Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - The Final Nights 1.4

Zer0Morph

Novice
Don't worry, they'll be taken care of here too. That silly Infinitron just likes to impersonate moderators to scare people away, but he'll be purged just like the others.

Are you sure, Infinitron has 45,911 messages so he's been "pretending" to be a moderator for quite some time here. I really hope this isn't a hate site because it has a very active community here.

Zer0Morph

Novice
Secretly this whole site revolves around a swastika.

Sadly I believe you. You guys would like the Bloodlines Antitribu mod then, the developer created some "SS" uniforms for the skins. While it didn't go over very well for the German and Polish crowd, you bigots would love it I'm sure.

laclongquan

Arcane
The whole damn place is a hate site or havent you heard our monicker "RPGCodex: The Glittering Gems of Hatred"

Posting here if you want some honest opinions and contributions. If they go with a dose of bitter pills, well, that's the price of free, see.

If you want smoke blown up your ass (just because you are modders) this is the wrong place to go. We do notice flaws and we are not hesitant to air our concerns.

When we said retake marketing we meant it in a constructive manner. You are amateurs in the field, and it show, and it backfire on you and yours. Mind you, me personally doesnt care much about marketing gimmicks, and I wont think badly of you for doing it clumsily. What matter is your product. Which is not that appealing, to be frank.

EDIT: one constructive contribution for you. Remake the whole damn article. Write clearly and concisely
1. Setting. Where is this game taken place. When. What is major faction(s). What is the endgame. 2 paragraph max, 5 sentences each max. ideally one para, 5 sentences.
2. What is MC. What is his/her goal. 2 sent
3. How much have you overwitten on original Bloodlines. This is important, because the biggest collection of B-fans left are concentrated here, and we want to know how much you shit on original. If you do it well or intriguingly, we will try it. 5 sentences max (faction, places, equipments, skins, perk tree)

Insert lot of ingame screenies to illustrate your work.5-10 screenies. We dont need to see your ugly mugs, that is for later. We dont need to see your logo. We do need to see, in game, how your works appear.

Last edited:

Mustawd

Sadly I believe you. You guys would like the Bloodlines Antitribu mod then, the developer created some "SS" uniforms for the skins. While it didn't go over very well for the German and Polish crowd, you bigots would love it I'm sure.

*sigh*

Anyhow, laclongquan covered most of what you really need to know. But getting offended is not how you should approach posting here.

Example of marketing a game poorly: Black Geyser

Example of marketing a game well: Serpent in the Staglands

In both cases the initial reaction was the same: Skepticism. But one of the devs understood the culture here and the other one didn't (ignore the fact that the black geyser guy said he wasn't a dev. We all know he was). If you want to market your mod well, I'd pay attention to how the SITS dev communicated with the community. The studio is now pretty well liked around here.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
*Red alert at General RPG Discussion, I repeat, red alert. The resident deviants are getting rowdy again, request immediate intervention! Moderate with extreme (un)prejudice.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Are you sure, Infinitron has 45,911 messages so he's been "pretending" to be a moderator for quite some time here. I really hope this isn't a hate site because it has a very active community here.

The only thing we hate here is passive-aggressiveness and modders with delusions of grandeur.

Post about your mod in a no-nonsense fashion. Don't demand special snowflake treatment. Reply to the posts you like, ignore the ones you don't. Respect that everyone is allowed to voice their opinion, and some peoples opinions will be "that thing you like is shit". The people who can manage that without going full drama queen will find a helpful and insightful community here .The ones who can't will be ridiculed until they throw a hissy fit and leave.

Good examples of Devs who understood this are Serpent in the Staglands, Chaos Chronicles, Underrail, Battle Brothers, That Which Sleeps, and Kyrub's AI patch for SMAC.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Another pussy modder with delusions of grandeur.

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:lol: well this is VTM-B modding, drama is a built-in feature.

Anyway, as I understand it, TFN is basically a newer version of the Camarilla edition mod. IIRC its main purpose was to bring the game closer to the pnp rules, which may, or may not, be a good thing.

Mustawd

I personally think all communication with this modder should take place via fake interviews.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
:lol: well this is VTM-B modding, drama is a built-in feature.

Anyway, as I understand it, TFN is basically a newer version of the Camarilla edition mod. IIRC its main purpose was to bring the game closer to the pnp rules, which may, or may not, be a good thing.

Wesp seems sane, this one sounds like he needs a safe space.

Grimlorn

Arcane
This place thrives on its hatred. We chew modders up and spit them out. We haven't had a sacrifice for awhile. Welcome.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ignore these people they are just jokers.

I hope this mod does not have anything of questionable morality, such as revealing clothing, drugs references, or homosexuality.
It should also not have swear words and nobody should be allowed to smoke.. anything :codexisfor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom