Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines Unofficial Patch 9.0 Released

On their Facebook page, it says "Project Vaulderie is a project that aims to update the original Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines game to the Unity engine."

One of the updates in FB is a FAQs. Probably not out in years.

I'm skeptical about Unity as well, but it's a better engine choice than Source at this point. Unity supports modding better and has probably more community support at this stage than Source. It also works on more platforms than Source.

Short of writing your own damn engine, which takes too long, Unity is a sensible choice. I doubt anything will come to fruition though.

I wish I were Notch. I'd spend a million of his wasted money hiring a mod team to unofficially release a fully converted VTMB, maybe with its own custom engine. Or maybe, just buy the damned source code from Activision and make it public domain.

http://vaulderie.bloodlinesresurgencemod.com/from-source-to-unity/

The final straw came once we realized the potential Unity has over and seeing how the team behind Dear Esther were bold enough to move from a fully developed game for which they have full access to its engine code, got the whole game ported to Unity with amazing results. We were always skeptical in regards on what Unity can do but after seeing how much attention this move did, we decided it’s the perfect opportunity to get things done properly. I cannot recall how many times the project suffered because of certain issues, but experimenting with Unity in the last few weeks got us the needed risks to carry it further.

At least they claim it makes it easier process. Though I'm not familiar with either of them enough to say which is better but hopefully they are not just fucking around and actually planning ahead and this is logical choice for them.
Also lol at the Dear Esther, considering what I've seen from Dear Esther, it doesn't really have much game aspect to it. Not really the best reference to make.

Some of the Infinity Engine and Fallout patches have probably been in development longer than this has, tbh
Those are all community works though. Don't think a single modder has done as much as wesp for the same amount of time.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Help me out here, Wesp is the guy who makes the purist "bug fixing and restoring broken stuff only" patches right? Because that's the only kind of fanmade patch I care about.
What was this other guy's name? Tessa, Tessera? He was the one who included nude mods in his patches or something like this?

Help me out here, Wesp is the guy who makes the purist "bug fixing and restoring broken stuff only" patches right? Because that's the only kind of fanmade patch I care about.
What was this other guy's name? Tessa, Tessera? He was the one who included nude mods in his patches or something like this?

Wesp has the pure bugfix patch and the + patch (with "tweaks") chosen during installation. I'd go with pure bugfix patch if I were you.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait for Beamturd to get their hands on this and make an Enhanced Edition with touchscreen support and put an end to Wesp and his nonsense....the tears will be glorious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom