Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
"Well im playing as a nosferatu with the slut history"
that actually sounds disturbing a lot, thinking about it
No, it's actually quite normal for Nossies. That one Nossie in the sewers even explains the "ideology" behind it to you - how they like to catch beautiful&arrogant&slutty people who utilize their external beauty for their personal benefit, and turn them to look as ugly on the outside as they are inside.

dryan

Arcane
"Well im playing as a nosferatu with the slut history"
that actually sounds disturbing a lot, thinking about it
No, it's actually quite normal for Nossies. That one Nossie in the sewers even explains the "ideology" behind it to you - how they like to catch beautiful&arrogant&slutty people who utilize their external beauty for their personal benefit, and turn them to look as ugly on the outside as they are inside.

Yes, and White Wolf chose precisely a goth slut to introduce the Nosferatu embrace in the clanbook.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
OK i found a way to get some dragon ammo. You have to hunt some hunters heh:cool: I have animalisam 3 unlocked which gives me THE WOLF who instakills them. But it breaks theMasquarade if someone sees it and since they always go in groups i have to somehow separate them in alleys... Its tricky but doable and FUN. It looks hilarious when the wolf jumps at them behind the dumpster... Sometimes i can also sneak up for a neckbreak butt it doesn work always. They drop just 1-2 shells though, i got seven so far. Should be enough for some fun at the museum...

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
I have a problem.
When Isaac tells me to ask around for the tape. So i ask the red spot guy and he tells me to go see Flynn. But Flynn is dead... I killed him way back. So do i have to reload or what. If someone can tell me but without heavy spoilers if posible...

dryan

Arcane
Dude you have a serious rage problem to go killing people all willy-nilly like that.
I'm pretty sure you can still get the info you want without reloading. Since you're Nossie, you probably have the necessary skills, or are close to having them.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
OK i got it! It was
on his computer i coudnt hack it but i found the password on a wall... I guess i forgot i was playing a Troika game here heh:oops:

As for Flynn. well he shot first... But its not me its just what my character would do:salute:

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
What inspection does exactly? I have it at 6 and im not seeing any effects... I read somewhere that it makes the items sparkle but everything looks the same to me...:? Does it affect dialogues?

As I recall, having a sufficiently high score unlocks some new dialogue options with Knox and Tung with regards to the Cathayan quest, but I don't remember what the threshold was. I'm also pretty sure that Malkavians get it by default, too. I don't know of any other scenarios. Beyond that, though, it makes some 'hidden' (read: just lying there) items sparkle, which is pretty useless after your first playthrough. I think some mods make the items completely invisible without the requisite score, instead, but that's not part of the UP (Camarilla Edition, maybe?).

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
OK i just maxed my inspection with the console cheat but still nothing sparks! Then i found this video
where this guy has it at 4

See how everything glints even ordinary items like botles in the bathroom. Like in Thief 3. Thats exactly how i remeber it when i tried Bloodlines a year ago so now i know im not crazy. So wtf is going on where are my sparkles!!:argh::argh::argh:

I guess its not a problem to redistribute points with the console... It doesnt fit my dumbass character anyway. But still... Someone should notify someone about this.

Rod that Camarilla mod sounds pretty neat... I have just the clan quest thing and the Camarilla was there but i checked Pops difficulty mod instead, they werent compatible. I had fond memories of SS2 with Pops mod that makes the cameras indestructible so i chose him... Oh well next time

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
I made it to chinatown. Goddamn the sewers were fun! I decided to go full unarmed just because i frenzy so often due to low humanity... So i pumped brawl aand potence for maximum Van Dammage haha. I just drain the bloodpool intentionaly near those two legged assholes and then wait in the dark... Until my crazy nosferatu slut goes out of control literaly.
Damn when shes finished and the frenzy is over entire hallways are red from floor to ceiling... with body parts everywhere... And if anyone is left standing i switch to the sledgehammer and finish him off. FUCKING BADASSSS it reminded me of Torque from Suffering when he flipes out... probably the most badass character ever. But this crazy lady comes close.

Altough it can be a problem if she decides that those spider things are a viable target... Past them i could sneak though i never raised obufuscate... But i had stealth and wits pumped so sticking to the shadows got me trough mostly.

I also had no money for bloodpacks but since im a nosferatu:cool: i gain extra blood from rats... So i would eat just one or two enough to keep The Beast at bay while i scout around. Then after i rip everyone apart i run back for another rat haha. Dont know what i would do if i was a Ventrue... Hmmmm

The only problem was wwhen i
killed the big spider quen boss... I had to watch afucking walktrough to find that vent. Shamefull i know... I would have seen it if i had a functioning inspection:argh::argh::argh: I was wrenched from my moment of awesomeness...
van-damme-wrench-o.gif
haaaaaaaaahaa...

But its ok:salute:

Fun fact, I only just realized in my latest playthrough (and I've played this game a... lot of times) that there's a little ledge on one side that lets you get across that bottomless chasm in front of said vent without having to jump. I always used to just save and hope that I didn't mistime the jump. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've actually looked to see if there was an alternate way across, but still. (Unless wesp added it while I wasn't looking.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom