Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News VGX 2013: South Park and Witcher 3 Trailers

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How is Obsidian going to port that thumbstick waggling to mouse and keyboard? Are we getting another Alpha Protocol hacking-minigame situation? :)

I still wonder how dynamical real time combat can also be tactical
You can see examples with quality games such as Demon's/Dark Souls. Probably not Witcher 3, which is looking a lot more like Arkham Hunt.

Luzur

Good Sir
Nice jrpg armor there, King of the Hunt. :M Reminds me of Golbez.

tumblr_lbdfzgoHpK1qah32do1_500.png

reminded me more of Sarevok.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Just imagine the guy going to a blacksmith and telling how he wants his armor...
Oh you. Next time we discuss armour design in Bravely Default. You had it coming. :P
If you have to compare european RPGs armor designs with jRPGs, you already lost bro. ;)

Who said anything about comparing? Just criticising. :troll:

BTW, those pieces of armour are contextually meant to be blown out of all proportions. May I remind you that TWitcher games are pretty much famous for their exquisite item design?

Whoa, South Park, they really worked hard to create an unappealing trailer.
I'm looking forward for SP, I like the show and its low brow humor, but this trailer was just disgusting. I fear that every second thing you will do in the game will involve farting.

That was a particular combat spell Cartman was teaching the kid, who knows. In any case, the Paper Mario-like commands please me.

Shannow

Waster of Time
I'm just glad Obsidian managed to put QTE into South Park's core mechanic. Turn based combat would have been so boring and un-immersive otherwise. After Dungeon Siege 3 I got some controllers. So this time I'll not have to bitch if the consol port does not support free key binding. Yay, so hyped right now!
Actually South Park went from:"Will torrent, and buy if it's any good" to "Do I really want to even bother?"

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Wild Hunt sounds and looks like shit. What's wrong potatoes, got no creativity left anymore?

I like how all the South Park trailers (and latest episodes the show) take a piss on Obsidian.

"...that some ass-holes in California haven't even finished working on!" (talking about pre-ordering)

Cartman: "Screw video games! Who fucking needs them? Fuck them!"
Narrator: "The South Park video game coming to stores soon!"
Butters: "Yeah, and if you believe that I've got a big floppy weener to dangle in your face"

"How badly were you raped?" (in a South Park game trailer, talking about the game)

ColCol

Arcane
They should of thrown a curve ball with the armor design and replaced all the spikes with penises.

I have a feeling that after the release South Park is going to add gaming pop culture to their "satire" roster, I'm cringing already.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
@ South Park trailer
Great, more farting. Just what this game needed to convince me I won't like it at all. Obsidian's writers have clearly put a lot of effort into this.

@ The Witcher 3
All this hype for a one-minute trailer with a few 2-second long in-game shots. Wow. At least the city looks nice. I'm guessing it's Oxenfurt.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
@ The Witcher 3
All this hype for a one-minute trailer with a few 2-second long in-game shots. Wow. At least the city looks nice. I'm guessing it's Oxenfurt.
The whole trailer is made in-game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Updated some links in OP. Viacom are jealous of their copyrights.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom