Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Vanilla WoW emulation

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok so i had to google this shit:

https://elysium-project.org/timeline

Is this done to create some sort of blizz-like experience? Kinda of absurd if you ask me.

Ok so i had to google this shit:

https://elysium-project.org/timeline

Is this done to create some sort of blizz-like experience? Kinda of absurd if you ask me.
You mean the delayed amount of time until a patch gets applied?

That's majorly the fault of the terrible private server community, the majority of the servers adapt a fork of mangos and attempt to fix a few things, maybe even leap ahead a few patches and then they shrivel up and die, and take their closed fork of mangos down with them.
Thus every server does the same loop over and over and over, and this generally takes an assload of time considering that most of these servers don't have staff that could be qualified as professionals or such, only like 5 servers over the last many years have gotten all the way to having a (decent) quality naxxramas working alongside with everything else, and even then they suffer the issues that other servers don't suffer of, and vice versa.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Each individual patch bring a batch of new content. The most chunky patches would offer new raids and/or dungeons, which, like it or not, sadly seems to be the only thing most mmos manage to create to keep their player base engaged once they hit the level cap.

A lot of people, when they start playing on a private WoW server, want to progress alongside the community, through each individual patch. They want to get their Tier 1 set, then progress through Blackwing's Lair and grab their Tier 2, and so on. From what I've read, no private server has ever properly scripted Ahn'Qiraj 20-40 in a satisfactory manner, let alone Naxxramas, but that doesn't seem to make the playerbase lose hope.

Nobody wants to go back to Molten Core/Blackwing Lair once their guild can competently farm Ahn Qiraj, so obviously the people who didn't get the chance to enjoy the sheer pleasure of the tank and spank encounters you'd find in most of Molten Core/Blackwing's Lair wouldn't want to join a server who's population is so far gone into late-game content.

As for the fishing shit, I don't know, it might just be Elysium is a shit server.

Further ranting on why some people might prefer old-nost versus the new elysium servers:

Once you hit level 60, there isn't really that much to do pre patch 1.7, at least in my opinion. Running level 60 dungeons to gear up and get your pre-raid best in slots is well and good, and you might (or might not) have fun doing some world-pvp or just enjoy Vanilla's strong player interactivity, but the truth of the matter is that unless you're autistic enough to grind rank 13, you'll eventually end up raid-logging (i.e. logging in just during raid nights). For a lot of people, Elysium isn't their first time dabbling through Vanilla, and exploring Stranglethorn and having their share of world pvp, while exciting, won't hold enough charm as it did the first 5 times they leveled up to 60.

That having been said, a lot of people might be new to Vanilla, so of course they'd want to start on fresh servers where most people aren't even 60 yet, let alone well geared.

Lyric Suite

Without a doubt you should pick Zeth'Kur. The population is comfortably under 3000 most of the time without ever being under 1000. If it becomes too inactive they will just merge it with Elysium, its sister server. I found that there were far less Chinese farmers than on Elysium. I don't recommend you start on Anathema. It would be a great server if the alternative of rolling on fresher servers didn't exist, and I also suspect there might be more drama waiting with this server in particular and ties with the old Nostalrius project. Surrounded by people of your level you will feel more relevant which IMO is central to playing a MMO. They roll these updates like Blizzard did to give everyone some window to catch up, release them alongside cool events and give a sense of long term progression to the game world.
Roll horde and join the fun!

If you're interested in 2 years from now Crestfall will also release a TBC server. I know I'll roll an elf there when the times come. Ever since they entered a close collaboration with Elysium they've become a lot more credible to me.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, i think i get it now. I'll make an Alliance on Elysium and an Horde on Zeth and i'll see how it goes.

Google answered the fishing shit. Apparently, those pools were added only with patch 1.9. Those things were my main source of income on Nostalrius. Wonder how am i going to make any gold everything seems to sell for shit.

I'm doing the same. Post your char names here so others can add you. I think it's also best not to put all our eggs in the same basket in case a server ever goes down the drain for whatever reason. When Elysium is too high pop Zeth is reasonably peopled, when Zeth is too low pop Elysium is reasonably people. The best of both worlds.

Did I miss a Codex guild in the previous pages? What are you all rolling?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Look for Thanevanis on Elysium, and Gudush on Zeth.

Gonna start with a Druid on Elysium since i want to see what the situation is with the ganking and shit plus there doesn't seem to be many Druids. I like Warriors best generally but there seems to be a ton of those already:

http://realmstats.net/Census/Elysium

Wulfstand

Prophet
Ok, i think i get it now. I'll make an Alliance on Elysium and an Horde on Zeth and i'll see how it goes.

Google answered the fishing shit. Apparently, those pools were added only with patch 1.9. Those things were my main source of income on Nostalrius. Wonder how am i going to make any gold everything seems to sell for shit.

Definitely go for herbalism. Don't bother leveling up alchemy, just grab herbalism and a good vanilla auction house addon (i think it was auctioneer or auctionator, do the digging) and sell everything.
Make an alt and level it up to level 5, then grab enchanting. Mail every bind on equip piece of gear you find to that alt, then disenchant them and sell them on the AH. Even the lower level shards that you get out of disenchanting are valuable in Vanilla.

Provided you keep your herbalism up while leveling (which shouldn't be a problem on Zeth'Kur I think), you will be able to get your mount at 40. As you pass level 40 your disenchanting alt won't really be able to disenchant the greens/blues you find, but don't worry as luckily those will be valuable enough on their own, so you'll just skip the disenchanting part and just sell them on the AH.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Fuck it.

Rolling a toon on Elysium, Undead Priest, Hylinth-add me if you want to play. Not sure how active i'll be.

Lag seems to be stable so far, i'm impressed.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i'm going to be an enchanter for the tanking trinket and herbalism goes well with a druid. I don't think i'll go for the mount at 40 since travel form is pretty good. I did on Nost but there money wasn't hard to make. And once i was able to fish stonescales it was easy. Took a lot grinding but i got used it. Listening to streams or podcasts helped too. Fucking MMOs, but i actualy need the time sink.

phkCnC2.jpg

TL;DR: why are you asking questions about integrity and corruption amongst the staff
I'm trying to throw witty lines of insults here, but I don't think I can top the head admin of the server going on a spergfest on his own subreddit

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lol.

Wonder why anyone even expects them to act "professionally" though. Those people aren't running a real company. It's just a god damn free wow server. It's just some stupid hobby they hope they might be able to profit on.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So the options right now are between a server that's never coming out (Crestfall), one that's falling apart, and some mythological creature called "Corecraft" that probably doesn't exist. Lol great.

I don't get it.
Maybe I'm getting this mixed up or something, but it's all so retarded that half of this shit doesn't even matter anymore, crestfall is shit (staff consist of crybabies, gold sellers, exploiters, bot creators and account sellers) and elysium is shit (half of the staff team just quit, all the developers quit, head staff is braindead and staff team is generally filled with people with shitty shady backgrounds), but anyhow:
Alexsensual gets contacted by anonymalous leaker (http://pastebin.com/RgW00tbj), makes video about leak

Elysium/Crestfall team get butthurt about this and have conversations on how they wish they could kill Alexsensual and that it's a shame he "Lives in America because he would've been killed in Russia", dox Alexsensual (pretty much irrelevant because the guy already admitted to living with his parents in the basement), people make an image about it and then spread it around.

Alexsensual and his fanbase get butthurt about him being doxxed and dox the staff back, find some details on the head developer of crestfall? (Asura) and the guy starts screaming about how he's going to drop the project and that crestfall is dead.

In short, retards hit a beehive.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So, people are pissed at the guy for exposing obvious corruption and shit? :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom