Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Also, the world map gave me a boner. Hopefully it's non-linear enough.
ss_ab5bbca886f061c59d240a0c4740c3c2f1d10d52.1920x1080.jpg
Judging by a review, you can choose to get an airship at the beginning of the game :
review said:
You are then told you can select 1 of 3 gifts from the "king" to help you on your journey. I chose the Airship because....why not?!? :) I also think me selecting the airship hurt me as the map is pretty big and I went to many areas where I was overpowered quickly.
[...]
The cave monsters were WAY too powerful for me but there is a chest near the entrance to the cave with a Colorless Ring. You can get in and get out before being attacked. :) That ring gives the user 50% off magic costs
May be right up my alley.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
No, it's also what I thought after reading that part of the review but then I searched and I think it's just plagiarism (of a fun feature at least).

Considering that character development was the worst part of Artifact Adventure with especially too few combat options and that this one has all those classes it could be an improvement over Artifact Adventure.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Been a bit busy lately:

Reverie - A Heroes Tale Release Date: RELEASED!
The Last Sigil Release Date: Now Available on Steam EA
System Shock Release Date: When their vision is clear, was added to the LOL! section
Faith of Danshant RELEASED! worldwide, but no localization. Only Chinese text and VA
Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom RELEASED!
Ash of Gods: Redemption RELEASED!
Panzer Strategy Release Date: TBA, Now Available on Steam EA

Zanki Zero: Last Beginning Release Date: TBA added to Asian
Synstasis Release Date: TBA added to Turn-based

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i remember seeing No Mans Sky referred to as a Rogue-lite a few times (because of the procedural planets).

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://www.thecouncil-game.com/

The Council delivers a fresh new take on the Narrative Adventure, where your choices and character growth truly matter. Make hard-hitting decisions, develop an array of skills and directly impact how the story unfolds. With permanent, long-lasting consequences, there is no going back.

Plunge into a tale of intrigue and manipulation in the style of a classic murder mystery, living with a cast of alluring characters each hiding their own dark secrets. Trust no one while uncovering dire truths – no matter the cost to mind and body.

THE COUNCIL’s first episode, THE MAD ONES, arrives on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 13 March, 2018. The Complete Season will include a total of five episodes
This looks fucking great! Think I gonna buy.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Gonna doublepost.
Xenosis: Alien Infection.
http://xenosisgame.com/

Xenosis: Alien Infection, is a top down 2D retro style shooter with a lot of action/rpg/horror elements. Its heavily story driven and has been in development now for about 6 months. I have been working hard to create a game that is all about the atmosphere and mood, I am using a lot of dynamic lighting and shadowing along with my own shaders to create a feeling of exploration in a dark and constricted ship, never quite knowing what is coming next. Tension is one of the things I want to get across as much as I can, and along with the need to manage your resources, I hope this will make an interesting experience for the player.

There is Fig campaign that is "strictly confidential" and all that jazz.

edit.

Last edited:

Renevent

Cipher
Crap, for a second there when I saw "Paper Dungeons Crawler" thought it might be related to Paper Sorcerer and got excited...man what a let down.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings RELEASED!

Codex Year of the Donut

The Council delivers a fresh new take on the Narrative Adventure, where your choices and character growth truly matter. Make hard-hitting decisions, develop an array of skills and directly impact how the story unfolds. With permanent, long-lasting consequences, there is no going back.

Plunge into a tale of intrigue and manipulation in the style of a classic murder mystery, living with a cast of alluring characters each hiding their own dark secrets. Trust no one while uncovering dire truths – no matter the cost to mind and body.

THE COUNCIL’s first episode, THE MAD ONES, arrives on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 13 March, 2018. The Complete Season will include a total of five episodes
Is it actually an RPG or just a visual novel?

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Is it actually an RPG or just a visual novel?
Apparently it's like a Telltale game plus skills.
So "visual novel with role playing elements" probably.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I've not played their older games, they don't really look like deep stuff, but anyway :
http://www.indiedb.com/games/z-dawn
Z Dawn is an upcoming survival turn based game set in a aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. Lead a group of survivors in a ultimate quest to find the cure.

● Explore the wilderness left behind and find different locations to search for resources, weapons and others values to keep survivors alive

● Manage your survivors and equip them according to their favourite skills.

● Build and upgrade your camp

● Craft and upgrade equipment

● Deal with different events with many outcomes

● And much more!

screenshot.png
screenshot3.png

Coming Apr 25, 2018

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is that a Battle Brothers clone, or am I just being edgy?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom