't give you a good answer there, but I hope you enjoy playing!

ushas

Savant
Went to check the steam page, there is first (recommended) review by Vlodril. Think he also made a video during Kickstarter

Anyway, he linked his EA preview:

Edit: Neat introduction. And cool accent:)

Last edited:

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Yeah, Vlodril has covered the game since very early on, maybe as far back as version 3 or 4

ushas

Savant

Think I've read about it somewhere, it's a TB strategy about gangs, right?... (lol, having it in the wishlist)

gog said:
In this futuristic/cyberpunk themed game, you control a handful of gangs and try to take control of parts of the city...

... 8x8 grid that represents city blocks... all of the squares are randomized in each game...
uh

chaos.png

uh

Any resemblance is purely coincidental!

Kuattro

Augur

Having player a bit of Vigilantes, I can say they are completely different games, that's for sure.

But I swear to God, if Timeslip had told me that Chaos Overlords had been an inspiration for Vigilantes, I wouldn't have been surprised at all.

The gameplay is nothing alike, neither is the art style, but the spirit of the game, the ambience... that plus the map, as soon as I started I thought for sure that it had been it's inspiration.

Turns out it was a coincidence. An extraordinary one, though.

lightbane

Arcane
Dammit, I usually refrain from buying Early Access games to avoid obvious traps, but this one is making it quite tempting... Can we have a vague date about when will the full game be released?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can we have a vague date about when will the full game be released?

It's right there in the Early Access FAQ: http://store.steampowered.com/app/545600/Vigilantes/

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We expect to complete Vigilantes in Q2 2018. Our typical release schedule is one per month, and we create 1-2 development videos in this time frame, to keep you up to date. We're highly committed to making the best game possible, so given sufficient support in Early Access, we are open to the possibility of extending development, to increase the scope of Vigilantes.”

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer

Having player a bit of Vigilantes, I can say they are completely different games, that's for sure.

But I swear to God, if Timeslip had told me that Chaos Overlords had been an inspiration for Vigilantes, I wouldn't have been surprised at all.

The gameplay is nothing alike, neither is the art style, but the spirit of the game, the ambience... that plus the map, as soon as I started I thought for sure that it had been it's inspiration.

Turns out it was a coincidence. An extraordinary one, though.

I'm really going to have to check Chaos Overlords out now : )

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Dammit, I usually refrain from buying Early Access games to avoid obvious traps, but this one is making it quite tempting... Can we have a vague date about when will the full game be released?

If all goes well, and assuming no further scope increases - it should be Q2 2018. Obviously delays can happen, but from my perspective the idea of not finishing the game is unthinkable. People have trusted us on Kickstarter, and now on Steam, and we take that seriously. It would make the last 3 years of my life a wasted effort and effectively meaningless.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
In other words, maybe by end of 2018.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility, and it will definitely take longer if we push the scope of the game a little more. It's easy enough to predict what can be achieved in a month, more difficult over longer periods of time. We'll keep at it until it is over the line though.

ushas

Savant
Obviously, I can't vouch for people I don't know and you would be fools to believe me, but based on the several past months following, if I would be forced to pick a dev to be reliable with release and open in case of delays, it would be Timeslip.

Uff, now back to inane posting.
And one more:

...so I posted on the forums... and within, I don't know 20 seconds, I had an answer from the dev...

:lol:
Timeslip, I recommend to add a few veggies to your gunpowder diet. Fiber is known for its slowing-down-digestion effect.

Mr. Razor posted a second look video today:

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Obviously, I can't vouch for people I don't know and you would be fools to believe me, but based on the several past months following, if I would be forced to pick a dev to be reliable with release and open in case of delays, it would be Timeslip.

Uff, now back to inane posting.
And one more:
...so I posted on the forums... and within, I don't know 20 seconds, I had an answer from the dev...

:lol:
Timeslip, I recommend to add a few veggies to your gunpowder diet. Fiber is known for its slowing-down-digestion effect.

Mr. Razor posted a second look video today:

Appreciate the vote of confidence : ) Ha, have been stuck to the desk for most of the last 24 hours, eyes are burned out of my head :)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Timeslip, have your butts turned to stone yet? When i sit long, the first organ to give up is butt, then after i sleep, i wake uo with sore backside that last for a day to several

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Timeslip, have your butts turned to stone yet? When i sit long, the first organ to give up is butt, then after i sleep, i wake uo with sore backside that last for a day to several

Ha! Neck's the worst, really need to get out for a long walk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom