Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vagrant Story

Holy Cow

damn good game

that is all

tennishero

Novice
shit game

not an rpg

shit dungeon crawl

homo story (as per usual for mitsuda) FFT, FF12- all homo themed games

good grafixs for the ps1

battle system is acceptable

KalosKagathos

Learned
The Witcher fans should check it out: the two games are alike, except VS has better combat and better crafting. In fact, I'd really like to see another game that revolved so much around weapon crafting.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
tennishero said:
shit game

not an rpg

shit dungeon crawl

homo story (as per usual for mitsuda) FFT, FF12- all homo themed games

good grafixs for the ps1

battle system is acceptable

agreed. I hated that game badly. I rented in from Blockbuster pissed on the CD and took it back.

.Sigurd

Educated
tennishero said:
not an rpg
Hell Yeah! Who cares about character stats determining the outcome of his actions!? I want C&C, I mean, it's only RPG when you can choose what the character will say like in these adventures games, amirite?

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
.Sigurd said:
tennishero said:
not an rpg
Hell Yeah! Who cares about character stats determining the outcome of his actions!? I want C&C, I mean, it's only RPG when you can choose what the character will say like in these adventures games, amirite?

Stats determining actions isn't exclusive or unique to the RPG genre.

Side note:

if you get Tactics Ogre for PSP you get promo code that allows you to buy Vagrant story for 3 euros.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Please stop quoting tennishero. There is a reason he is the 4th most ignored fucktard on the codex.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Hobo Elf said:
tennishero said:
not an rpg

But what is an RPG? First we must define RPG before we know what is and isn't an RPG.

But first before we define what is an RPG, we must, beforehand, know what is a definition.

codex breaks down

welcome to 2011

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i liked it enough to finish it when it came out, but not enough to finish ng+.
Kaanyrvhok said:
Stats determining actions isn't exclusive or unique to the RPG genre.
no, but being able to upgrade your stats and change the outcome is. it's pretty much what separated rpgs from strategy boardgames.

trym88

Scholar
Serious_Business said:
Hobo Elf said:
tennishero said:
not an rpg

But what is an RPG? First we must define RPG before we know what is and isn't an RPG.

But first before we define what is an RPG, we must, beforehand, know what is a definition.

codex breaks down

welcome to 2011

Before we do that we have to find out what is knowledge and how does it devlop in human brainz. But before we can do that we need to find out the meaning of life, everything else would be waste of time.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
trym88 said:
Serious_Business said:
Hobo Elf said:
tennishero said:
not an rpg

codex breaks down

welcome to 2011

Before we do that we have to find out what is knowledge and how does it devlop in human brainz. But before we can do that we need to find out the meaning of life, everything else would be waste of time.

Should be easy enough.

Zomg

Arbiter
But I explained why this is a bad RPG a couple of months ago and everyone agreed...

At the very least you gotta admit they stretched a 5 hour game into 40 by reusing content like fucking craaaaaazy

And the combat is terrible and broken in 5-6 ways

And you ahve to go through multiple menu layers to switch weapons in a game where the rules encourage you to switch weapons multiple times per room

And it looks like the Dark engine in bondage gear

I guess that was the same explanation so update your opinions bros

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom