Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Van Buren: A Fallout Adventure Interview at Retrospective Gaming

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Fallout 3 (Van Buren); Van Buren: A Fallout Adventure

You may know about the fan-driven project to remake Interplay's canceled Fallout 3: Van Buren in the FOnline engine. It is led by hexer, who's a Codexer; many other Codexers are involved, too, in various roles. We even have a subforum about the project.

So, hexer has just done an interview with Retrospective Gaming. Check it out:

It is a video rendition of an email interview, containing some new exclusive screenshots from the game. There's also a transcript of the interview available in one of the comments on the video.

I just want to say: looking good, guys!

Bloodlust

Augur
Actually they are using the FOnline engine,not fallout2 engine.

Great job Hexer and rest of the team ,looking forward to hearing more from you!

Ramireza

Savant
Great job!

BTW : How FUCKING UGLY looked the 3D Graphics of the original F3 Prototype compared to FO1/2, oh boy.

Bloodlust

Augur
3D was not mature enough at that time.Also remember it was just a rough tech demo to show to the suits.
Still I think they had the right vision and could capture fallout art style in 3d.

Ramireza

Savant
3D was not mature enough at that time.Also remember it was just a rough tech demo to show to the suits.
Still I think they had the right vision and could capture fallout art style in 3d.

You are right, but i am pretty sure back then we all said : "WOW, look at that its THREEEEDEEEEEE!!111one!!! And you can TURN the camera, AWESOME!"

The fact you cant turn the Camera and its 2D make Pillars that great for me. Its realy strange how things evolve sometimes.

Bloodlust

Augur

You are right, but i am pretty sure back then we all said : "WOW, look at that its THREEEEDEEEEEE!!111one!!! And you can TURN the camera, AWESOME!"

The fact you cant turn the Camera and its 2D make Pillars that great for me. Its realy strange how things evolve sometimes.

Don't get me wrong,I do prefer 2d over 3d.THis is why I am excited about pillars.

But back then,in the non-kickstarter age,you would be financially dead if you did not go the 3d route.

Perkel

Arcane

Don't get me wrong,I do prefer 2d over 3d.THis is why I am excited about pillars.

But back then,in the non-kickstarter age,you would be financially dead if you did not go the 3d route.

There was no precedence. And at time of release of NWN1 even with game being 3D it looked like piece of shit.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I did not know what to expect from the title, but I am impressed. Keep up the good work.

What the hell? I didn't even know something like this existed! From the looks of it its very much fap worthy for fans of 90's crpgs, and especially Fallout. Damn I'm hyped, hexer please don't make it vaporware, even if it takes you 20 years to complete it (hope I live enough to play it though).

And you even prefer Fallout 1.

american-eagle-1.jpg

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Nice screenshots. I didn't realize the Van Buren project made so much progress. And kudos to MCA for supporting the project.
:mca:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom