Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Vanilla WoW emulation

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Wilian , I'm intrigued. Tell us more about this "Rebirth" server.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well fuck, I guess I'm going to have to re-download the client and play this fucking game again after how many days I put into leveling and gearing my rogue.

MapMan

Arcane
uTwU4PW.jpg

Here's your answer to the million dollar question:

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
If you're interested in returning to the old Nostalrius PvP and PvE servers, you can now have your characters transferred to Elysium. Create a new profile here , generate the token for your old account here , then paste the token code you've received here .

The old Nostalrius servers are opening on 17th of December. I imagine it will be unplayable for a while considering the hype and holidays. The new PvP server release date has not yet been announced, but it's expected to be launched sometime in January.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Can anyone explain to me what will prevent this from getting shutdown by Activison Blizzard again? I've always wanted to try the Golden Age of WoW for a little bit at least however knowing every thing might disappear from one day to the next kinda kills it.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Can anyone explain to me what will prevent this from getting shutdown by Activison Blizzard again? I've always wanted to try the Golden Age of WoW for a little bit at least however knowing every thing might disappear from one day to the next kinda kills it.

With private servers, or any MMO, really, there is never any guarantee you'll be able to play them indefinitely.

That said, Blizzard really didn't shut down Nost, merely sent a c&d letter, which, I imagine, is a standard procedure once any one of these projects catches their eye. Nost team was either easily intimidated or chose to shut it down in order to pursue the prospect of Blizzard opening the legacy servers themselves. After a hugely publicized petition and Blizz actually flying them in for talks, legacy server idea is now pretty much dead in the water, quite understandably from their business perspective. So, realizing that, Nost gave their core and database to a russian team and a number of former staff members decided to join them as well.

One thing is for sure, a c&d letter will not be enough this time and the new team being Russians, further legal action would bear little fruit. Russia is where foreign copyright claims come to die, with very few exceptions.

This is all a speculation, of course. People thought original Nost was untouchable, we'll see what happens.
mystery.png

You know the creator of an image is mentally handicapped when he pulls a big line like it means something from baidu.com but completely ignores yandex.ru, mail.ru and google.com, and to top it all off, allows both script usage of google.com and google-analytics.com

Maybe if he would close his leet noscript hacking window, he would realize that there's a fucking button that lets you translate the website to ching ping using, holy shit!!, translate.baidu.com!!

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
So what do I need to do to play this on the 17th? Restart my subscription or what?

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
So what do I need to do to play this on the 17th? Restart my subscription or what?

If you're interested in returning to the old Nostalrius PvP and PvE servers, you can now have your characters transferred to Elysium. Create a new profile here , generate the token for your old account here , then paste the token code you've received here .

Sorry my brained turned off at "character transfer" since I never had one on Nostalrius. My bad.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are we going to discuss possibly forming a codex guild? I play alliance side on the carebear server.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

With private servers, or any MMO, really, there is never any guarantee you'll be able to play them indefinitely.

That said, Blizzard really didn't shut down Nost, merely sent a c&d letter, which, I imagine, is a standard procedure once any one of these projects catches their eye. Nost team was either easily intimidated or chose to shut it down in order to pursue the prospect of Blizzard opening the legacy servers themselves. After a hugely publicized petition and Blizz actually flying them in for talks, legacy server idea is now pretty much dead in the water, quite understandably from their business perspective. So, realizing that, Nost gave their core and database to a russian team and a number of former staff members decided to join them as well.

One thing is for sure, a c&d letter will not be enough this time and the new team being Russians, further legal action would bear little fruit. Russia is where foreign copyright claims come to die, with very few exceptions.

This is all a speculation, of course. People thought original Nost was untouchable, we'll see what happens.
mystery.png
Might be wrong but I believe while the people running it are in Russia the actual servers are not. All Blizzard has to do is lean on the company hosting the servers.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Are we going to discuss possibly forming a codex guild? I play alliance side on the carebear server.

Think most are waiting for the fresh start server, for which we don't even know the launch date yet.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Looks like Elysium guys aren't fucking around. They just released the list of fixes on Nostalrius' code. Definitely rolling a pally now that holy resistance and procs have been fixed.

Mechanics
  • Rage Mechanics
    • Armor now properly reduces the rage generated from taking damage.
    • Parrying or dodging an attack no longer generates rage.
    • Players now generate rage whenever their auto attacks are parried or dodged.
  • Procs and damage shields no longer trigger on parried or dodged attacks.
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing several weapon effects from proccing off instant attacks.
  • Players and NPCs can no longer obtain Holy resistance by any means. (level-based resists and general spell hit rules still apply to Holy spells)
  • Elemental school melee attacks now ignore the damage reduction from armor and can no longer crush or be blocked.
  • Ground targeted spells like Blizzard and Flamestrike now require line of sight to cast.
  • Elemental and Mechanical type creatures are now immune to Bleed, Poison, and Disease effects.
  • Several varieties of undead are now immune to Bleed effects.
  • Bosses are now generally immune to cast speed debuffs like Curse of Tongues.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the chance for Fear to break on damage to be lower than intended.
  • Pets should stop attacking whenever their target is crowd controlled by a spell that breaks on damage.
  • Pets now benefit from strength buffs properly.
Classes & Abilities

• Priests
    • Fixed the interaction between Fear Ward and effects like Berserker Rage.
  • Mages
    • Fixed a bug that was causing Mages to temporarily lose their Impact talent after casting Ice Block..
  • Hunters
    • Hunter pet abilities now benefit from the pet's happiness.
    • Arcane Shot now uses physical crit and hit rules.
    • Fixed the critical damage bonus received from Hunters’ Humanoid and Monster Slaying talents.
  • Rogues
    • Energy spent to cast melee abilities that are parried will now be refunded for 80% of the cost.
    • Blade Flurry now does the correct amount of damage when striking additional targets.
  • Paladins
    • Consecration no longer scales with attack power.
    • Fixed Seal of the Crusader’s damage reduction effect.
    • Seal of Command’s proc now benefits from Sanctity Aura and has a small delay when triggered.
    • Fixed the scaling of Seal of Righteousness.
    • Seal of Righteousness can now trigger mainhand weapon procs.
  • Warrior
    • Shield Bash and Shield Slam can now trigger mainhand weapon procs.
  • Shaman
    • Fixed Earth Shock and Rockbiter Weapon’s threat components.
    • Chain Lightning and Chain Heal’s spell power and healing coefficients are now reduced properly when bouncing to additional targets.
    • Windfury Weapon now benefits from the talent Elemental Weapons.
    • Windfury Totem now benefits from the talent Improved Weapon Totems.
Items

• Fixed an exploit with Prismcharm.
  • Blade of the Wretched and Soul Breaker no longer have a 100% proc rate.
  • Anti-Venom (First Aid) now checks the poison's spell level before dispelling it.
  • Goblin Rocket Helm now knocks the wearer down on use.
  • Bonereaver’s Edge has been reverted to its pre-1.12 state (the armor penetration buff no longer stacks with itself).
  • Juju Might no longer stacks with Winterfall Firewater.
  • Gnomish Battle Chicken now should work as intended.
  • Equippable items with charges now should correctly display its sell price.
Raids & Dungeons

• Onyxia
    • Onyxia has received an update and will behave more like her pre-nerf form in Phases 2 and 3.
    • Players can no longer reach Onyxia with melee auto-attacks in Phase 2.
    • Onyxia has had her weapons and trinket moved to their own bonus loot table and is no longer incorrectly guaranteed to drop two non-set/non-quest epic items.
  • Molten Core
    • Adjusted the cooldowns of several boss and trash abilities in Molten Core.
    • Fixed the cooldowns of Ragnaros’ Might of Ragnaros, Wrath of Ragnaros, and Lava Burst abilities.
    • Added missing Thrash ability to Garr’s Firesworn minions.
    • Fixed Baron Geddon’s Patrol
    • Several bosses have had their loot tables fixed
  • Blackwing Lair
    • Blackwing Taskmasters are now immune to charm.
    • Fixed an exploit in the Chromaggus encounter.
    • Adjusted Chromaggus’ movespeed and aggro radius.
    • Fixed Firemaw’s Patrol
  • Zul’Gurub
    • Fixed Zealot Lor’Khan’s Greater Heal ability.
    • High Priestess Arlokk’s summoned panthers have learned to prowl.
    • Fixed the debuff priority of Hakkar’s Blood Siphon.
    • Hakkar’s loot table has been revised to prevent potential duplicates
  • World Bosses
    • Fixed a bug that could cause Lethon to skip his 25% health phases.
    • Fixed Azuregos’s Patrol
    • Dragons of Nightmare now should correctly spawn and randomize between locations.
  • Dire Maul
    • Improved scripts for many bosses and mobs in Dire Maul.
    • The Gordok Inner Door Key now disappears when entering a new instance of Dire Maul. The named guards in Dire Maul no longer drop loot after adding items to the Tribute.
    • Players of sufficient Tailoring or Leatherworking skill can now learn how to craft Gordok Ogre Suits from Knot Thimblejack in Dire Maul.
  • Scholomance
    • Fixed the behavior of Unstable and Reanimated Corpses in Scholomance.
    • Fixed Darkmaster Gandling’s Arcane Missiles ability.
  • Blackrock Depths
    • The Grim Guzzler events in BRD have been updated.
Quests

• The Rhok’delar epic quest chain has received a major rewrite.
  • The Lord of Blackrock quests and their corresponding events for turning in the head of Nefarian have been fixed for both factions.
  • ‘Scarlet Subterfuge’, ‘In Dreams’ have been updated to work properly.
  • ‘Freedom For All Creatures’ now works properly.
  • ‘Wanted: Murkdeep’ now correctly scripted.
Player vs. Player

• Players can now queue for Battlegrounds at their respective instance portals.
  • Added a missing Devilsaur spawnpoint in Un'Goro Crater.
General

• Fixed a bug that was causing the 'You have slain <target>!' message to appear twice in the combat log.
  • Fixed several bugs that were preventing spell visuals from being sent to the client.
  • Weather will now synchronise correctly for all players in a zone. Let it snow… or rain, most likely.
  • Corrected a minor visual bug with some Molten Core runes after dowsing.
  • Belnistrasz of Razorfen Downs has rehearsed his script.
  • Razormane Stalkers now correctly use Sinister Strike ability during the fight & Stealth until engaged in combat.
  • Luna Spiritclaw should now correctly trigger quest completion for Alliance players.
  • Alterac Valley Ram Riders should now despawn when their own Stormpike Ram Rider Commander dies, not when the Frostwolf Wolf Rider Commander dies.
  • Removing TBC GOSSIP's from the Undercity Guards. No paladins allowed.
  • Artisan FA trainers are displaying GOSSIP's for learning the abilities for Heavy Mageweave, Runecloth and Heavy Runecloth Bandages now.
  • Tyrande Whisperwind is no longer mistakenly considered a faction leader and her respawn timer has been fixed.
  • Several important rare spawns now benefit from dynamic respawn rates.
  • Broken Tooth and some other rare spawns now have randomized spawn points.
  • Many mobs should no longer spam their disarm or net abilities. E* scort NPCs now have a smaller ‘help radius’.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I'd like to play warrior for leveling. Are there any major pitfalls to this? I heard some classes had a hard time in vanilla.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I'd like to play warrior for leveling. Are there any major pitfalls to this? I heard some classes had a hard time in vanilla.

Warrior is fun, but that fun really depends on the gear you have. Expect to die alot, both in pve and pvp. If you find a healer buddy to level with, you will crush faces and have instant access to dungeon groups.

catfood

AGAIN

Warrior is fun, but that fun really depends on the gear you have. Expect to die alot, both in pve and pvp. If you find a healer buddy to level with, you will crush faces and have instant access to dungeon groups.
This.

When I was playing on Nost I played as a priest and my friend played as a warrior. Finding groups for dungeons was easy as pie.

Echo Mirage

Arcane

Unless Nost and Elysium have rebalanced things, Warriors were the only viable tanks in the game so, as said above, a good warrior can expect to always have a place in a raid and a solid pick of the raid loot.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Playing a warrior completely solo is the most unfun and shittiest experience you can have in Vanilla tho. Even when you have a highlvl main providing a warrior alt with good lvling gear it can become REALLY frustrating ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom