Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Released on GOG

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Will buy when it goes on sale. My autism requires that I play Redemption before playing Bloodlines. Yes, I know I know it is dumb to do it this way. I can't help it. I was born with this.

There honestly is no reason at all to play Redemption just to play Bloodlines (even though, I actually like Redemption).

Though, if anything, it is interesting to see how two different companies approach the WoD setting. Like both have a nasty Werewolf encounter. One game has it placed just for a lol wtf reason, and the other has the encounter specifically to kill you, because *someone* wants you dead... :M

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
what are you excited about

seriously

Because due to sanctions and shiet, my only way to buy games is buying them indirectly from gog
But there is no reason why you should buy this.

The money goes to activison
Activision killed troika for making this game
Activision doesn't deserve your money for this game

But GOG gets a cut too so can make Cyberpunk 2077 even better!

Mustawd

Will buy when it goes on sale. My autism requires that I play Redemption before playing Bloodlines. Yes, I know I know it is dumb to do it this way. I can't help it. I was born with this.

There honestly is no reason at all to play Redemption just to play Bloodlines (even though, I actually like Redemption).

Though, if anything, it is interesting to see how two different companies approach the WoD setting. Like both have a nasty Werewolf encounter. One game has it placed just for a lol wtf reason, and the other has the encounter specifically to kill you, because *someone* wants you dead... :M

Yes I am aware. But I just can't do it that way. Autism sucks.

Prime Junta

Bummer, just bought it on Steam (sale) last week, would've preferred GoG. Oh well.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Indeed and it won't be pretty. Skip to 22:50 in this video.
He's talking about the pnp iirc. But of course there will be a new VtM videogame now that a videogame publisher owns the IP, it's probably going to be announced once 4th edition is out.

What I don't understand is what that has to do with this Activision product being published on GOG.

Trotsky

Arcane
I like the trend of old games getting updates even if they're only fan inspired ones. It's a sign of life for them and validates the retro gaming scene as an important force.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm actually kinda surprised to see everyone reporting this, even MMO-centric sites from what I can see. Am I missing something here?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
He said 'activision has called us' after the shorter guy mentioned a "bloodlines 2'.
I don't know why they'd do anything with Activision unless they want to make a literal "bloodlines 2".

P. nonsense to involve a third party just to use the parts of the IP they own. The sequelitis of videogames can't be that extreme.

Delterius

Arcane
He said 'activision has called us' after the shorter guy mentioned a "bloodlines 2'.
I don't know why they'd do anything with Activision unless they want to make a literal "bloodlines 2".

P. nonsense to involve a third party just to use the parts of the IP they own. The sequelitis of videogames can't be that extreme.
Maybe not of videogames but remember, its Activision we are talking about. If they are willing to invest in a Bloodlines 2, I don't see why they wouldn't consider a deal.

And if Activision is knocking, then there's potential.

Bloodlines 2. Its coming.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
They don't deserve a dime. Hopefully the deal won't be good enough.

If Paradox & Obsidian need a narrative link to bloodlines for marketing reasons, can just use Jack and Beckett.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I would find it almost stupid of Paradox, who now owns the WoD property to make a game with Activision (Bloodlines 2, of which there is *some* supposed appeal/familiararity, and of which Activision owns that games IP(?)), when they can just say fuck you we are just going to make a new WoD/nWoD game and publish it ourselves. Why in the hell give another publisher like Activion any money when you can just create a new game entirely under your control? I sure as hell would not be working with Activision. :M

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yeah, fuck that idea. Fans keep it alive despite attempt to kill it off, WW/Onyx Path and Paradox takes the risk to revitalize the IP and Activision comes to rake in the cash with a sequel to their game?

Delterius

Arcane
That's the idea. I hope that Paradox, a publisher, doesn't rely on Activision for anything. This is the age of spiritual sakessurs, Vampire is all the brand recognition you need.

However... that the Evil Empire comes knocking shows that all of Wesp's work and Tessera's whining kept that flame alive for a greater purpose. Much the same could be said about White Wolf's own fanbase.

The future is bright for the World of Darkness.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It *is* entirely possible Activision contacted them about one of their properties.... we are of course most focused on only one of them... :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom