Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Added Popup Dungeon to Turn-based.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dolla World added to Asian

BloodLust 2: Nemesis
added to Action combat

Panzer Strategy
added to Tacticol

Nantucket RELEASED!

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Spotted yet another tacticool:
http://partisans.games/

About game
Partisans - a tactical game with elements of survival, dedicated to the Russian partisans during the Second World war. This game is about the harsh reality of those times, when many became reluctant hero, and every feat was the price is sometimes prohibitive.

The game will show the well-known war with a new, little-known side. Show partisans ' everyday life, where constant companions were cold, hunger, wounds, and although it was a moment for joy. Will offer a difficult choice - to help civilians and to betray their position, or pass unnoticed? Will give you the opportunity to prove themselves in battle, the cunning and ingenuity to defeat the superior forces of the enemy, and to retreat, if will be very bad.

To retreat to survive. Survive to fight on. To return and win.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Added

三国游侠志 And 牧剑:化神书(Tale Of Swords: Mystery Scroll) To Asian

Partisans added to Tacticool

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Dust and Salt Release Date: TBA
The game is coming tomorrow :
Dust and Salt is a text-based narrative adventure with a pinch of turn-based tactical battles which has you as the main hero leading your troops in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world.

When his father is murdered and his village burned to the ground, a young warrior swears vengeance. He has to choose between force or diplomacy to forge new alliances and subdue his enemies. Will he get rid of the oppressors of this world or become an oppressor himself?

The game consists of a story text, a world map, and a tactical combat layer. On the world map you can choose to travel to different locations. The story text builds around the constant choices you make. Once you engage in battle the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as turn-based combat. Enjoy the vivid writings by the quill of the author Sycamore Bright.

Steam_Features_Banner_-_Features.png

• Story is king. Rich, non-linear story that reminds of D&D with a "flair of battle". We’d describe it as a choose-your-own-adventure book that meets an RPG.
  • Tactical combats. This is not checkers, this is a grown-up combat simulation. Send your light-armored infantry, the Nameless Wolves, through the woods into the back of the enemy while your armored, hammer-wielding Nameless Bears stall the enemy attack.
  • Decisions matter. The narrative branches based on your choices. Your actions define and shape the world you experience.
  • Character development. Are your decisions black, white or gray? Will they lead to a better future for the Sin Lands or will you turn into a usurper?
  • Memorable personalities. Stand up to the cunning Lords of the Sin Lands in well-written interactive dialogues.
  • Art that gives more life to the whole story. Zoom-in on the world map and experience the detail of the artistic work.
  • You don’t pick abstract skills. Instead the choices you make at the beginning of the game define what abilities your character will learn.
  • Featuring a gorgeous Nordic soundtrack by acclaimed artist Mike Olsen a.k.a. Danheim.
It looks simple to me but hopefully I'm wrong.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Legrand Legacy releaes today.

Lost Sphear has been released.

I intend to do better with updating the thread and be more active in general. (Normally, every title would have had a link by now.) Unfortunately, my health has temporarily gone down the shitter.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Avernum 3: Ruined World Release Date: January 31

*cough* it looks like it was released early (accidentally?) at a particular location *cough*

EDIT: Yep, confirmed, I've got it installed right now. Steam won't let you add it, but you can definitely buy and play it right now.

EDIT2: Go to the homepage of spiderweb software and buy it direct from them, you get an email with a steam key and a link to download it. The download works, but the Steam key won't until the 31st.

EDIT3: They shut it down

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Wait, I just noticed it's made by Paper Sorcerer guy. On one hand I would have preferred something else from him but on another hand that gets me at least slighty intrigued about it, Paper Sorcerer was neat.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Delver has released

Added Gaia Beyond to Action combat

東方二次] Senran Meisuishu Tactics / 戦乱命萃酒タクティクス
has released

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age has released

Tangleddep has released

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Fleets of Ascendancy added to Tacticool

Thea 2: The Shattering
added to Tacticool

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Encased, http://darkcrystalgames.com/
- What: A modern tactical role-playing game about adventures and survival in a special zone left from an ancient race of unknown origin, the spiritual successor of renown isometric RPGs of the early 2000s.

- Title: working title - Encased.

- When: early access in 2019.

- Who: Dark Crystal Games - indie-studio from St. Petersburg, Russia. Now we have six permanent experienced developers who worked on such games as Divinity: Original Sin (DOSEE and DOS2), Life Is Feudal: Forest Village, Leviathan: The Last Day of The Decade, and also indirectly related to such games as King's Bounty: Legions, Braveland, and others. We are going to build up the backbone of up to ten people, and at the peak attract fifteen-sixteen.
Another russian Fallout-inspired game, about no info yet, in particular about combat being turn-based
rating_agenda.png
, but they've got an awesome artist on board : https://weilard.deviantart.com/gallery/

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I'll put it in turn-based for now. I know that assumption is the mother of all fuck ups and all that.

Added Falsemen to Asian

I think I added something else, but I forgot. This medication is messing me up.

I'm almost done with all the links. Some games, I didn't find an official site for.

Last edited:

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Can't even keep up with this thread, let alone with the actual games :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom