Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Victoria II: A House Divided

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by MasterSmithFandango, Feb 2, 2012.

1. MasterSmithFandangogender: ⚧ Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Well, it's out and I'm downloading now. For us grognards, I figure we should share our impressions and discuss any and all improvements that have been made, as well as things that are still lacking. I'm off to class, but today will be a day of rapaciously stomping through Europe with my mighty Prussian forces!

The wait is over!

^ Top  
  2. I'm With Her Vaarna_Aarnegender: ⚧ for prison Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Parrots:
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Let's see what we can see...

^ Top  
  3. CrimsonAngelgender: ⚧ Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Parrots:
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    My version is bugged. I have huge slow downs and lag in the game.

^ Top  
  4. I'm With Her Vaarna_Aarnegender: ⚧ for prison Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Parrots:
    Downloading.

Also, I have a prediction on CK2: It will take 2-5 hours until the first Pagan/Muslim playability mod.

^ Top  
  5. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Malakalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Malakal
    Parrots:
    I look forward to promised better economy and performance. Esp. economy since Naselus took part in creating this.

^ Top  
  7. I'm With Her Vaarna_Aarnegender: ⚧ for prison Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Parrots:
    Seems a lot of the game is "under the hood", in that the changes aren't first-glance obvious. Not many new events and decisions, for example. Once I can sit for long enough, I'll play a full campaign or two, see what stuff to port over from my mod.

^ Top  
  8. 20 Eyesgender: ⚧ Liturgist

20 Eyes
    Parrots:
    I'm going to get this eventually, but I think I might wait until a patch or two unless AHD is already stellar.

^ Top  
  9. currygender: ⚧ Arcane

curry
    Parrots:
    No torrent available yet. :smug:

^ Top  
  10. CrimsonAngelgender: ⚧ Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Parrots:
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    ARGH it seems i am the only one that has this bug i am dealing with in game.

Every thing is running very slow after i select and army, but not when i select 2 or more armys at a time and it starts lowing DOWN fast.

^ Top  
  11. spectregender: ⚧ Arcane

spectre
    Parrots:
    Damn. One of these days I need to get into them paradox games. Shame that they focus on grand strategy, I prefer smaller scale.

^ Top  
  12. CrimsonAngelgender: ⚧ Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Parrots:
    Pick a small country and go from there.
    Also Crusader Kings 2 Comes out the 12th. In that you can keep things a lot more LOW scale.

It is more about running a Dynasty then it is about painting the map in your color, but if you want to then you can go and become Emperor and KING with a ton of vassals, but it is not the only thing it is about.

^ Top  
  13. MasterSmithFandangogender: ⚧ Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Parrots:
    The UI improvements are awesome, and rally points and auto-merging is terrific. Haven't tried to forge my own DOW yet (playing as Prussia and it's only 1841) but I like the idea. I also like that it shows how an occupation or battle is going without having to click on the units involved. I think they did something to mobilization to limit it, but I've only fought Denmark so it hasn't really come up yet... I suppose I'll find out when I fight Austria. The inclusion of suppression points is pretty awesome too, hopefully that prevents the endless rebel spawns (god damn Jacobins), and they also made some changes to British India to make it less... OP (They set most of the coasts up as uncolonized). I'm curious to see how things shake out with the changes they made to China, but yeah, so far it seems like Vicky II, just better.

^ Top  
  14. Harpsichordgender: ⚧ Arcane

Harpsichord
    Parrots:
    Yeah, I'm loving the UI improvements. Apart from what FSM mentions, I'm a huge fan of the national focus showing what percentage of total pop the pop I'm focusing on represents, as well as the ability to assign focuses from the population screen. This makes it much less choresome to achieve the proper rations of clerks, bureaucrats, and clergy.

I also feel like they got the balance between the Union and the CSA just about right in the 1861 start point. The Union starts out at a big advantage, but you can indeed win if you mobilize quick and make every fight count. I managed to win a white peace after 2 years and am currently having a bugger of a time making the CSA stand on it's own two feet in the post-war era, loving every minute of it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    we need a monocle shattering codex AHD MP game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. currygender: ⚧ Arcane

curry
    Parrots:
    It's on Bay :smug:

^ Top  
  17. Malakalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Malakal
    Parrots:
    Wont happen, we tried with V2, EU3 and even Civ 4. There is simply no one to host such a game.

^ Top  
  18. Mutygender: ⚧ Liturgist Patron

Muty
    Parrots:
    Wasteland 2 BattleTech
    I can host one. I just finished downloading AHD.

^ Top  
  19. I'm With Her Vaarna_Aarnegender: ⚧ for prison Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Parrots:
    I'd say EU3 is the better choice, it's more MP friendly, since in Vicky 2 you'd need to keep the game paused A LOT.

^ Top  
  20. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    well think of it as speed chess. also, i think at constant "one uparrow" pace it's acceptable.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Malakalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Malakal
    Parrots:
    You dont NEED pauses you just wont play properly and bigger nations will have "administrative" issues. Actually that could work as an anti blobbing measure and give better chances to smaller nations.

^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Renegengender: ⚧ Arcane

Renegen
    Parrots:
    Yeah seriously, a little bit more leadership in this matter and we could have a host in notime.

^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    What we need to make a Vicky2 or EU3 game is to find somewhere akin to Hamachi; If you want to talk with the Codexers, you just open hamachi, enter the network and bam, you're there and so's everyone. Using Skype, we have to go around chasing each other through the internet and then adding each other. Also, skype is crap for text chat and I don't like voice chat.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. MasterSmithFandangogender: ⚧ Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Parrots:
    codex diversity squad?

^ Top  
  25. Mutygender: ⚧ Liturgist Patron

Muty
    Parrots:
    Wasteland 2 BattleTech
    yes, lets use the stupid steam group. Most of us are there anyway.

Just install steam and join the codex diversity squad group.

EDIT: TO be honest I'm a bit burned out of playing EU3 mp and with the new expansion I am more than eager to start a vicky game. Also ck2 is coming in 9 days.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)