Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, game about Vampires and he doesn't bring up Bloodlines.

Modron

Arcane
Why would they bring up something that would surely lend them to unfavorable comparisons. I imagine it's a lot like Todd Howard hoping that every time he gives an interview someone won't compare Fallout 3/4 to New Vegas then dying inside when it's brought up repeatedly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why would they bring up something that would surely lend them to unfavorable comparisons. I imagine it's a lot like Todd Howard hoping that every time he gives an interview someone won't compare Fallout 3/4 to New Vegas then dying inside when it's brought up repeatedly.
Yea, that is like marketing next Transformers by comparing it with Space Odyssey.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah but this isn't a marketing announcement, it's a gamejourno preview- oh right, gotcha.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Je ve... Vampiiiire!

We'll be seeing a presentation for this new blockbuster at Gamescom. If previous Focus Home presentations are any indication, we should be able to get two solid questions asked.

We know a TV adaptation is already inevitable, so there's no point asking about that. If you have any questions to submit, put 'em here.

Tao

Savant
Vampyr: the game i know it will let me down but i can't help to hope it could be decent at least.

They focus too much on this "Undertale" mecanic (killing give you exp but make the world "worse") instead of making just a decent vampire game. It would end like Remember me: pretty but shallow in gameplay

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't quite get warm with the gameplay, but the atmosphere is impeccable.
Eh - "impeccable" implies without flaw. A popup prompt to search a trash can for rusty screws is an unforgivable blot. I bet the artists are cutting themselves after seeing what the systems people did to their world.

And again with the game's main conceit - oh, I don't want to hurt people but I must feed - who shall I reluctantly select as my next victim? Ahem, lemme just slaughter these 15 vampire hunters real quick, bim bam bom, now where was I? Oh yes, agonizing - who shall I reluctantly select as my next victim?

Committee design, blech.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I agree with the comments above but... the graphics look good and I'm a moron when it comes to vampires. And we rarely see vampire games that are somewhat interesting to go through.
So yeah I might buy on 75% discount

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I agree with the comments above but... the graphics look good and I'm a moron when it comes to vampires. And we rarely see vampire games that are somewhat interesting to go through.
Brooding guy in old timey london is a rather bland take on vampires though.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Brooding guy in old timey london is a rather bland take on vampires though.
Yeah... Dont get me wrong I watched the video and didnt get excited at all. Its grimdark with the exact kind of combat I hate.
But it seems to have high production value...and youre a vampire.
Do they follow WoD "lore" at all or did they create their own random vampire stuff? Im pretty sure the second is the answer, just having a slimmer of hope..

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Do they follow WoD "lore" at all or did they create their own random vampire stuff? Im pretty sure the second is the answer, just having a slimmer of hope..
w0t

If it was a VtM game, would be published by paradox and have the brand plastered everywhere.

jungl

Augur
Honestly who likes wandering aimlessly in the dark looking for plot items and mats? You are a doctor and a vampire apparently you don't have a brain to get a light or night vision. This going to be one of those meh 360 gen type games you rush to beat and forget.

Latelistener

Arcane
The game sounds quite interesting, actually. I thought it will be like Remember Me, with linear narrative and all that. Seems like this is how Focus want Call of Cthulhu to look like, at least partially.
Wouldn't worry for the visuals, considering that Remember Me looked quite good.

EXNldON.jpg

W9FjANP.jpg

Kudos to this dude.
As the game goes on, the level of the enemies will adjust to keep a good challenge. Auto leveling isn't great in my opinion, but given that it can happen that you lock off an entire district, it is probably their solution for solving the need to go to a district that would have opponents that are too high level for you.
You can also aid those who are sick, to keep them in good health before killing them, as a healthier person will give you more experience points.
:prosper:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom