Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Released on GOG

Doors are still fucking retarded and you need to wait a few seconds while they open lest you get stuck inside them. Sometimes you'll get stuck outside the game world after feeding or w/e, just go to the console and noclip a few feet back to solid ground. You also sometimes get stuck on physics objects because lol source engine.

No kidding huh?
I never experienced any of these issues.

Delterius

Arcane
The only mindblowing issue I've faced is that your Downtown Haven progressively become more cluttered with invisibile objects, bugging you and whatever other characters enter it. Restarting the game fixes it.

Oh and by the way, I was enough of a retard to play the whole game with Wesp's patch and run it through Steam. So it was a weird chimera version of the fan patch and vanilla. Still relatively solid (bar lots of CTDs).

btbgfel

Scholar
How stable is the game anyway? Are there still game-breaking bugs in it? Haven't played it in ages...
Only met one guaranteed bug in gog version+up 9.5 plus. Load a save, then back to mainmenu, start new game charactor creation, cancel to mainmenu, load a save again, ingame computers stop responding now. Restart game can fix it though.

Ash

Arcane
why

what kind of a retard would actually buy this game and give money to kikectivision ?

Think of it this way: buying this game shows it was worth Activision's time, and that people are still interested in good games. It was also partly due to Activision that this game even existed in the first place. They published a lot of good games back then.

Really I'm neutral on the pirating stance. It's the smart thing to do, and only pseudo-stealing, but maybe if it wasn't so widespread more games for smart people would be made. If the publisher funded it and wanted to give it to you for a price, they do deserve that right, even if merely taking a copy of it doesn't damage them at first glance (it does, depending on geographical region, as with physical products if you really want something then you'll save up the money for it, and game prices are far from extortion anyway).

So, would I pirate this game? Perhaps if I didn't already own it on Steam. Old games in particular are often abandonware and not even officially supported by modern systems. In this case Activision may have paid for it to be updated though. That deserves a financial return, no?

Edit: so GoG and associates did the usual and robbed a fan-made patch, selling it off with the game and pocketing the money? Pirates. Pirates be everywhere.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Edit: so GoG and associates did the usual and robbed a fan-made patch, selling it off with the game and pocketing the money? Pirates. Pirates be everywhere.
They have a deal with Wesp5 and patchesscrolls.de. Someone on GOG asked JudasIscariot how much he got from this deal but he's in no position to answer that.

Bloodlines on GOG? And, crap, yes it IS now old enough that it probably does count as a 'good old game' and not an old-style shoehorned in game/

'Azrael the Cat is Old: the Olderning, now feeling old at Grumpy Old Geezers'.

[sigh....]

pippin

Bloodlines on GOG? And, crap, yes it IS now old enough that it probably does count as a 'good old game' and not an old-style shoehorned in game/

[sigh....]

2004 was 50 years ago.
Then again, Bloodlines fits GOG's profile a lot more than certain stuff they have been releasing recently. Besides now we get to have all Troika games in one place.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

[sigh....]
GoG hasn't been exlusively about "GoG" for a long time, stop this meme.

Ash

Arcane
For the record, we ask for permission from the creator(s) for every fan patch we use. So if we don't get permission, we don't use it.

SS2Tool? I've heard otherwise in the case of other games too. Lots of hearsay. I'm a fan of your service anyhow, I'm not going to take any claims at face value, SS2Tool for example may have been a case of miscommunication between the parties involved, or any number of things...or you/associates could have just copied the necessary code outright without the identifying comments and claims. "Tech Ninja" stuff...
If I'm wrong at all, then accept my apologies in advance. Good companies and good people should not be held to unnecessary scrutiny.

Last edited:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
For the record, we ask for permission from the creator(s) for every fan patch we use. So if we don't get permission, we don't use it.

SS2Tool? I've heard otherwise in the case of other games too. Lots of hearsay. I'm a fan of your service anyhow, I'm not going to take any claims at face value, SS2Tool for example may have been a case of miscommunication between the parties involved, or any number of things...or you/associates could have just copied the necessary code outright without the identifying comments and claims. "Tech Ninja" stuff...
If I'm wrong at all, then accept my apologies in advance. Good companies and good people should not be held to unnecessary scrutiny.

There was a misunderstanding regarding *something* about System Shock 2, that much I remember myself, it may have been related to that tool or something similar but whatever it was, we've made sure to make amends with the people involved. Like Isaid, we do our best to ensure that the various communities we deal with get their due respect. Case in point: the reason we've removed Re-Volt from sale is because of an issue with a community-made patch see https://af.gog.com/forum/revolt/revolt_temporarily_delisted_on_gogcom/page1?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Ash

Arcane
I was running my mouth without much basis to criticize, forgive me. Keep up the good work.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
2004 was 50 years ago.

960.jpg

throwaway

Cipher
So wesp got something for all those years of effort? Good to know.
Hope he'll reach v10 cause I've been waiting for that figurative milestone for a while.
If he went the way of Drog or Qwinn, poof, no more modding scene.
Anyone care to throw in some links about that? I remember stumbling upon a thread here with a Qwinn raging but wasn't fully aware of the context, did the codex manage to discourage the main PST modder?! Also, what did Drog work on?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Anyone care to throw in some links about that? I remember stumbling upon a thread here with a Qwinn raging but wasn't fully aware of the context, did the codex manage to discourage the main PST modder?! Also, what did Drog work on?

Qwinn just called it a day back in 2012, he only ragequit the Codex back in 2009. Drog's the Master of Arcanum, he used to have a tag and everything (branding an alt of his with the tag was a quick way to get him to stop using it).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom