Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Valkyria Chronicles Headed to PC

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Sega; Valkyria Chronicles

It looks like Japanese developers are starting to discover the PC market for real, after all. Now that, notably, Square Enix has released a hefty amount of Final Fantasy titles on Steam, including most recently the controversial Final Fantasy XIII, and Falcom/XSEED have done the same for Trails in the Sky - not to mention the non-RPGs like Metal Gear Solid V or Way of the Samurai 4 - it looks like PC is not predominantly an eroge platform in the eyes of Japanese video game companies anymore.

The latest of such developments is the news that the formerly PS3-exclusive Japanese tactical RPG Valkyria Chronicles, originally released in 2008, will be coming to PC soon, first leaked when someone discovered its PEGI rating:

11813.png

Some thought that could've been a mistake - however, SEGA themselves confirmed the port is coming on their Twitter later that day:

11815_500.png

Valkyria Chronicles is the tactical RPG that many strategy game- and RPG-savvy Codexers claim to have enjoyed. So here's hoping it really is as good as they are saying.

UPDATE (10/30/2014): The game has been made available for preorder on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/294860/

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm insanely excited. This is one of the finest Strategy RPGs ever made. I'd kill for a mission designer and mods.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Funny how Sega, at one time a god damn console manufacturer, is now predominantly a PC company. I do love some of their games though, lately Alien Isolation was brilliant.
Heard very good things about VC as well.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I was actually considering another playthrough this past weekend, as i have played the game since it was first launched on the ps3, this news saves me the effort.

Probably will be a horrible port tho.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
One of the best games I have ever played. The music, the art, the story, the BLITZ system... Happy to see this one ported, we will see the quality in due time, but if it enough to revive the series and have VC4, I am all for it.

If you have not tried VC and you are not a moron with your head up your ass, try it. I was very skeptical at the beginning...

Drowed

Arcane
:neveraskedforthis:

But, but, but...! Oh hell, I did ask for it. I want my kawaii games on STEAM right now.
:desu: I will buy it for sure.

Outmind

Augur
One of the few ps3 exclusives i was actually sad they didn't port. Now they just need to do the same with rdr and the ps3 becomes completely and utterly obsolete.

Malpercio

Arcane
VC games are pretty fun and have unique gameplay, good.

Doubt we'll see 2 and especially 3 though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom