Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

WhiteGuts

Arcane
If they can pull off 75% of the concept, it'll be gud.

keppj0nes

Educated
I think don't nod is something I read written on the wall in a sketchy bathroom stall

Vampyr sounds pretty detailed, I don't know how they can fit all that in what will probably be a typical limited linear episodic game ala Walking Dead/Life is Strange/etc... I thought Life is strange was pretty interesting even though I absolutely hate the episodic games trend.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
This looks really ambitious. I wonder how they plan on pulling this whole thing off. I'm still optimistic, but damn... That's a lot of work.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Remember Me was bad and Life is Strange was hipster-pandering garbage. Guaranteed Eurotrash.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Remember me had great sound design, that's about the only thing I remember about the game, this will probably be crap.

Martius

Liturgist
Remember Me was supposed to be like God Hand, ended up in trying to copy Arkham series combat. I dont even know what to think about this one.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's gonna have good visuals and shitty gameplay. The best you will get out of it will be some nice wallpapers.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Being cautiously optimistic about this. Dontnod got alot of praise for Life is Strange. They also made a pretty penny which means they actually have some money to put into development. Concept trailer also looks okay.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting, you have to kill to survive, but not in a "kill this group of 50 enemies" kind of way, more in a "pick somebody from this story and now they are gone forever" kind of way. Look forward to reviews.

hajro

Arbiter
One wonders if Dontnot will beat Paradox's vampire game storywise.
Dont worry on that luv. The main themes will include vampyrohobia, vampires are humans too, giving blood for vampire consumption should be the norm and everybody against it is a White supremacist mysoginist pig.
:takemyjewgold:

hajro

Arbiter
One wonders if Dontnot will beat Paradox's vampire game storywise.
Dont worry on that luv. The main themes will include vampyrohobia, vampires are humans too, giving blood for vampire consumption should be the norm and everybody against it is a White supremacist mysoginist pig.

Aren't those lifted directly from True Blood?
True Blood was having fun with em( at least the 1st season i watched), here it will be done Totally serious and flat!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
True Blood was fun indeed, until it all started to go completely crazy after Season 3.
I was really wondering at which point the series turned into a parody of itself.

And Dontnod... well, Life Is Strange really is a truly well made interactive movie.
So, that is a good thing, I guess.
As long as nobody is expecting truly deep game mechanics from an action game.

Hopes up. Somewhat.

Bonerbill

Augur
I really enjoyed LiS. To be honest with you, I rather they not focus on the combat (as in, barely any combat at all) and stick to narrative, exploration, and character building because I'm not 100% sure they can pull it off.

But I guess I can be proven wrong.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
oh those masters of game design that write blue-haired, lesbian teens that say "hella". Great.
Let me quote some random review for you:
"It's not so much an accurate appraisal of teenage-dom as it is someone's earnest recollection of what it felt like to be a teenager"

And that feeling was definitely there to me, even if maybe put on a bit too thick, but that was no big deal.
Who cares if it correctly depicts current youth slang?
That changes every few years anyway.

In the end you will have to chose between lesbian sex and murdering an entire town full of people while completely invalidating every choice you made in the game.
Not true, it's a hurricane, not a nuclear weapon. People will die, but certainly not all.
Then again, American houses are built of cardboard, so who knows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom