Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vast hour and half long Fallout 4 analysis

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Fallout 4 is a great game and the fact that some autistic nerd actually spent an hour and a half nitpicking irrelevant shit like the main story is further testimony to its greatness.
Have you watched video? Beceause what you are saying is shit.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why the fuck would I waste time watching it? I've played dozens of hours of Fallout 4 and never touched the main story. I just don't give a shit.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
This video is similair to that about Fallout 3, but author is diffrent and in my opinion video is better than that about F3 as author logically and with calm voice pointed out every aspect of the story and explained why main story is shit. Entire video is very good but from 11:37 to 1:00:00 and then since 1:06:32 it is pure gold. If you never want to try Fallout 4 there you can gain all the knowledge that is needed to hate the game.

The guy's own qualification for his review is that he played six trillion hours in Skyrim. He has never played Fallout 1 or 2 as he is only 30 but could have rectified that mistake and played those originals as he had the time. He probably spent more than enough time making this retarded video.

He follows the recent trend among some younger games that feel dirty for having enjoyed Fallout 4.

So we have another of these I PLAYED FALLOUT 4 for 100 hours and it is crap. Would be interesting to understand the psychology of these people.

His bitching is lame. Might watch if he did 1.5 hours on Fallout 1. Otherwise don't waste my time.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
So we have another of these I PLAYED FALLOUT 4 for 100 hours and it is crap. Would be interesting to understand the psychology of these people.

His bitching is lame. Might watch if he did 1.5 hours on Fallout 1. Otherwise don't waste my time.
What are you talking about? If you watched the video you would know that he is not bitching about game, he said himself that fighting and exploration are it's best parts. The video is mostly about story line and the world.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The guy's own qualification for his review is that he played six trillion hours in Skyrim. He has never played Fallout 1 or 2 as he is only 30 but could have rectified that mistake and played those originals as he had the time. He probably spent more than enough time making this retarded video.

He follows the recent trend among some younger games that feel dirty for having enjoyed Fallout 4.

The guy did mention in the comments he didn't play FO1 or FO2 because he didn't want people leaving the video by making comparisons to the earlier games.

Hell March

Educated
For people saying the video is too long, it gets worse. He's making a part 2 to the review that's coming out soon, and he claims it's over 2 hours long. So that's 4+ hours of Fallout 4 talk.

Anyway, Joseph Anderson has said that the reason he makes his videos so long is that he approaches his critiques as top-down dissections of problems he had with the game. Essentially he's working out the problems in his head, trying to figure out why Bethesda made the mistakes they did. If you view his approach as sound, his videos have a use because they "explain" why certain flaws made it into the completed product, but if you don't, it's pure masturbation, and quite a lot of it.

Also people approaching him/defending him on the grounds that you don't need much proof to say that Fallout 4 is shit probably didn't watch more than a couple minutes of the video. He's very positive about a number of things in the game and even comes to the conclusion that he likes the game in his upcoming part 2. He is definitely not trying to say Fallout 4 is shit.

Black Angel

Arcane
The guy is nice, but sadly not exactly credible to listen to because of his track record (have not played Fallout 1 and 2, try to judge Fallout 4 'on its' own merit', and see how MUCH you miss the mark). Coupled with the fact that it's just too long for someone with that kind of track record, that's a bloody lot of mark you would miss.

The other review, though, all 3 hours of it by MisterCaption is much, much better. He's much more credible because he had played Fallout 1&2 and many other cRPGs. Not to mention the video itself was pretty neatly made.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
For people saying the video is too long, it gets worse. He's making a part 2 to the review that's coming out soon, and he claims it's over 2 hours long. So that's 4+ hours of Fallout 4 talk.

Anyway, Joseph Anderson has said that the reason he makes his videos so long is that he approaches his critiques as top-down dissections of problems he had with the game. Essentially he's working out the problems in his head, trying to figure out why Bethesda made the mistakes they did. If you view his approach as sound, his videos have a use because they "explain" why certain flaws made it into the completed product, but if you don't, it's pure masturbation, and quite a lot of it.

Also people approaching him/defending him on the grounds that you don't need much proof to say that Fallout 4 is shit probably didn't watch more than a couple minutes of the video. He's very positive about a number of things in the game and even comes to the conclusion that he likes the game in his upcoming part 2. He is definitely not trying to say Fallout 4 is shit.

The fool spends 95% of the video criticizing the game. His best ones:

Q: Why can't I ask a question?
A: Because it is a FPS not a RPG. He should play Fallout 1 which he does not seem to have time to do.

Q: As a lawyer, how do I know how to fix armour?
Q: As a lawyer, how do I know how to shoot a gun?
Q: Why is this hobo asking me for drinking water?
Q: Why can't I ask Codsworth to clean up and fix the town?
Q: How can I clean up an entire broken home with one button?

Answer: IT's A GAME.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The guy is nice, but sadly not exactly credible to listen to because of his track record (have not played Fallout 1 and 2, try to judge Fallout 4 'on its' own merit', and see how MUCH you miss the mark). Coupled with the fact that it's just too long for someone with that kind of track record, that's a bloody lot of mark you would miss.

The other review, though, all 3 hours of it by MisterCaption is much, much better. He's much more credible because he had played Fallout 1&2 and many other cRPGs. Not to mention the video itself was pretty neatly made.

Dude, you don't happen to be the same Black Angel I just replied to in NMA?

Anyhow, it's funny because I saw Joseph's dissection of the game first, and MisterCaption's dissection was pretty much the same, except it was twice as long, and went into a long, unnecessary rant on the music (I honestly had to stop watching at that point because he dragged it for too long when he could have made his point in 30 seconds).

I would tell anyone to watch Joseph's review first, and only then watch the last 15 minutes of MisterCaption's review. Joseph's is just much more credible because he doesn't go full autistic on the game and instead calmly makes his points (whereas MC can't stop talking loudly and you can sense the anger inside him). But MisterCaption truly shines when he channels all his ki towards destroying Bethesda and its shills in his review.

The fool spends 95% of the video criticizing the game. His best ones:

Q: Why can't I ask a question?
A: Because it is a FPS not a RPG. He should play Fallout 1 which he does not seem to have time to do.

Q: As a lawyer, how do I know how to fix armour?
Q: As a lawyer, how do I know how to shoot a gun?
Q: Why is this hobo asking me for drinking water?
Q: Why can't I ask Codsworth to clean up and fix the town?
Q: How can I clean up an entire broken home with one button?

Answer: IT's A GAME.

Here's the thing: you just defended Bethesda in that comment. Joseph's points actually make sense: why did Bethesda think it was a good thing to remove Skills and merge them into Perks, when your Lawyer character can do just about everything your Soldier character can do?

It also explains why the settlement system is such bullshit, as it completely breaks the logic of the game. If it is so easy to build a settlement, why does no one else do that? Even if it was a "real time" settlement system and it took you weeks to build a single house, the flaw is still there: you can do what others simply can't do.

Black Angel

Arcane
Dude, you don't happen to be the same Black Angel I just replied to in NMA?
wiggle.gif

Anyhow, it's funny because I saw Joseph's dissection of the game first, and MisterCaption's dissection was pretty much the same, except it was twice as long, and went into a long, unnecessary rant on the music (I honestly had to stop watching at that point because he dragged it for too long when he could have made his point in 30 seconds).

I would tell anyone to watch Joseph's review first, and only then watch the last 15 minutes of MisterCaption's review. Joseph's is just much more credible because he doesn't go full autistic on the game and instead calmly makes his points (whereas MC can't stop talking loudly and you can sense the anger inside him). But MisterCaption truly shines when he channels all his ki towards destroying Bethesda and its shills in his review.
To be fair, I did watch Joseph's first but it was so long ago, somewhere between a week or two after it was first released. MC's most recent review were a bit neater and extremely straight to the point but I haven't yet watch the last 20 minutes of it, so let's see.....

Quillon

Arcane
and went into a long, unnecessary rant on the music (I honestly had to stop watching at that point because he dragged it for too long when he could have made his point in 30 seconds).

Might be the best part of the vid, cos no one else anywhere mentions the shitty selection of music in the game. It was such a relief to hear him bitch about it. I didn't care about the prev. games' songs but the ones about fallout itself, war and bombs and wanderers etc that's just too much self conscious music, was really bugging me.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Might be the best part of the vid, cos no one else anywhere mentions the shitty selection of music in the game. It was such a relief to hear him bitch about it. I didn't care about the prev. games' songs but the ones about fallout itself, war and bombs and wanderers etc that's just too much self conscious music, was really bugging me.

Yeah, maybe in hindsight I can understand why it was such a long section.

The thing I like the most is how people still defend the music selection while completely ignoring what the guy was actually saying. "This dude complains about post-apocalyptic music in a post-apocalyptic game". What the fuck is "post-apocalyptic music"?

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Here's the thing: you just defended Bethesda in that comment. Joseph's points actually make sense: why did Bethesda think it was a good thing to remove Skills and merge them into Perks, when your Lawyer character can do just about everything your Soldier character can do?

It also explains why the settlement system is such bullshit, as it completely breaks the logic of the game. If it is so easy to build a settlement, why does no one else do that? Even if it was a "real time" settlement system and it took you weeks to build a single house, the flaw is still there: you can do what others simply can't do.

I don't need to defend Bethesda. I have been playing their games since Gridiron!

I love those guys!

images

Some points.

a) The guy goes on about RPG and RPG and RPG.

First of all he has never played Fallout 1 or 2. Secondly he has played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Skyrim.

Why he thought Fallout 4 was a RPG I will never understand.

b) The guy goes on about bugs.

These sort of people have more money than sense and buy games when they first come out expecting a bug free experience.

I say again, has he ever played Fallout 3 or Skyrim? YES HE HAS.

OH WOE IS ME! I BOUGHT THIS HUGE OPEN WORLD GAME ON DAY ONE AND IT'S BUGGED! WOE!

c) What open world, hiking sim, shooter FPS combat game has the option for people to go around asking a lot of questions?

I will like to buy it.

d) The guy wants to go around asking a lot of questions. Despite carrying a bunch of guns and what not around with him. Why does not anyone just shoot him on sight? He likes to ask a lot of questions UNTIL he gets to the Institute where he suddenly gets the urge to mass murder the place because he sees a 10 year old boy trapped in a cell.

Then he justifies the killing rampage because 'he just had a baby with his wife'.

The guy is a fool but I will say maybe he is a bit young and lacks imagination.

I would say his 'analytical' skills might be best served shining a light on something not so obvious known to basically anyone that has played Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim and Oblivion.

He even goes around saying 'on my first play though a lot..'

Finally, if you follow the trail from Arena to Skyrim to Fallout 4, is anyone surprised?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
These sort of people have more money than sense and buy games when they first come out expecting a bug free experience.

I say again, has he ever played Fallout 3 or Skyrim? YES HE HAS.

OH WOE IS ME! I BOUGHT THIS HUGE OPEN WORLD GAME ON DAY ONE AND IT'S BUGGED! WOE!
:deathclaw:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Some points.

First of all he has never played Fallout 1 or 2. Secondly he has played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Skyrim.

I'll reply to all your observations if you answer me this: do you consider New Vegas to be a valid Fallout experience, or not? I have played Fallout 1 and New Vegas. New Vegas is much better as an RPG, no questions asked. And thus I find his comments on Fallout 4 extremely valid, especially since he made it clear he vastly prefers New Vegas over Fallout 3.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
If you don't know much about Fallout 4, do you watch it because... you have too much time on your hands?
Pretty much this in my case. That's how it went for the fallout 3 video anyway, I haven't watched this one yet. And probably some mental masterbation over how cool and smart I am for not playing this too, because I really am.

I answered your question, because for a newcomer you sure got the right tone and deserved at least an honest answer. Welcome to the Codex btw. :obviously:

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
>spend thousands of hours writing shit about a certain game and/or complain how nobody else understands you
>get butthurt when you see someone do the same thing in a more digestible way

RPGGameCodex in a nutshell.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Some points.

I'll reply to all your observations if you answer me this: do you consider New Vegas to be a valid Fallout experience, or not? I have played Fallout 1 and New Vegas. New Vegas is much better as an RPG, no questions asked. And thus I find his comments on Fallout 4 extremely valid, especially since he made it clear he vastly prefers New Vegas over Fallout 3.

In truth it has only been in my Codex era that I really *saw* how New Vegas was superior. I went back and played the game again and this time to completion.

I am not saying his points are not valid, just obvious.

Game X is not a RPG, let me criticise it for not being a RPG.

I think maybe it's a generational thing where we have some guys who think they are experts on game design or something. Obviously these sort of university courses were not available when I was a kid. Or maybe I can simply blame consoles which I normally do.

When I was growing up I hated coming across a 'g' because it would dull my weapons and 'U' made my character move in the wrong direction all confused like.

Therefore I am not minded to criticise Morte being able to carry about 50 whatever in weight despite being a floating skull and my character in New Vegas carrying infinite ammo and other things.

Why in worlds full of food, eating is not a thing.

A guy like this, I would like him to turn his eye towards New Vegas, Fallout or PST. That would be thing of beauty.

pippin

All this shitting on FO3 and FO4 after the latter's release is a tryhard attempt to gain some e-cred. I seriously doubt any of those people hating on 3 and 4 had any prior knowledge about Fallout itself or at least crpgs before (or even after) the mid 00s. These feature length reviews are mostly cringe in my opinion, because you have to swim through a sea of bullshit to try to find something interesting and ultimately realize that this person could have said the same things in a 20 minute video.

I am certainly not impressed by any of those. We know it's a bad game, we knew it since the design documents were leaked and when we checked that those were in there almost verbatim. Fallout 4 has none of the concepts of Fallout, and it seems they just wanted to make a really elaborated version of Minecraft or something like that. The problem here is that it's too hard to be bothered with this right now.

Jarmaro

Liturgist

Why he thought Fallout 4 was a RPG I will never understand.

I am not saying his points are not valid, just obvious.

Game X is not a RPG, let me criticise it for not being a RPG.

- it's labelled RPG on steam.
- Fallout wikipedia says it's RPG
- Wikipedia says it's Action RPG
- It's among IGN best 2015 RPGs
- It's among many others websites and magazines best 2015 RPGs
- Most players say F4 is RPG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom