Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victoria II: A House Divided

That's a no on the Dutch. Also a no on Czechoslovakia, Slovakia, and Bohemia if you were wondering (fucking Balkanizing the Austrians doesn't work... take the land by FORCE!)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Now for the technical explanation:

When you form Germany, you are forming a Cultural Union country, in this case the Union country for German cultural group. All countries that have a primary culture in your culture group that are part of your SoI will join the new Union country. The reason why Netherlands, Czechslovakia, Bohemia-Moravia or Slovakia won't join is because their primary culture is NOT part of the German culture group. However, this also means that if Luxembourg is in your SoI during Three Hurrahs, it will join as their primary culture is North German, with French as the accepted culture.

Though bear in mind, Luxembourg is the ONLY optional German country for the union that you actually have a chance to get. The only other possible addition is Austria, and good luck getting them into a SoI without a shitload of work. However, if Austria joins, you'll get all of their provinces, even ones that if independent wouldn't be German culture.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Now for the technical explanation:

When you form Germany, you are forming a Cultural Union country, in this case the Union country for German cultural group. All countries that have a primary culture in your culture group that are part of your SoI will join the new Union country. The reason why Netherlands, Czechslovakia, Bohemia-Moravia or Slovakia won't join is because their primary culture is NOT part of the German culture group. However, this also means that if Luxembourg is in your SoI during Three Hurrahs, it will join as their primary culture is North German, with French as the accepted culture.

Though bear in mind, Luxembourg is the ONLY optional German country for the union that you actually have a chance to get. The only other possible addition is Austria, and good luck getting them into a SoI without a shitload of work. However, if Austria joins, you'll get all of their provinces, even ones that if independent wouldn't be German culture.

Austria is easy to get in even with the changes in AHD. Just keep piling on acquire states wargoals (my personal favorites are Bohemia, Moravia, Slovakia). With the new justification system, patience, and some luck all can be gathered without crossing the badboy threshold in a single war. Besides with the NGF and Germany its ridiculously easy to deal with containment wars.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actually they may have gone too far in the other direction as far as rebellions go. It's 1870 in my game and I only had one (Jacobins, of course), and it was limited to recently conquered Alsace-Lorraine. As far as political reforms, I did landed voting just because... well, I don't know, just because. I can't enact any public reforms yet, but I think if I enact some other political ones (press and unions especially) those will open up.

Well in my Game i have had some Major and Minor Rebelions as Prussia, but i think there are to few.
I ran NGF with a iron fist and allowed nothing and i only had 2 Major Rebellions and a handful of Minors I am at 1890 now.

I did see the Jacobies take a chance and Rebel in Russia mid war after i had crushed most of there Army's.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is Fixing my issues.

Naval rally point and better borders are something i am looking forward to. Over all seem's like a good patch.

I haven't had a single problem with pop growth as NGF, despite not passing many reforms. 1867 and the pop is up to 8.8m and it grows by about 200 a day.

Vaarna_Aarne

I haven't had a single problem with pop growth as NGF, despite not passing many reforms. 1867 and the pop is up to 8.8m and it grows by about 200 a day.
Take a look at it ten years later. Without territorial conquest, I'd wager your population has actually DECLINED from 8.8 million. As far as my observations go, the display for pop growth numbers is fucked too and doesn't reflect the reality.

Hard to tell because I have a ton of conquest and now colonies (first to research machine guns means first to Africa bitches). It may be the case... I'll check in a bit, although I know I have craftsmen out the ass in a ton of places... I haven't noticed any pop problems, but then again, I haven't been paying too close attention.

Eyeball

Arcane
I might actually be interested in getting this, if two things have been changed:

1. Is the game any less biased in favour of the big 8 now? Because in Vicky 2 they get even MORE arbitrary bonuses besides their huge armies and excellent economies just because they happen to rank among the top 8 nations, which made playing a minor nation even less appealing than before and severely hurting replayability.

2. Is the "influence" subgame still mind-numbingly tedious and faggotassy?

Harpsichord

Arcane
1. Is the game any less biased in favour of the big 8 now? Because in Vicky 2 they get even MORE arbitrary bonuses besides their huge armies and excellent economies just because they happen to rank among the top 8 nations, which made playing a minor nation even less appealing than before and severely hurting replayability.
It's too broken to really say at this point honestly. Until pop growth and a few really fundamental values like that get tuned out the results are going to remain wonky. At least, in every game I've played that's been the case. I managed to get to #5 as Japan though.
Yes, it's still the same brand of awful. The good news is that you gain influence quicker and so the whole thing kinda happens faster. Meaning that you have to spend less time on it and on top of that the interface now allows you to see who has how much influence in the countries you are focusing on from the map screen, so you don't have to sit there and eye the diplomacy menu waiting for the numbers to count up...at least not so closely.

Vaarna_Aarne

I might actually be interested in getting this, if two things have been changed:

I addressed the first points in my mod for Vicky 2, since they're prime concerns for me. I will do the same for AHD once they patch it first (it's broken on release).

In short, no, they didn't fix them. Actually, because pop growth and pop promotion are broken, it's even worse now, since it means the GPs that start with high literacy are god-tier now since raising literacy has become impossible and you can't achieve anything at all because population only increases via territorial conquest now (since the pop growth mechanic appears to be broken, and no pop actually grows).

Quilty

Magister
How can I outlaw slavery as CSA? The option is greyed out.

Quilty

Magister
Oh, I see. I guess that makes it much harder, then. With an overwhelming majority of conservative voters, I'm not allowed to pass reforms, so basically all I can hope for is either a very high militancy or maybe an increased desire for outlawed slavery among the people?

And the USA keeps breathing down my neck, just waiting to pounce while I'm dicking around with conservatives...

Vaarna_Aarne

No, it was the fact that Slavery could be outlawed in CSA just like that in the first place, while it should be a more difficult reform to pass there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom